Quantcast DLP - Major Dissapointment

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default DLP - Major Dissapointment

All I can say is IF you were ever thinking of going to DLP, please do yourself a favor and dont make ANY plans anytime soon! If you have been to either WDW and/or DLR Calif then the comparison between either and Disneyland Paris is unmistakeable and very forgetable. The property has the Disney name only and any other resembalance is purely coincidential. The Sequoia Lodge is certinally no Wilderness Lodge, the service is sub-Disney standard and the hotel is down right crummy!
    The parks are dirty, employees and guests are RUDE and disrespectfull! Save both your time and $$ and go to WDW for the Disney experience.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I refuse to vacation in France, so DLP has been out for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MPLSguy View Post
    The parks are dirty, employees and guests are RUDE and disrespectfull! Save both your time and $$ and go to WDW for the Disney experience.
    Isn't this what the French are know for?
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear that you did not enjoy DLP.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

I went in may 02 and had a fantastic time. I didn't stay on property, though. I took the subway from the city. I actually want to go back because I didnt have time to see it all or visit the Studios side.
    "It's called a salute to all nations but MOSTLY America"

Been to WDW so many times, I've lost count

Visited Disneyland Paris in May 2002

Disneyland & Cali Adventure in June 2007

Hope to someday make it to Japan, China, and back to Paris for Disney Studios!

Post Thanks / Like

We had a great time in 2005. It is so similar to California Disneyland that DH and I didn't even need maps! It's like they just faxed the park over!

Also, it was the first time my niece and nephew had experienced any Disney park, so it was even more fun seeing it through their eyes. Mind you, we did hop on the Metro and headed back home that night - my sister was working in Ste Germaine en Laye at the time on a four year contract - maybe going home afterward made a difference? Sorry you didn't like it.

Had to say, though, their Space Mountain beats WDW and DL all hollow! Mind you, I am a Jules Verne fanatic so it suits me down to the ground.
    Once as a kid
    Sept 1992 with hubby offsite
    May 2005 Disneyland Paris!
    Sept 2005 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2007 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2009 with hubby - AS Sports!
    Sept 2014 with hubby - POP!

Post Thanks / Like

Well... I'm headed in December but only going for 2 days to see as much as I can.

I hope I like it. I'm sure I will. I just want to be there and say I've been!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

I've been there a few times. Yes, it's different. But, for true Disney Park fans, it's absolutely worth it. There are rides and shows that don't exist in the US (Cinemagique was one of my favorites), and others that are better versions (don't miss "Phantom Manor" - Haunted Mansion - it's a far superior version).

It's interesting to see how they handle the language problem - most shows have headphones for various languages or alternate viewing times for English or French. Although it helps to know a little French, you won't have any problems. The official language of the hotels is English, and there are many Scandinavian CMs there who speak perfect American!

A little warning for those planning a trip - the Value hotels in DL Paris are not air- conditioned. So plan accordingly. However, you will not need AC except in the summer, as Paris is much, much cooler than Orlando or Anaheim.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: