Quantcast Mrs Garibaldi's short spring trip, May 6th & 7th

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mrs Garibaldi's short spring trip, May 6th & 7th

Cast just me and DH. Both Disney fanatics
    May 6th to May 9th

I was up early on Sunday since I couldn't sleep anyway. I was getting a little sick worrying about flying. Turns out it was all for nothing as usual. We flew out of Newark and the trip was great. On time, actually we landed early in Orlando.
    DH went to get the rental car while I went to get the luggage. It took about 10-15 minutes before any luggage started to come out and then ours came pretty quickly. I met up with DH and we were off to our car. We were using L&M again despite major problems with them in the past. But this car was brand new with just a little mileage so I knew we were going to be ok.
    In spite of all our trips to Disney I still get excited and can't believe we are really there when we are driving to Disney We stopped at the grocery store to get some drinks and snacks and then we went to PoP to check in. There was quite a line but it went very fast. At first our room wasn't ready but we asked if we could have the 4th floor and that room was ready!!! We were off to room 8463 by the pool and the big cell phone. Despite being by the pool there was no noise at all. We put an order in for our fridge and then headed out. I was able to go up and down the stairs twice, something I would not be able to do as the days went on

We headed over to the MK, they had there EMHs tonight. The crowds were not that heavy and the weather was beautiful. First we stopped for some bread pudding at the bakery. I love bread pudding and I love bananas but just not together. I would really prefer it plain but oh well. Then we headed over for Pirates, Mickey's Philharmagic and the Monster's Inc Comedy Show. It was so much better than when we saw it in November. I really enjoyed it. Then we went for some ice cream. I hate ice cream at home but I recently discovered it in Disney World and I love it. Soft vanilla with hot fudge is the best. We split one and then had another one After Wishes we headed back to the hotel and hit the sheets. I was exhausted but

Our first full day we headed to AK. If any of you have ever heard of Hoops and Yoyo from Hallmark, we bought them on the trip with us. They are a pink cat and a green rabbit that are featured in some Hallmark cards and they also have their own web site. I bought them stuffed and we took pics of them everywhere in Disney In the Ak we enjoyed Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, KS, EE and ITTBAB. WE got extra FPs for Dinosaur when we were getting passes for Primeval Whirl. Since we had just gotten off Dinosaur we gave the passes away. The good karma came around our way when a nice gentleman gave us FPs for the safari. After a longer stay than we had planned we headed right over to MGM. We had 6:10 adrs at the Brown Derby and I was starving. We checked in early and were seated and ordering at 6:10 I had a yummy and a pork chop that was delicious and DH had the grouper that he also loved. This is what he had last year and he enjoyed it just as much. MGM had their EMS tonight but we ended up doing everything we wanted. Star Tours, Muppets, GMR, had vanilla ice cream, no fudge though and ToT three times in a row. There was virtually no line until the first Fantasmic let out and then we waited for a short time. We finished everything we wanted and headed back to the hotel to do some swimming. Thanks for reading so far.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like lots of fun. That's funny about only liking ice cream in WDW. I can't wait to see the Monter's Inc Comedy show. Glad you liked it. Can't wait for the next installment! Thanks for reporting!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mrs G, May 8th & 9th

When we last left we were swimming. This was nice except we had to get out at some point. It was mighty chilly when you got out!!! All we could do was run to our room as fast as we could. I was sorry we were on the 4th floor now
    For some reason, DH let me sleep along time instead of making me get up. So we were not out of the room until the afternoon on our final full day. We headed over to Epcot. SE was closed so we headed to Soarin to get FPs. WE also ate here. I love the carrots and mashed potatoes and had that. Then we did Living with the Land. I was squished in, I should have made Dh wait for the next boat. I had to sit with my leg hanging over the side which was not at all comfortable. I still enjoyed it but there was no speaking in the greenhouses where there is supposed to be sound. After this we headed to Test Track. The sign said 50 minutes for the regular line but it really didn't look like it was that long. We went to the single rider line where there was no wait. A family in front of us wanted to stay togther but the CM held her ground and split them up. She told them you went into the line with a sign that said all groups would be split up, the father started to get nasty with her. I got a nice family to ride with. They even introduced themselves to me. After TT we did Ellen's Adventure and MS. Then we headed over to World Showcase. We decided to cancel our Adrs for Rose & Crown and go to the Earl of Sandwich later. We had some vanilla ice cream with hot fudge and whipped cream that was outstanding and I finally got my Grey Goose slushy. It was amazing. After that one we went back for the Grand Marnier slushy which was not as good as the Grey Goose.
    I enjoyed the new Gran Fiesta Tour. We actually had to wait to ride. Usually we are alone in a boat. Do I think it could have been better, yes. But I still enjoyed it. At least it made me laugh now.
    We decided not to wait for Illuminations but headed to DTD to do some shopping and get some food. I bought a few things for friends, the shops were crazy. I got my favorite sandwich and a pretzel and we went back for an early night.

The flight home was uneventful. Jet Blue is great, I highly recommend them. When the flight was over we waited to leave the plane. I wanted to see if I could get a picture of Hoops and Yoyo in the cockpit. I figured that we would not be allowed in but I was going to explain the whole thing to them about taking their pictures everywhere and asking them if they could take the picture for me. The guy I asked was so nice he just let me in the cockpit. I think he was part of the flight crew. There was another man in the cockpit on the phone and he was nice enough to get up and let me take the pictures. I got two great pics of them, one in the pilots chair and another of them on the "dashboard" in front of the window. It was great

Final thoughts:
    May is a great time to go. The crowds were very light. There was alot of smoke on the last day, Mike said from the fires. I think that if I had to breathe that in all day it would have given me a headache, I was glad we were leaving.
    I love Disney as much as ever. Pop is a great hotel, no problems there at all.
    Jet Blue always gets thumbs up. I always send a letter to compliment them after all our flights, they are that good.
    We plan on going back for the meet in October but I suggested to Mike a short trip in August just to keep us going. He said maybe when I told him the next trip is 151 days away Either way I can hardly wait and I'm going to start planning. We also talked about maybe going to Disneyland next year and not going to the World as much that year. I'm really eager to see the original one.
    Thanks for reading my reports .

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome home! It sounds like you had a great trip despite it being so short. It's been a long time since we've done the adult-only thing. I'm glad the flights went well for you too.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

What a nice time, just you and hubby! I'm looking forward to that in August. Thanks for sharing!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your report.
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Stephanie, great reports! I love Hoops and YoYo. I bet you got some great pictures. How nice that they let you in to the cockpit and everything, wow! I can't wait to try the Grey Goose slush. Yum! What a wonderful short trip!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

You covered a lot of ground in a very short time! Mini-trips can really be so much fun!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a wonderful time.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Any chance of seeing the pics?
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thanks for sharing

Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to meet you in October at the meet.
    Lanny
    Have been going to WDW since 1981
    Have a Great Day
    Health and Happiness to all Disney Freaks

Post Thanks / Like

you sure did a lot for such a short trip! Looking forward to seeing you in October at the meet!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Sound like you had a great trip.
    Taylor

been over 10 times and aint stoppin.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing your trip with us! It sounds like you had a great time. Now I can't wait for my trips!
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe that you guys have already gone and come home already! What a great trip you had... and thanks so much for the Hoops & Yoyo pics! Love those two... I even get their podcast.

Thanks for sharing! (So are you going in August?)
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

You really saw a lot of stuff already! Impressive! Glad that you found a love for ice cream! Thanks so much for the report!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

What a great trip Stephanie! I forgot to try the Grey Goose slushie!! We'll have to do that in October ! It sounds like you had a terrific holiday!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like you had a good time...you guys really did do alot in a short amount of time...
    just one thing....im so lost on this Hoops and Yoyo thing...was there a reason to taking pics of them everywhere?? or just for fun?...
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: