Quantcast Transformers The Movie (opens July 4!)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Transformers The Movie (opens July 4!)

Ok, are there any other 30-somethings out there that can't WAIT for this movie? I have been waiting for 30 years for this! My brother and I were obsessed with Transformers when we were kids and this weekend I saw the full trailer during Pirates 4 and sat there in awe! It's almost here!

Go HERE for the official Transformers the Movie trailer, HD and other teasers. Yahoo does the BEST movie pages!

Also, here's the poster:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Transformers The Movie (opens July 4!)

Thanks Michael. I am not a 30 something but am a fully initiated Transformer enthusiast due to my son. He and his cousin (both 20 somethings) keep me updated with all things Transformers. Thanks again for the post.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, yeah! I can't wait. Ya know, we need a transforming smilie. I read all the comics and watched the cartoons without fail as a kid. I still get chills everytime I head "The Touch." Now DS6 is playing with all of my original toys plus the new ones. It's nice to be able to pass something along to the next generation. So far the movie looks incredible.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad that I have a 9 YO son to take to this one! I have been looking forward to this one since I first heard it was coming out!
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Big-time, 33-year-old TF fan right here

I've been following the production on this movie since Don Murphy and Tom DeSanto started pitching the idea to various production companies. My wife's sick of hearing me talk about it

I'm getting a bunch of friends and coworkers to go see a midnight showing (provided there is one), and I keep threatening to wear an Optimus Prime voice changer helmet

Oh, and Michael, that's some wait... Transformers have only been around for 23 years :P

Post Thanks / Like

You know the thearters are going to packed with 30-something year old men with their sons. And my son and I will be among them. Can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like

I can still remember when my dad took me to see the original animated Transformers movie back in '86. To me, that was the coolest movie in the world! Of course, now when I watch my DVD of that movie, I see it was just a vehicle to introduce a bunch of new toys to the kiddies. But it's still fun

My son will be with me for this, and I'm dragging my dad along for old time's sake

Post Thanks / Like

This may be pretty blasphemous but I thought the previews looked kind of...dumb.
    My brother watched Transformers as a child and I dig the cartoons to a certain extent but something about the movie just turns me off. Well I hope that it turns out to be great for all of you mega-fans out there. I know this movie has been eagerly anticipated by many.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyStitch View Post
    Big-time, 33-year-old TF fan right here

I've been following the production on this movie since Don Murphy and Tom DeSanto started pitching the idea to various production companies. My wife's sick of hearing me talk about it

I'm getting a bunch of friends and coworkers to go see a midnight showing (provided there is one), and I keep threatening to wear an Optimus Prime voice changer helmet

Oh, and Michael, that's some wait... Transformers have only been around for 23 years :P
    23? WOW. I thought I was younger. Oh well, I do remember building a Transformer Fortress with my brother on one of our summer camping trips during my youth. It was so much easier then, no video games, no electric plugs for a portable television -- you weren't a dork for playing with your younger brother. We had to make up stuff to do. "GO PLAY OUTSIDE!" was a constant at my house growing up!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Just a head's up, I found out today that Michael Bay has confirmed that the release date of Transformers has been moved up to July 3rd, with a special showing on the 2nd! So be sure to check your local listings!

Post Thanks / Like

I was huge into Transformers as a kid - they were by far my favorite thing in the entire world. But the movie has made enough changes to them that they only vaguely resemble the Transformers that I remember. Basically only Optimus Prime even resembles his original character. Because of the changes I'm only mildly interested in the movie and may just wait for the DVD.
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Just digging up this old thread because I'm stoked that there's only one more week until release date

I preordered my tickets for the special 8:00pm showing on the 2nd, and now I'm chomping at the bit for it to be Monday

Post Thanks / Like

I am 30 and every time i see the commercial, just like a kid, I tell my wife I wanna see it. unfortunately she replies "not with me take your friends" so we are getting out of work early on the 3rd to see it.
    Offero

81, 82, 84, 85, 87, 90 - Disneyland (Off Site)
    83 - Offsite
    95 - Offsite
    00 - Kissimmee
    03 - Pop Music
    06 - Port Orleans/ Cruise

"The crowd which follows me with admiration, would run with the same eagerness were I marching to the Guillotine."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot wait to see this movie! It looks sharp..Yeah sure some of the Transformers look nothing like the originals...But they still look good. Not just that but Peter Cullen the original voice of Optimus Prime from the cartoon is doing the voice. Megatron is being voiced by Hugo Weaving(Frank Welker original voice tried out but with megs new look didnt fit the profile,Play the game though he is doing the voice on there). Not only that but the producers are looking into bringing the Constructicons and yes the Dinobots into the second one. I cannot wait for that too..

"Me Grimlock thinks that will be awesome"

Dean
    Twitter = DVC5571

Apr 04--First trip ever--30th Birthday Present
    Dec 05--Off Site (Honeymoon)
    Oct 07-- On Stie POP
    Feb 09-- Off Site -AK day trip
    Sept 10 -- Onsite -Coronodo Springs

Member of the Tommorowland Metro-Retro Historical Society

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

The Transformers were my favorite toys growing up as well. I still have all of them, but I have not let my DS(3 years) play with them yet. My wife sounds like other posters on here, "I am not going with you to see that movie." It should get a good response based on when it is opening so hopefully there will be other movies coming. I have been following the production and rumors from the first mention as well, but I actually thought they would never make a live action movie.
    Justin ├o┤﴾o﴿├o┤

Apr 83 - Offsite
    Aug 83 - FW
    Aug 85 - FW
    Aug 87 - FW
    Sep 01 - All Star(Honeymoon)
    Jun 05 - FW
    Dec 07 - FW
    Mar 08 - FW
    Aug 08 - Disneyland (Offsite)
    Dec 09 - FW
    Feb 10 - Offsite-Business Trip
    Sep 10 - All Star
    Next Trip?

Post Thanks / Like

I also am excited about the new live-action movie. I took my younger brother to the animated movie when I was a teenager and ended up really liking it my self. He was way into Transformers. My DS(9) was into Transformers and we actually have the animated movie. We have watched it a few times. So, we are excited about the new live-action movie and got real pumped up the first time we saw the trailer.
    Next trip - August 2008 - Poly (yoohoo!)
    July 2007 - CR
    July 2006 - CR
    Several off-site trips pre 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SoaringEpcot View Post
    It should get a good response based on when it is opening so hopefully there will be other movies coming.
    Transformers 2 has been greenlit

19.5 hours to go

Post Thanks / Like

The more I see about this movie the better I think it is going to be. I hope it does well enough to make the next one so they can put more characters into it.
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

^ - the next one is already a go. And I think a third has already been slated as well.

I'm going at 9:30 tonight. I even picked up blackout and Scorponok 2-pack on Friday. I couldn't resist, and just need to be able to justify 40 bucks for Optimus before I get that as well.
    John

TBD - September 2015 -- Daughters' first trips
    Caribbean Beach -- Sep/Oct 2005 -- Honeymoon
    Caribbean Beach -- Nov 1991
    Disney Inn -- 1986

Post Thanks / Like

My husband went tonight to the 8:00 showing. I am literally going to have to scrape him off the ceiling. He said it is the best movie he has ever seen...ever! He said the audience went crazy...often giggling like little kids throughout the movie. He said that everyone stood up and cheered for quite some time at the ending.

(I am not a big sci-fi person, so he went with a friend...I'm just relaying this for him!)

I hope everyone else enjoys it as much as he did.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero