Quantcast POTC question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: POTC question

Post Thanks / Like

Default POTC question

We'll be in WDW next week and were thinking of going to see the new POTC movie at the theater in DTD. The only problem? We never did end up seeing the second movie... Seen the first a bunch, in fact I saw it in the theater when it first came out and I own the DVD. Having never seen the 2nd movie, will we be completely lost seeing the 3rd? Is it a must watch before the new one? Thanks all!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I would rent 'Dead Man's Chest' and watch it before seeing 'At World's End'. Otherwise, I'd think you'd be quite confused.

I'm confused and I've seen the 2nd one.

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with above poster...the second film has a ton of other things that happen, I would rent it ASAP!!
    ~Rhi~

Former Disneyland CM - 1997-1998
    All Star Sports - April 2002
    POFQ Disneymoon - July 2005

Post Thanks / Like

Bummer. Trips do have a way of creeping up on us when we're not looking. Not always a bad thing, but when it comes to fitting in movies, packing takes priority. Tonight we watched "Casablanca" because we've never seen it and DH really wanted to watch it before we went on The Great Movie Ride again so he bought it over the weekend and that was our evening. Looks like we'll either try to watch POTC 2 while down there and then see the 3rd or end up too busy to see a movie anywaze. Thanks for the advice! I'd hate to go to the movie just to be all confused!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, and you may need to watch it more than once to get it! I am trying to hold out not seeing it Thursday b/c we are taking my dad in Florida while there. I can't wait to go on the ride and watch the movie.

Post Thanks / Like

The second movie has a lot of things that get explained, and/or answered in the third.
    Trip count 55 =]

Dead men tell no tales

"Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream." - Ellen, Universe of Energy

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas..."

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you should definitely see it. You may already be there by now, but I would suggest reading the reviews. You can find a lot of them together by going to Rotten Tomatoes (not a commentary, just the name of the review site). Some of the reviews will let you in on what is supposed to be going on in the movie and you will know a little of what to expect. Or you can try checking out the first two movies on Internet Movie Database. You can get a good overview of each there and maybe even the third.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."

Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: