Quantcast Michael Vick should be gone! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read about this on the NFL website and all your comments on Intercot ....

Its absolutley shocking if he has done this, and if found guilty i hope they ban him for at least a year if he doesnt get a jail term ....

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Looks I was wrong ... early indications are that Goodell and the NFL are adopting a wait-and-see approach to Vick. Seems like they're willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, because he has a "relatively" clean record (a fact which I'd dispute, but ... ).

I still don't see how the Falcons can put him on the field, though. Will the NFL really tolerate fans in the stands with signs that say "Kill the Dog Killer" and Michael Vick's hanging in effigy (they'll be there, believe me)?
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerSchultzy View Post
    Here's what I find interesting: The "informant" claims that Vick was a big player in dog-fighting in 2000...before he got drafted by the Falcons. So...quick question...where'd he get the money to buy his first fighting dog. Either, the informant is lying, or Vick was getting some cash under the table.

Either seems plausible.
    Please don't say this. It may come true.....please oh please oh please do not let it be true.

In case you cannot pick up on my tone, I get the feeling it could be true. I just do not want it to be true. And I don 't know if I should be sad or get angry. I will probably do both.

Can't believe I cheered for the guy....

Quote Originally Posted by LilHooligan74 View Post
    Hopefully the justice system will work this time. But let's look at this logically. If they prosecute him in Virgina they will use residents of that state as jurors. How many people in Virginia know who Michael Vick is? Come on!
    I think you are WAAAAAAAAAY of base with this comment. Makes it sound like we Virginians will do anything to protect Michael Vick. I can tell you, as a VT alumn and still living in the Commonwealth, he is not exactly getting a lot of love here. Some people want to see him taken down "just because he's Michael Vick". Some, like myself, feel somewhat betrayed by him. I do not think Virginians will let him walk. Problem is, it takes all 12 jurors to convict. Only 1 to aquit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    If I had to bet, my bet would be Michael Vick never plays another game in the NFL again.

Roger Goodell is NOT KIDDING about cleaning up the league. And what Vick has done is much worse than some of these others in terms of public opinion.

Goodell can't have the league's image tarnished to the point of having a dog killer in the NFL.
    He will not play another game. PETA & the Humane Society have said as much. If the NFL does not suspend him "indefinitely" before this season, they will have protest after protest after protest. This will not go away. This could turn into a HUGE headache for the NFL. Easiest thing to do is throw him under the bus, regardless of guilt or innocence.

And unless he cuts a deal (which would admit "knowlegde" of this ring and therefore get him suspended by Goodel), this thing is going to trail. Do you think Courrt TV will say "We want to respect his rights as a citizen. As such, we will request cameras be barred from the trial."

WHAAAAA???

Heck no. This thing is going to be on TV day after day after day. Guilty or innocent, every gorry detail of every charge is going to be put on display for the whole world to see. There is no way he can recover from that. And do you realy think the NFL will"stand by" him during the TV extravaganza? Heck no. The league is bigger than Michael Vick, and they will cast him aside. They are just trying to figure out "how to do it" (in a public relations sense).

Look at it this way, Is OJ a murderer? The law saws no. What do you, court of public opinion say?

This is bad. The "fairest" thing to do is to suspend him with pay until the charges are dismissed, dropped, aquited or otherwise resolved.

If he is convicted, he is done.
    1970-1990 Disneyland - 4 Day Trips
    1980-2001 WDW - 6 Day Trips
    2007 Polynesian (First Resort Stay!)
    2008 Polynesian - planning

GO HOKIES!

All my thoughts and prayers...
    Rest in Peace fellow Hokies
    04-16-2007

Post Thanks / Like

Figures that this had to be my favorite team. Liked them before Vick came and will like them after he most likely gets suspended or thrown off the team.

Just from the team stand point, they should never have traded away Matt Schabb. He did fairly well when Vick kept on getting injured those few years. Now it's going to be funny if they go after Culpepper and him and Harrington will be both fighting for a job against each other like they did down here in Miami.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

i saw a news video on AT&T's home page and it said michael vick indicted. i didnt watch it but ill attempt to find the link to it. Edit: found the link http://home.bellsouth.net/s/editoria...ac=6&ck=&ch=vv

it says on the video description that the indictment alleges that vick and 3 began sponsoring dogfighting as early as 2001. at least it didnt happen to my team though.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know about PETA and Humane Society protesting, but that does seem like an obvious thing for them to do. Personally, as an advocate of the punishment fitting the crime, I'd love for the judge to give him two options:

1. Let Vick continue to play, but the majority of his salary/bonuses must be donated to the Humane Society or similar organizations.
    2. Make him get into the ring with those dogs and see how long he lasts.

The second may be a bit extreme, but I think it just may get the point across.
    Believe in the future, the world is getting better, there is still plenty of opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, PETA and the HS will be in FULL force, no question. It's a high profile case of extreme animal cruelty. There's no way they would walk away without making their presence known, and loudly. They, along with Russel Simmons and a few others have already begun writing to the NFL and the Falcons demanding action.

On the way home from work, my local sports station had an attorney on the air discussing this whole fiasco. He (the attorney) claims that the Grand Jury wins 96% of their cases, either by plea, or by conviction. They don't mess around.

Absolutely disgusting.
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life.
    Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I do not believe I am off base. I did not say I believe everyone in the state is pro-vick. It was merely a statement. You said it yourself, all you need is one to acquit. All he needs is one MIchael Vick fan on the jury, not the whole state of Virginia. The odds might be pretty good for him.
    I am not a fan of Michael Vick, I hope he gets convicted. I feel he is guilty of those charges, but that is my opinion.
    I do think you have too much faith in the justice system. The justice system works sometimes, but rarely works well with public figures.
    Let's hope the NFL will take their own actions against Michael Vick.
    Please stop for a moment set aside an hour and go find a police officer working a beat and thank them..164 officers last year never got that thank you.. ~ Borrowed and Edited from Nick Ruggiero
    April 24th-29th 2012 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LilHooligan74 View Post
    I do not believe I am off base. I did not say I believe everyone in the state is pro-vick. It was merely a statement. You said it yourself, all you need is one to acquit. All he needs is one MIchael Vick fan on the jury, not the whole state of Virginia. The odds might be pretty good for him.
    I am not a fan of Michael Vick, I hope he gets convicted. I feel he is guilty of those charges, but that is my opinion.
    I do think you have too much faith in the justice system. The justice system works sometimes, but rarely works well with public figures.
    Let's hope the NFL will take their own actions against Michael Vick.
    after the pacman jones incident im very sure goodel will suspend him or ban him from playing again. im not a big vick fan but i think atlanta needs him or they will be the 2008 raiders and play like the raiders did last year, not to offend any raiders fans out there but i hope you all do better this time around.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, surprise, surprise - the NFL has decided that although Michael Vick will miss the start of camp due to his court date, he CAN join camp and play this season until he's either convicted or acquitted. So much for the new personal conduct policy and Roger Goodell's vow to clean up the NFL.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

i bet they will let him play this year till he gets a court rulling in the case on wether he is guilty or not. which means he may miss a few games

Post Thanks / Like

This whole thing makes me want to vomit! Why must man be so crule to this earth and its creatures.

Think about this the person we all love so much is a mouse and the first thing when one is near you you want to scream and kill it.
    Gorsh I love this place...

2007 (September) GRAND FLORIDIAN yea the kids are big enough to appreciate a nice resort!
    2006 All Stars
    2005 POPa
    2004 All Stars
    2003 All Stars
    2002 All Stars
    2001 :(
    2000 All Stars
    1993 Poly
    1977 - 84 Howard Johnsons

Post Thanks / Like

I do not follow football, and I honestly had never heard of this guy before this horrible case hit the airwaves ...
    Quote Originally Posted by emmatink View Post
    Maybe Canada or Europe would like to give Vick a try????............please!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't be sending him here thanks! There is only one place appropriate enough for this guy -- you may recognize the landlord...
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    I do not follow football, and I honestly had never heard of this guy before this horrible case hit the airwaves ...Don't be sending him here thanks! There is only one place appropriate enough for this guy -- you may recognize the landlord...
    lol nice but lets all keep in mind he isnt guilty of any of these charges yet so lets not get this to out of hand until there has been a ruling by the judge
    I LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!

Austin

Trips to WDW

1999 - AS Music
    2001 - POFQ
    2003 - Pop Century
    2004 - Pop Century
    2006 - Pop Century

Next Trip: Sometime Soon I Hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's why Michael Vick will not play a down this year:

Gambling.

Period. A large part of the federal indictment includes racketeering and gambling charges. If convicted, he faces up to five years in prison....federal prison. Any conviction or plea for gambling means big time ban for the NFL. There's no way around it.

How does he avoid that? Plea bargain. Which means he would have to admit to the dogfighting allegations. Which would be enough for Goodell to look at public opinion and say "no more."

Look at Tank Johnson....the league and Players Union were okay with the Bears cutting him after being arrested for DUI....two weeks later, turns out he was innocent. But the public wanted blood, and the NFL was more than happy to appease.

The Federal prosecuters have a 95% conviction/plea rate. And I'm sure that's a number they're proud of, and wouldn't jeopardize it on such a high profile case. Sure, there's a chance the informants were influenced illegally to give up Michael Vick, but there is no denying what has happened. Three men have confessed to taking part in an illegal gambling/dogfighting ring that was headquartered at a house Michael Vick owned. He did something. And even if he wasn't involved, he turned his back on those dogs, which is just as much a crime in my opinion.

I also hope that VTech is not hurt in all this. Frank Beamer and the entire school deserve more than having this idiot as their most high profile alumni. Grr.

I say this once more....BYE MIKE....can't say I'll miss you. (And if you're gone, I'll become a Falcons fan).
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

I read last night that the judge assigned to the case is pretty heavy handed. He is not going to care who Vick is. He is likely not going to give him special treatment. This is federal court. This judge could care less.

This thug is going to have the best lawyers money can buy. You know what they are probably going to tell him to do ...... plea bargain. Either way, I don't believe he will play again. If he plea bargains he admits guilt and lying to Goodell. There is a suspension. If he lets a jury decide this judge is known for tough sentencing. So the question is, will he risk going to jail. I bet his lawyers try to keep him out of jail. Isn't that their job?

Bottom line, he isn't going to play because of his "thugness." Money might keep him out of jail, however. He better just hope he has enough to live on the rest of his life.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, maybe I spoke too soon. It appears that Goodell has now told Vick that he is not to report to Falcons' training camp pending an investigation by the NFL into Vick's conduct. I've never been more pleased to be wrong. Until this is all sorted out, I think the right thing is to bench Vick.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

i havent checked the NFL site today or yesterday so id if he did, but there have been news stories on at&t about PETA protesting, nad calling for his suspension.
    I LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!

Austin

Trips to WDW

1999 - AS Music
    2001 - POFQ
    2003 - Pop Century
    2004 - Pop Century
    2006 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

i havent checked the NFL site today or yesterday so id if he did, but there have been news stories on at&t about PETA protesting, nad calling for his suspension. hope its true but i hope some of the falcons opponets go easy on them this year if vick isnt playing. i know the indy vs. atlanta game is going to be a big loss by big points for atlanta on thanksgiving. that is unless they find a good QB in time for the season
    I LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!

Austin

Trips to WDW

1999 - AS Music
    2001 - POFQ
    2003 - Pop Century
    2004 - Pop Century
    2006 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by battlefield2freak View Post
    ...i hope some of the falcons opponets go easy on them this year if vick isnt playing.

I'm a little confused by this statement. Please explain.
    Jeff

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: