Quantcast Tips for fun / funny character interaction

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tips for fun / funny character interaction

Anybody have any good tips for having fun / funny character interactions? One of our friends gave us a few to try on our trip this September, like:

- Ask Chip n Dale if they are squirrels.
    - Call Chip Dale, and call Dale Chip.
    - Talk to Donald using your own Donald Duck voice.
    - Ask Minnie if she got a ring from Mickey yet.

These are just a few. I'm sure there are a lot more. What are your experiences/tips?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Those are great ideas. We will have to try them on our next trip.

One of my favorite Disney moments was at Crystal Palace and Tigger flirting with me. It's amazing how much the characters can convey without any words. Even as an adult, I still get swept up in the Disney magic and get starry-eyed when I see Mickey and Minnie Mouse.

Post Thanks / Like

My DD loves to say "tick-tock, tick-tock" when meeting Capt. Hook. Mr. Smee is usually near by and has fun hearing that, too!
    There is just one moon and one golden sun. And a smile means friendship to everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinksmom View Post
    My DD loves to say "tick-tock, tick-tock" when meeting Capt. Hook. Mr. Smee is usually near by and has fun hearing that, too!
    That's cute. One year, my DD saw Hook and Smee coming out for a greet from backstage. She figured she was "safe distance" from him, and started to yell, "Hook is a codfish" like they do on the movie.

He came RUNNING across the Caribbean Plaza and got her! She was terrified...it was HYSTERICAL!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We took a crocodile hand puppet with us one year. Capt Hook was running around and hiding while Smee tried to protect him from the crocodile. Will do that again.

We've had our little ones play 'Ring around the Rosie' with the characters (you should see Donald Duck 'fall down').

I'm always looking for good character ideas -- great thread!

TikiG
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

I love those ideas!! I really like the tick-tock one. We will be going in Oct to the MNSSHP and will have to try that if we get the chance!

Post Thanks / Like

Men: Tell Minnie Mouse she has nice legs. It never gets old. Flirt with her but keep it apropriate, the comment on the legs is about as saucy as you should get with Minnie. Same with other female characters like Daisy Duck or Clarabelle Cow.

When posing with Ariel, ask if she'll make a "fishy face" in the picture, she'll know what you're talking about and be thrilled to show you.

Tell Chip or Dale that you've always thought he was the cutest. I don't really recommend the squirrel comment or pretending to get their names mixed up, a lot of people ask those questions in all seriousness and it really annoys them for the most part. Chip'n'Dale are good for the ladies to flirt with because it usually starts a little fight between them.

Ask Pooh to "up down touch the ground" with you, it's really fun to watch him try.

Do the tailfeather pose with Donald, get him to turn his back to the camera and stick his tail out and shake it while you pose the same way. Very cute.

Ask Stitch to do his Elvis impression or get both Lilo and Stich to hula with you.

Having a stuffed toy or doll of the character is always a good idea. Minnie Mouse loves cuddling little Mickeys and Minnies and any character likes to admire themselves.

On the other side here are some examples of things that don't always acheive good character interaction.

Running up to a character and saying, "I'm your biggest fan" or "You're my favorite". I'm not saying not to do that or that it's bad, it just isn't a guarentee that they're going to give you special treatment considering they hear that sort of thing a lot and there's really not an easy response other than hugs.

Saying things like, "Wow I bet you're hot in there" or "Where do you look from?" or "Are you a girl in there?"

Asking really obscure questions about movies or cartoons. Some days the characters aren't going to be on top of their game and may not remember things about a sequel or prequeal about them.

Asking any kind of question that would have a complicated non-yes or no answer. Remember they can't talk so it's very hard for them to answer in depth questions.

You would think this would be common sense, but picking them up or other inapropriate picture poses like asking Minnie to sit in your lap or something. Same with asking them to hold babies or encouraging them to put your toddler on their knee. Some will do it, but they aren't allowed to so if one does it and another doesn't don't be surprised.
    I ran away from college and joined the Mickey Mouse Club!

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going to be there during MNSSHP, dress up as a Disney character. My friend and I were Minnie and Daisy and had a ton of fun with the characters (including Mickey going gaga over "Minnie")

Post Thanks / Like

Default Charachter Moments

If your a guy Minnie is happy to give you a kiss on your cheek, It makes a cute photo, Just don't do it in front of Mickey!

And Pluto just loves to give your face a big old lick!

Snow White will leave a crimson kiss on a little ones forehead. My DD wouldn't wash her face for days!

Wear a hat to see stitch, Chance are he will try to eat it!

Do the 'tough pose' with Hercules, Muscles flexed, Cute for little boys!

Take Ariel a fork to brush her hair with, It starts a great conversation while your kids will have to explain what it's really for.

That's all I have for now, probably nothing new, But cute reminders all the same!

Little Disney Lovers

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all these great tips! I will have to try a couple next time I go.
    When my sis & I went last Dec. we wore Christmas hats one day in MK. We went to pose with Chip & Dale & they wanted to wear the hats. The pic turned out so cute. Then, later on, we met Breir Fox & he tried to eat my hat. I didn't know it at the time but the pic was too funny! Also, when we met Chip & Dale in Epcot, we danced with them. They can really bust a groove!
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like

Wear a shirt with Mickey Mouse VERY clear on it, and see Donald!!!

Last year - my then 8 year old sister wore a shirt with only Mickey on it, and we were in Animal Kingdom. We went to Camp Mickey Minnie, and saw all of the characters, including Donald. Well - she went to go take her picture, and right before we took the picture, Donald holds up his hands in a 'time-out' position. My sister was like...what? Donald takes her hands and crosses them in front of her shirt, covering up Mickey. Donald started making a bunch of different poses while we took pictues - such as pointing at him, and holding one finger. The attendent said to everyone in line, as you can see - Donald likes to be #1 around here!!

It was so cute!!! I hadn't even thought about Donald not liking to have Mickey on a shirt, but it makes sense.

SO - that's my tip.

Post Thanks / Like

great thread! thanks for all the good tips.

always great to wear a character hat, whether you're an adult or a kid. characters will "steal" it, twist it, remove it and mess your hair up. kids love that.

and make sure your kids are polite- mine always seem to get an extra second or two because they won't push their way to the front, then use their manners when it's their turn. truly feel that the characters notice that.
    john

Off-site '76, '89, '91, '96
    LBV Hilton '84
    DLR '86
    Poly '93, '08
    CR '96, '02, '03
    Next trip- Poly Aug '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disdad13 View Post
    Anybody have any good tips for having fun / funny character interactions? One of our friends gave us a few to try on our trip this September, like:

- Ask Chip n Dale if they are squirrels.
    - Call Chip Dale, and call Dale Chip.

It's funny you mentioned these! We ate dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. I truly could not tell Chip and Dale apart. I kept calling them the opposite. The characters made such a commotion about it! The kept coming over and teasing me! In pantomime, they kept trying to show me the difference (# of teeth, color of nose). I still couldn't keep them straight. My kids laughed so hard.

Love this post! Would love to hear any other ideas!
    Heather

WL- Aug. 2008
    AKL- July 2006
    Off site- Sept. 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Like my sis (mtown71) said, we wore out Christmas hats when we went (mine was the Santa Stitch, hers was the Santa Mickey) and characters had fun with them all day. When we met Peter Pan and Wendy Pan looked at me and said "Stitch is eating your head".. it was really funny. I wore a Stitch shirt several days and had a Stitch lanyard thingy hanging from my fanny pack and I guess it let him know I liked him cause it seemed I always got special attention from him each time I met him. I accidently mixed Chip and Dale up and it did cause a bit of a scene with them! Quite funny!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

My 4 year old at the time told Cru Ella De Vil that he was going to make sure she wasn't going to touch any more puppies. She heard puppies and went into Cru Ella mode and started "searching". My DS was scared for any puppies and started to scold her. Wish I had video running instead of still pictures. Made for some interesting interaction.

We like to take pictures with more villians b/c they are easier to tease.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

You can take Pooh a small honey from one of the counter service fixin's bars. We did this last year and Pooh got so tickled I didn't think he would be able to compose himself!!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Well I always were different Disney character shirts and the one I have may up for me gets the most out of them all. But on June 7th of this year I really got the Fairy Godmother going. I had on my Capt. Hook shirt that I got from the Disney store and when I when up to see the Fairy Godmother before I step foot up to her she said to me. Pirates Pirates you have on a villian shirt u like villians. I said no only Capt. Hook was my favorite villian. Then she said then who else do you like. I told her Princess Aurora and Cinderella. Before I could tell her my other favorites she said Aurora ? She had 3 fairyies doing her dress where I was the only one that did Cinderella's. So when we got are picture taken I when to the Photo store in Main Street and of chourse I didn't see what she was doing but this is what she did in the picture with me.

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x...current=22.jpg

I couldn't believe it. I was like what did she do.
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Genie View Post
    Well I always were different Disney character shirts and the one I have may up for me gets the most out of them all. But on June 7th of this year I really got the Fairy Godmother going. I had on my Capt. Hook shirt that I got from the Disney store and when I when up to see the Fairy Godmother before I step foot up to her she said to me. Pirates Pirates you have on a villian shirt u like villians. I said no only Capt. Hook was my favorite villian. Then she said then who else do you like. I told her Princess Aurora and Cinderella. Before I could tell her my other favorites she said Aurora ? She had 3 fairyies doing her dress where I was the only one that did Cinderella's. So when we got are picture taken I when to the Photo store in Main Street and of chourse I didn't see what she was doing but this is what she did in the picture with me.

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x...current=22.jpg

I couldn't believe it. I was like what did she do.

The link didn't work, can you do it again please?

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chicklittlemom View Post
    It's funny you mentioned these! We ate dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. I truly could not tell Chip and Dale apart. I kept calling them the opposite. The characters made such a commotion about it! The kept coming over and teasing me! In pantomime, they kept trying to show me the difference (# of teeth, color of nose). I still couldn't keep them straight. My kids laughed so hard.

Love this post! Would love to hear any other ideas!
    My husband and I ate at the Liberty Tree Tavern and he told Chip (or Dale - I don't remember which one it was) that he was afraid of characters. Well, that really got Chip going! When he came back around to our table area, he hid behind the wall that was behind my husband and tapped my husband on the shoulder and then hid. He did this a couple of times and then jumped out to "scare" my husband. It was really funny.
    I read a tip somewhere to help that helps me remember how to tell Chip and Dale apart. Chip has a black nose, like a chocolate CHIP!
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

When the characters strike a pose, strike a similar pose - I have one with DH with either Chip or Dale (can't remember which one) with their arms crossed on their chests. It's so funny because they look like they belong on the cover of a rap album. Once I made the mistake of asking Max why he wasn't in school during the day - it was the middle of summer and he flipped out about it being summer. It's great how they can communicate without talking at all!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: