Quantcast Holy Micky!!!!!!!! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have daughters (2 sons) and sometimes I think the whole princess thing is over the top. However, 10 years from now your daughter will not remember the souvenirs you bought, but she will always cherish the memory of her special day. Nothing makes me more happy than to hear my teenage sons talk about favorite memories from past vacations. Memories last a lifetime souvenirs, break, collect dust, and are long forgotten. Make a memory
    Aug 1974 Fort Wilderness
    Aug 1981 Fort Wilderness
    Oct 1986 Polynesian
    Oct 1992 Beach Club
    Aug 1998 All Star Sports & Wilderness Lodge
    Feb 1999 Grosvenor
    Aug 1999 Beach Club
    Aug 2002 Yacht Club
    Feb 2007 Old Key West
    Jan 2009 Old Key West
    Jan 2010 Boardwalk Villas

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    I'm glad I have sons! !
    I'm glad I had a tomboy. No way would she consider putting on a tiara and makeup.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I know I said I was glad I had a boy. But, if I ever had a little girl, and she was "into" everything princess, we would go in a heartbeat. Some memories would just be priceless.
    Rhonda

Trips to WDW: Priceless

Impossible is not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

Listening to everyone talk about BBB, I went and made an appointment. Now that I have, I am so excited about it. I think I'm going to keep it a secret, if I can. Kirsta is 6 and totally a Disney girl. The Princesses were just starting to get popular when she was born. Her nickname from when she was born, of course, has been Princess. (I actually called her pumpkin at first, but another neice got really upset because that was her name. So I had to find another "P" word). She may not have memories when she grows up. But I'm going to have them and that's just as important.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pianobabe View Post
    I know I said I was glad I had a boy. But, if I ever had a little girl, and she was "into" everything princess, we would go in a heartbeat. Some memories would just be priceless.
    1) Well, I do have daughters.
    2) And granddaughters.
    3) Neither I nor my daughters do the BBB thing for the granddaughters.
    4) There is a limit to tossing money away.

NOTE: I do not criticize those that want to buy BBB for their daughters, this is ONLY a personal opinion. The wife says I am somewhat of a spendthrift, so it is not a tight-wallet premise. It is just that there should be a limit to frivolous spending.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where do you draw the line?

We are going to WDW in April/May next year. We are coming from Australia so we have to draw the line somewhere.
    The BBB thing sounds so precious, but you can buy all the hair stuff and costumes and do your own little dress up with Mummy's make-up, then strut around the park.
    I also heard about the Alice in wonderland Tea Party, that also sounds special. It's only $28 and include lunch, fun and games with Alice and friends and a photo.
    I'm so indecisive, Disney is Disney, It will be fanatastic just going!
    Little Disney Lovers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by little disney lovers View Post
    We are going to WDW in April/May next year. We are coming from Australia so we have to draw the line somewhere.
    The BBB thing sounds so precious, but you can buy all the hair stuff and costumes and do your own little dress up with Mummy's make-up, then strut around the park.
    I also heard about the Alice in wonderland Tea Party, that also sounds special. It's only $28 and include lunch, fun and games with Alice and friends and a photo.
    I'm so indecisive, Disney is Disney, It will be fanatastic just going!

Kirsta did the Tea Party a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Parents can not be there, but you get a pager in case they need you. You take them in the room and get them situated, and the set up is adorable!!! Go ahead and do it!! I want Kirsta to do the Pirate Treasure Hunt, but she tells me that Pirates are scary.

Post Thanks / Like

Default For - SallyfromDE

Thanks, I'll definately do that one now I know somebody has recommended it.
    My girls will love it, They are right into 'high tea' and cupcakes at the moment!
    Little Disney Lovers

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by nicole48040 View Post
    My cousin told me that BBBoutique was a must for my 6 year old girl and that it was $35. I thought that was a little pricey, considering that my daughter has fine hair. But because she is SUCH a little diva, I decided to go for it. When I went to make the appt. for Nov. 17th the CS told me it's gone up to $44.95 for the cheapest package!!!! Good grief!!!!! I made the reservation but everything inside my cheapo being says CANCEL IT..........I don't know what to do, I just think that she could get such a nice souveneir with that kind of cash......What do you guys think I should do????????
    In my opinion, and that's all it is, my OPINION....

I think the fact that you are already questioning if that money could be put to a better use is perhaps answering the question for you. Perhaps the better lesson to demonstrate is one about value rather than getting what you want regardless of cost.

The reason they can charge so much, is that there are enough people willing to pay that much. But I'm not one of them.

But again, that's only MY opinion.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

When I was little I couldn't stand anyone messing with my hair or wearing makeup. If when I have daughters they are anything like me they won't want to go anyway. I think you've decided on going at this point, right? Enjoy yourselves!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

its vacation - you should just splurge on this. its a one time thing... its definetly worth it. my neice's face lights up everytime she looks in the mirror and realizes that she too can be a princess
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question about the hair do--somebody mentioned the "hair they use" Is it an added hairpiece and does it add to the cost? if so, how much? also, do they match your child's hair or a princess, my girl has short red hair, so i was just curious it i need to budget for a hair piece or extensions or something
    WDW trips
    1987, 1990, 1991, 1994--off site
    July 2001 POFQ
    March 2002 All Star Music
    June 2005 Pop Century
    November 2011 Pop Century

Disneyland trips
    December 2016
    December 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Default Highly recommend it!

Last September I took my daughter who was 4 at the time. She loved it. When people ask her about her trip, the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is the first thing she tells them about! She said it was her most favorite thing ever! They really make the girls feel special! I thought they did a great job and my daughter still plays with the makeup, nail polish, and tiara and hair pin. She will tell me all the time that she wishes she could be back there this minute. When I told her we were going back to Disney this year in September, the first thing she asked was could she please go back, I had already made the reservation! Seeing the smile on her face was priceless! I am a very frugal person, booking off season with the free dining plan, but I feel like BBB is money well spent!

Post Thanks / Like

I had both my girls done at the BBB in DTD last September. I know one thing, though, and this might help people planning this year...the castle BBB is more expensive than the one in DTD. DTD should still be $35. Prices are about $10 higher for the Castle location.

I decided to do it again, this year, because they'll love getting dolled up. And the Cool Dude package is $10, my son is doing it in September.
    Upcoming trips:

Universal (1st time)
    September 5-8 Portofino Bay
    September 8-15 Poly GV Concierge
    MNSSHP

Oct 10-13 GF
    Nov 16-19 Contemporary 14th Floor

We've stayed at:
    Poly (Concierge),POR,POFQ,Pop WL (Concierge),AKL, Yacht Club (Concierge)
    Boardwalk Inn (Concierge)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dicecatt262 View Post
    I had both my girls done at the BBB in DTD last September. I know one thing, though, and this might help people planning this year...the castle BBB is more expensive than the one in DTD. DTD should still be $35. Prices are about $10 higher for the Castle location.

I decided to do it again, this year, because they'll love getting dolled up. And the Cool Dude package is $10, my son is doing it in September.

I am in the understanding the DD will be raising their prices when the Castle venue opens.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the basic package is going up to $39.95 at both locations. The other packages will go up accordingly.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

When I made my daughter's appt. the CM told me that the prices were going up to $45, $50, and $179-229 for the top pkg.
    Michigan Mommy, dreaming of Disney days!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: