Quantcast Adventurer's Club

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Adventurer's Club

Please tell me about The Adventurer's Club... I have never been, but plan on it this time around.... Is there an admission charge? Is the show continuous or does it have set running times? Is there a place to eat or drink there? Any and all information will be appreciated....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Adventurers Club is a great place to check out. The atmosphere is fun with everyone laughing and having a great time. Watch out for the bar stools!

If you click on the theme parks tab at the top of this thread you will see a section on Downtown Disney, then click Pleasure Island and there it lists prices & times of events (single/multi club admission, etc). They do not serve food but there are many places to eat in the area, and it is a full service bar. Have a great trip!

Kungaloosh! (this would be a drink, & a at the Adventurers Club)
    ~Tammy~

Next Trip: 12/1/07-12/8/07-Animal Kingdom Lodge

All-Star Sports-1998/All-Star Movies-1999/Port Orleans-Riverside-2001/Off Grounds-March 2003(Bad Idea!)/Caribbean Beach Resort-10/2004

Post Thanks / Like

Adventurer's Club is awesome! So much fun... I don't think they have any food there, but lots of fun drinks. The shows are all done in the different "rooms" in the club, and there are several each night. The cast members will make announcements about when to go to which room for which show. Don't feel like you have to hit them all, especially if you plan on visiting a few times during your trip (which I would definitely reccommend!) There's usually a lot going on in the main part of the club, too. A fun thing if you do go several times in one trip---the cast members are sometimes the same, but play different parts, so it always seems "fresh". We stumbled upon Adventurer's Club by accident several years agao, and now it is without a doubt always one of the highlights of our trips! KUNGALOOSH!
    July 1976-Off Site
    March 1993-Off-Site
    Oct. 1994-Port Orleans
    Feb. 1997-Port Orleans
    Dec. 1998-Dixie Landings-Cruise-Dixie Landings
    Nov. 2001-Caribbean Beach
    Nov. 2004-POR-CRUISE-POR
    Sept 2005 DL Paradise Pier
    Dec. 2006 POP
    Dec. 2007 CR
    Nov. 2008- POR
    Oct. 2010 BWV
    Nov. 2011 POR

sly1 Guest

We also stumbled upon it a few years ago and it has become a regular part of every trip. Although it has a bar children are still allowed and we take ours. The shows are clean humor and our children love it as much as we do. It is well worth checking out.

Post Thanks / Like

It is an awesome place! One of the most addictive places in WDW...

But it IS a bar and some people get drunk. Not a place I would promote to take your (young) children.
    95 DLRP
    96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01 ASS
    98, 01 DLRP
    98 DLRP
    00 DLRP
    02 DLRP
    02 CBR & AKL
    03 DLRP
    03 CBR
    03 DLRP
    04 DLRP
    04 CBR
    05 May: PC, Jun: ASS & Sep: PC
    06 Jan: PC, Sep: PC
    07 May: PC, Sep: CBR
    08 Jan: ASMo, Sep: Pop
    09 Feb: OS, Sep: SS
    11 May: SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sly1 View Post
    Although it has a bar children are still allowed and we take ours. The shows are clean humor and our children love it as much as we do. It is well worth checking out.
    This can be common until about 9:00, then things start to become a bit more "adult". If there are families remaining at that time sometimes the cast members will throw out little comments about people who take their kids to bars. No offense, just an observation.
    ~Tammy~

Next Trip: 12/1/07-12/8/07-Animal Kingdom Lodge

All-Star Sports-1998/All-Star Movies-1999/Port Orleans-Riverside-2001/Off Grounds-March 2003(Bad Idea!)/Caribbean Beach Resort-10/2004

Post Thanks / Like

The Adventurers Club is always a "must do" on my trips. It's a house setting (more or less) and the 1930's characters break out into banter while you are sipping your beverages and tell stories with cheesy humor. It's always a good time . You may enter Pleasure Island for free but admission is charged at the door to get into the club. You can just buy a ticket and get into all of the bars (you'll get a little wristband)
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I forgot to write.....the show is continuous. There aren't any show times, just show up and something eventually will happen.
    2001-Daytrip
    2008-closing of PI only

Post Thanks / Like

The show is continuous, but some shows happen at specific times, like those in the library and in the Mask and Treasure Rooms. The times are posted downstairs in the club.

Kungaloosh to all adventurers!
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

Kungaloosh!!

Kim is right, there are show times for the shows in the three show rooms. But if there's a show in the Library and nothing going on in the Mask or Treasure room, often the cast that's not in the Library show will come into the main room and interact with the guests (in charcter, of course!). Also, there are a few "events" in the main room that aren't listed, like the new member initiation.

You need a multi club pass to get in the AC (single club pass isn't good for AC or the Comedy Warehouse). And there are drink specials on Thursdays and Sundays (at least there has been for awhile and were in December, but that could have changed)
    KUNGALOOSH FOREVER!!

"Will you stop this foolishness!!"
    "What kind of foolishness would you like to see?"

Post Thanks / Like

My wife an I visited AC in october and found it to be very entertaining. The only problem we had was being so scared they were going to call on us that it made it hard to relax and truly enjoy it. Is there any way to let them know that you are just there to observe? Or do you just have to try and queitly sit in the back of the room. we went into the mask room and it was crowded and some of the visitors were put on the spot. Especially atrractive females. This made us uncomfortable and eventually we left even though we found the show enjoyable. Any advice?
    2003- Oct.-Carribean Beach Resort
    2006- Oct/Nov.-Carribean Beach Resort
    2007-Nov.- POFQ
    2008-Nov.- POFQ
    2009- Nov.- POFQ
    2010- Nov.- PO Riverside
    2011- May- PO Riverside
    2012-May- Coronado
    2013-May- PO Riverside
    2014-May- PO Riverside
    [B]2015-April- Coronado[B/]

Post Thanks / Like

The Adventurer's Club is, IMHO, the best "Disney" place on PI. In fact, we find it the only real "DISNEY" place on PI!

Head in to the place (you'll need a PI club ticket) and have a drink - sit at the bar stools and wait...something will happen!

It's just good fun. Very Disney. Very fun!

Kungaloosh!
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know what is in a Kungaloosh? I don't drink very often, so I don't want to fall on the floor halfway through my first drink. Do they have a non-alcoholic version?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I looked it up and I found two versions of it.

Old Kungaloosh Recipe -- Circa 1997
    1 1/4 ounce vodka
    1 1/4 ounce Malibu Rum
    3/4 ounce Midori (melon liqueur)
    2 tablespoons pineapple juice
    1 splash cranberry juice

Mix well.

New Kungaloosh Recipe -- since 2000 or so

1 cup Daily's Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
    1/4 cup orange juice
    1/4 cup Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
    1/4 cup blackberry brandy

Toss it in a blender with enough ice to make it slushy.
    2001-Daytrip
    2008-closing of PI only

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twinsowner View Post
    My wife an I visited AC in october and found it to be very entertaining. The only problem we had was being so scared they were going to call on us that it made it hard to relax and truly enjoy it. Is there any way to let them know that you are just there to observe? Or do you just have to try and queitly sit in the back of the room. we went into the mask room and it was crowded and some of the visitors were put on the spot. Especially atrractive females. This made us uncomfortable and eventually we left even though we found the show enjoyable. Any advice?
    We were sitting in the back for Samantha Sterling's cabaret show and we were nabbed. My wedding anniversary was the next night and I forgot how many years
    So then DH thinks on another visit that if we sit right on the stage in the seats on the right and left of the stage we will be ok. He was on stage for about 5-7 minutes, grilled about ours lives together, and then had to do a dance for me
    Another time, he thinks we will sit in the middle and blend in. Pamelia Perkins gets his name and talks to him through out the show. That is until he has to get up on stage and dance I really think no place is safe. And they love to pick on him, which I love. he did get a very nice pin for his participation ( and I got some great video)

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snifflesmcg View Post
    I looked it up and I found two versions of it.

Old Kungaloosh Recipe -- Circa 1997
    1 1/4 ounce vodka
    1 1/4 ounce Malibu Rum
    3/4 ounce Midori (melon liqueur)
    2 tablespoons pineapple juice
    1 splash cranberry juice

Mix well.

New Kungaloosh Recipe -- since 2000 or so

1 cup Daily's Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
    1/4 cup orange juice
    1/4 cup Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
    1/4 cup blackberry brandy

Toss it in a blender with enough ice to make it slushy.
    Hmm, maybe I'll have to share one with my friend esp. if they pick me to get up and dance.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Well thanks a lot Stephanie!! That just makes me feel a whle lot better....hehe. Guess we will have to watch from the balcony!!!!
    2003- Oct.-Carribean Beach Resort
    2006- Oct/Nov.-Carribean Beach Resort
    2007-Nov.- POFQ
    2008-Nov.- POFQ
    2009- Nov.- POFQ
    2010- Nov.- PO Riverside
    2011- May- PO Riverside
    2012-May- Coronado
    2013-May- PO Riverside
    2014-May- PO Riverside
    [B]2015-April- Coronado[B/]

Share This Thread On Social Media: