Quantcast What Would Your Character Meal Be?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What Would Your Character Meal Be?

Yesterday at our Memorial Day Picnic we were discussing Disney and the topic came up about Character Dining. The main gripe was that there is basically 3 groups of characters at the meals. Mickey and Friends, Pooh and Friends or the Princesses in some form or another and we would like more of a variety.

My question is if you could design a Character Dining Experience. What Characters would it be? Would you put it in an existing Restaurant or would you build and theme a new restaurant?

For me it would be a Character Meal in MGM themed around Star Wars Characters. The restaurant could be themed like the Cantina from the Original Movie and I would be okay with any Star Wars Characters in attendance.

For what it is worth our family vote was won by Character Dining with the Seven Dwarfs

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago, they had the villians dinner at the Grand Floridian. That was loads of fun -- we especially liked it because it was different! There was Capt. Hooks, the Queen of Hearts, Prince John, and Govenor Radcliffe. Lots of great pictures!

Post Thanks / Like

I love both of your ideas, and would eat at each! Somebody once posted about a wish for a Villains Cafe!

I would love a Pixar meal..... Buzz, Woody, The Incredibles, Mike and Sulley -- hey maybe even Lightening McQueen.....
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

As a proud WDW-lovin' mom of a WDW-lovin' SON, I'd love to see a character meal for BOYS. No princesses need attend, please! The characters could be both "old school" like Peter Pan and "new school" like the Pixar characters. We still enjoy the character meals with Pooh and friends, and with Mickey and friends (particularly breakfast at 'Ohana and lunch or dinner at the Garden Grill), but I know that he would have loved to have had the opportunity to meet, greet and eat with the Toy Story crew when he was younger. And now there are even more great characters.

P.S. Love the idea of the Star Wars cantina! This would be a great thing for MGM Studios and would appeal to Star Wars fans of all ages.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked the idea of a meal with all 7 of the dwarves. It seems impossible to get to meet most of them any other way and Snow White has always been a favorite. I would definitely go to that one!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    As a proud WDW-lovin' mom of a WDW-lovin' SON, I'd love to see a character meal for BOYS. No princesses need attend, please!

Thank you, I whole heartedly agree. I have two boys and Ohana Breakfast with Stitch was the best I could do. My oldest(6) would love the Star Wars one or any of the others mentioned, girls are icky right now so the princesses don't really excite him.
    2002 - Off Property Son's 1st Trip
    2003-Off Property
    2005- Off Property Son's 1st Trip
    March 2006- Off Property
    June 2006 - POP Star Wars Weekend
    Dec 2007 - ASMu Family Suite

Dec 2009 ASMo Daughter's 1st Trip
    April 2011 Beach Club Daughter's 2nd Birthday Trip

Coldwater, Michigan 1164.1 mi from the pure joy of it all
    Post Thanks / Like

I know I am partial to Dalmatians(hence the username and the avatar), but what ever happened to them? I would love to see something for them...maybe eat out of CLEAN doggie dishes for the kiddos...lol. I think kids would love that! Just an idea...
    Shell

JUNE 13-18, 08 and the countdown begins...YEAH!!
    Oct 27, 2006 - ASMovies (Dalmatian hotel)
    1997 WDW Offsite
    1994 California Disneyland
    1990 Tokyo Disneyland Offsite
    1987 WDW Offsite
    1984 WDW Offsite
    1980 WDW Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I would vote for the Pixar characters, especially from Toy Story and The Incredibles. DD "loves" the princesses, especially Ariel, but DS could care less. He's into cars and animals.
    For a Counter Service place, how about Flo's V-8 Cafe? It seems a natural for a restaurant near Tomorrowland Speedway.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Star Wars idea. My DS would flip. Pixar would be loads of fun, too (and my DDs wouldn't complain, either).

I also think they desperately need a face character meal for boys. Pirates, anyone? Oh, wait. Maybe that's not for DS but for mommy. Jack Sparrow. swoooooon.
    ~~Julie~~

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for a Toy Story themed character meal. My son absolutely loves Buzz and Woody. He does enjoy Chip and Dale and Goofy at some of the others, but I think the Toy Story characters would make his whole vacation!
    Beth

Past Trips: 83 86 88 89 95 97 00 03 04 06 08 (CBR, Dixie Landings/POR, Coronado, Contemporary)
    Next Trip: Feb 27th to March 7th 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

I have to go with the Seven Dwarfs both girls and boys would love it, or huey duey and louie

Post Thanks / Like

I too would like to see one with the Pixar characters maybe skewed a little bit more for boys. I know that my nephew feels slighted in the character meal category!
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Oh do I have a few ideas on this subject. First, I think with all the new Pixar movies, the older classics don't get the exposure they deserve. How about Dumbo, Bambi, Peter Pan, Jungle Book ect. Also, how about the Muppets? That would be a great place for MGM! I second that of having a Villan dinner too!
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Post Thanks / Like

i agree with a couple of posts,
    one i would like to see more boy orientated events as well to counterbalance all the princess stuff! a peter pan or pinocchio breakfast would be great
    i also love the muppet idea, i think that is my favorite!

1974 & '75 - offsite
    every other year as a child all at contemporary
    1995 - wilderness lodge
    1999 - yacht club
    2005 - beach club
    2007 - beach club villas

2012 - beach club villas!
    2013- Beach club - marathon weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Our 2 boys are begging for a "boy breakfast" too - I think Toy Story would be a great idea. Personally I'd love the villians meal.

This October, we've bribed them to try Crystal Palace (Pooh & Friends is too "babyish" for them) for breakfast . . .
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

A pirate's themed one would be neat... have Jack Sparrow, Capt. Hook, Smee, Peter Pan...

Toy Story would also get my vote. Would love to see a Cars themed one - not sure how they would do that - unless they have Lightening, Mater, Sally, etc.. in various spots around the eating place and you get to 'meet' them as you are led to your table to eat...
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousefan29 View Post
    A few years ago, they had the villians dinner at the Grand Floridian. That was loads of fun -- we especially liked it because it was different! There was Capt. Hooks, the Queen of Hearts, Prince John, and Govenor Radcliffe. Lots of great pictures!
    Do they still have this meal?? My boyfriend would die if I planned that for our trip! That's the one thing that he said he would want to do.
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

1363 miles from WDW - too far!! :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by illini View Post
    Pirates, anyone? Oh, wait. Maybe that's not for DS but for mommy. Jack Sparrow. swoooooon.
    Now that would work for us moms and their sons... of course, the boys would be eating and the moms would be drooling!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenperich View Post
    Do they still have this meal?? My boyfriend would die if I planned that for our trip! That's the one thing that he said he would want to do.
    The villains meal at 1900 Park Fare was discontinued several years ago. Different characters reside at the restaurant now.

[QUOTE=disneydrmr;1302234]A pirate's themed one would be neat... have Jack Sparrow, Capt. Hook, Smee, Peter Pan...
    /QUOTE]
    This idea was my first thought. Between the success of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie franchise and overall popularity of Peter Pan characters, a pirates character meal would be a hit.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I would really, really love to see a meal geared toward boys...Power Rangers, Buzz & Woody, Incredibles. We have outgrown Pooh & friends and Princesses (DD is 11). DS is 5 and now we want action and adventure characters. I still can't believe Disney changed their minds about this type of meal last year at Hollywood & Vine. I have a hard time believing that JoJo and the Little Einsteins are in that much of demand that they warranted their own meal.
    Beth

Feb 2001 - All Star Movies
    March 2003 - Caribbean Beach
    Oct 2003 - All Star Movies
    Feb 2005 - Pop
    Dec 2005 - AKL
    Oct 2006 - Old Key West
    Jan 2007 - Boardwalk Villas
    Feb 2007 - Pop
    Sep 2007 - Old Key West
    Feb 2008 - Old Key West
    June 2009 - Old Key West & 3-day Cruise!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: