Quantcast The 2nd Leg of Our Honeymoon World Tour Part 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile The 2nd Leg of Our Honeymoon World Tour Part 3

I'm glad that everyone is enjoying the reports--I like writing about our trips just as much as I enjoy the trips themselves

All in all, DH & I had a great time. The weather was wonderful, the crowds were great, and I wanted those 5 days to go on forever.

We had just as much fun on this trip as we did during our trip last September. DH kept referring to the UK section of Epcot as "Wee Britain". In Disney-MGM park, DH did not disappoint--he did his "Gotta Dance!" routine whenever I thought it was totally inappropriate. And at the "You're a Character" booth, DH pouted because "the kids are hogging all the machines!" I'm going to have him wanting to come back to Disney year after year soon enough . We did have to high-tail it out of the Studios because one of their great "directors" appeared to be eyeing DH to play the part of a speeding locomotive, but DH wasn't feeling particularly motivated that day. We loved the attention our "Just Married" pins brought on--it's amazing how people that don't know you can seem so genuinely happy for you. Only in Disney. And I'm always impressed with how the CM's working at the Haunted Mansion seem to stay in character. As DH & I entered the foyer, the CM eyed our "Just Married" pins, looked us both in the eyes & said "Our sincere condolences to you both," and went back to his business.

So, final thoughts: I'm not sure how I feel about the recorded spiel that plays on the WDW buses. I like the music, but at the same time I miss the bus drivers' banter & trivia. While I do miss that, I did dig hearing the Austin Powers theme song (just happens to be my ringtone!) on our bus as we were heading back to Pop after a long day at the parks. And I'm sure the recording will be nice on those rare days where you get the bus driver that appears to be auditioning for the role of Grumpy.

Grand Fiesta Tour feat. the Three Caballeros: I'm probably in the minority on this, please don't hate me, but...I actually preferred El Rio de Tiempo. Maybe it was the nostalgia thing--the El Rio de Tempo reminded me of the films they used to show you in school, which I loved; all that was missing on this ride was the voice telling you to advance to the next frame . But I understand, things need to grow & change, and this includes Disney (though I'll be heartbroken if Jeremy Irons isn't doing the new narration for Space Ship Earth). I just don't "get" the Grand Fiesta Tour, I guess.

The Disney magic was alive & kicking the majority of the time. Aside from the room drama, there were very few times where the magic had lapsed; those all happened to be in restaurants. Our server at The Plaza restaurant seemed to be in an exceptionally Eeyore mood that particular day; no matter what I did, I could not get this guy to crack a smile. And at the end of our meal, once he brought us our receipt for a signature we never saw him again. Our last trip with the DP, I never felt like we were being rushed, even when our appetizer, entree, and dessert orders at the same time. This year, I felt like we were getting the bum's rush at The Plaza, Coral Reef (which was made up for with the glowing Tink), and the Cape May breakfast buffet (and we paid for the DP this time!). But who knows, maybe we just happened to have eaten at those places on off days. I will say, Adam at LeCellier was wonderful.

All said, our Disneymoon was wonderful--I was sorry to see it end! We checked out on 5/21 (had a 12:50 PM flight back to Philly). We closed out the day with lunch at Chik-fi-la and then shopping for me at LUSH (I'm hooked on their Honey, I Washed the Kids soap) in MCO. I have a Girls Only trip to the World in September to look forward to (yay mom!), so I should probably start a new countdown clock. In the meantime, I think I'll work on convincing DH that next year he would love to see how WDW celebrates Christmas
    Michael Bluth: I need access to these files that are apparently for British eyes only.
    Rita: Well, lucky for you, my whole face is British.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I loved reading your reports. I am happy that you had such a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Carolanne View Post
    Grand Fiesta Tour feat. the Three Caballeros: I'm probably in the minority on this, please don't hate me, but...I actually preferred El Rio de Tiempo.
    I happen to agree with you. I was very dissapointed with the rehab. But there wasn't much else they could have done. And now.... they won't let you take your drink with you on the ride. We've always enjoyed our from the Margarita Stand while riding this but the CM's said "sorry folks, no drinks allowed.

Thank you for sharing your Disneymoon with us. I've enjoyed reading it because it helped bring back so many memories for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reporting! Isn't it great to come home to another trip to plan? I mean that relatively of course, it's never great to come home!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta dance! I love it. Good to hear about the Grand Fiesta transformation. I have a feeling I'll miss Rio del Tiempo too. Checking out is sad, but you'll be back! That helps.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reporting! It was great to read about a fun trip! Happy planning!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a good trip despite some disappointments with cast members!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a wonderful time ! For those of us Canadians of a certain age *cough* the Austin Powers theme will always and forever be the theme from "Definition" - a Canadian game show from the 70's - heh - that's where Mike Meyers got it from!
    Once as a kid
    Sept 1992 with hubby offsite
    May 2005 Disneyland Paris!
    Sept 2005 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2007 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2009 with hubby - AS Sports!
    Sept 2014 with hubby - POP!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip to me- thanks for reporting!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    And now.... they won't let you take your drink with you on the ride. We've always enjoyed our from the Margarita Stand while riding this but the CM's said "sorry folks, no drinks allowed.
    Are you serious? We discovered taking the on El Rio del Tiempo last time and it made the ride so much better. Now I'm really not happy about the rehab...
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Ah! There is no Christmas like a Disney Christmas - so good luck convincing your DH to check it out! And thanks for sharing your Disneymoon! Sounds like a magical trip was had!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Disney for Christmas is great. You have to go. Thanks for sharing your trip with us

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: