Quantcast Our Second Trip to the World! Pre-trip report.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our Second Trip to the World! Pre-trip report.

Me: Jennifer, the fanatic and planner aka Mama; The other Jen, aka Mom, likes Disney a normal amount; our boys: Ben, 9, and Zac, 3; my mom aka Grandma; my sister, Pamela, her boys Nic, 10 and Will, 7.

We are all staying at the Beach Club for a week beginning this Saturday, May 26. We decided to pick up my son from his last day of school at noon and drive down Friday and stay at ASMovies. We have reservations for Whispering Canyon the first night.

I am SO excited. Last year I decided that my oldest son was old enough to appreciate DW so I somewhat reluctantly planned the trip. (Intercot and the Unofficial Guide were a HUGE help.) I've never liked Six Flags or scary rides, I hate lines and crowds, and previously perceived Disney as a corporate monster churning out stereotypes and drivel in pepto bismal pink. After about 5 seconds in Disney World I began to hum It's a Small World and I've never been the same since. We stayed at AKL and my other sister and Mom stayed in the Contemporary. Both were amazing. My plans went very well and we had a great time despite the Spring Break crowds. Since then I have read about 20 books about Walt, Disney Management, and of course park books. I have watched Snow White more than once and find myself beaming stupidly whenever anything gives me the opportunity to start talking about Disney. Embarrasingly, my 9 year old son is clearly humoring me when I talk about our trip. "You sure are looking forward to this trip, aren't you Mama?" Yes, I mutter, carefully rearranging the ponchos, double checking for extra batteries for the spray bottles I've already purchased, tucking in some extra mole skin.

I can't believe we are leaving in just a few days!!! Is there any hope that my Disney addiction will subside a bit? Our last trip was so wonderful. I am really looking forward to this trip as it will be the first for my nephews. They are a bit shy about rides, but I think Disney will be perfect for them. There is so much magic! I'll try to report as soon as possible. Here is our basic intinerary:

Friday 5/25 All Star Music—dinner Whispering Canyon at 8:00 p.m. Electric WP 9:30

Saturday, 5/26 Check in at the Beach Club Epcot, Pool during day. 5:30 p.m. Dinner at Cape May, Head to MK for 9:00 Spectromagic Parade and 10:00 Wishes Fireworks

Sunday, 5/27MGM Studios,12:30 Lunch at Sci Fi, 3:00 p.m. Stars and Cars Parade, (could take pool break) Fantasmic Dinner Hollywood & Vine 7:00. p.m.

Monday, 5/28 Epcot, Swim, Illuminations at 9:00 p.m. Dinner::6:10 p.m. Rose and Crown

Tuesday, 5/29 Animal Kingdom, Flame Tree lunch, Boma for dinner (do you think kids could take a dip in the pool??)

Wednesday, 5/30 Magic Kingdom, 5:30 dinner at California Grill, back to MK after?

Thursday, 5/31 EMH at Magic Kingdom, Ohana 10:50 a.m. Character Breakfast, ?? Pool ? Epcot ? or straight to Downtown Disney/Quest, RF Café Dinner

Friday, 6/1 open?? Animal Kingdom in a.m.? Swim and Epcot in afternoon or Typhoon Lagoon
    Dinner 5:40 p.m.at Le Cellier

Saturday, 6/2 MGM Studios for Starwars Stuff 11:15 Star Wars Parade Lunch 12:15 at 50s Prime Time, counter service Dinner 7: 00 p.m. SW Hoopla or possibly the kitchen sink at Beaches and Cream after the hoopla????

Sunday, 6/3 Cape May Character Breakfast, 9:10 a.m., and go home, booo hooo. Doesn't this seem way to short!?
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have all the makings of a WDW addict. The only cure now is more trips like the great one you have planned! I hope your big group has a great time. Make sure you see Warwick Davis on your Star Wars Weekend Day. He is fabulous!!
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

We will miss you by a week! It sounds good to me! Have a blast and looking forward to your trip report when you return!

Post Thanks / Like

Have a fabulous time! It's so funny how different planners attack the parks in such different ways. We're staying at the Beach Club as well, May 26-June 3, let's hope for some great weather, shall we?
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you have a great plan there! Enjoy your trip!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Great plans!

The only part you might have to skip is using the pool at Animal Kingdom lodge. The pool is open only to guests at Animal Kingdom and vacation club owners.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we'll see you January! We'll be the tired but happy women with lots of little boys! I can't wait!!! The weather forcast seems to improve a bit each day (if you like hot and chance of thundershowers )
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I hope y'all have so much fun on your trip! We stayed at the beach club last time we went and I really think your boys will enjoy the pool. We were there in December and even though others were swimming, this Texas girl thought the water was too cold! But, my then 2 year old niece really enjoyed playing in the sand and on the playground in the afternoons. The market place is great for breakfast, especially to run down and fill up the mug and grab a bite to take back to the room while everyone gets ready.
    1982 - Offsite
    1985, 1988- Cont.
    1990, 1992- Poly
    1994 - OKW
    1996 - BWI/OKW
    1998 - AS
    2000 - DL
    2001 - POR
    2002 - BWI
    2005 - DL GC
    2005 - BC
    2007 - BWV
    12/2008, 11/10- BCV DVC
    12/2009- Dolphin Honeymoon
    10/11 DL GC!

Next Up: 12/30/13-1/4/14 BCV

pogo Guest

Your plan sounds absolutely wonderfull with one exception.......... it dosen't include me.

I hope you have a very magical time at WDW and from the sound of your pre-trip report, I'm sure you will.

Please don't forget to come back with your trip report when you get home and get rested. I want to hear all about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default we are leaving for the world now!!!

I know it is silly to post, but we are about to get in the car and drive to the World!!!!! I am so excited! I really appreciate all of the suggestions and shared enthusiasm from all the Intercottees!!! Thanks guys! Now, 7 more hours to go....
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Have a wonderful time but drive safely!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great trip

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Ok so now I am wondering how Whispering Canyon went.....

About now you should be headed over to the beach club....... I wish I would have seen this before now because I would have told you Beaches and Cream is a must....

We will be coming down just as you leave and I cant wait.....

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you're enjoying your trip! Can't wait to read about it when you return
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: