Quantcast Proposing in the Parks?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Proposing in the Parks?

Anyone here ever propose to your significant other (or be proposed to) in one of the Disney parks? I proposed to my DW 12 years ago, in the middle of Cinderella's Castle breezeway, across from the mosaic mural. Other guests (total strangers) were clapping and smiling. It was a great moment. I've always wondered how others may have proposed in the parks, where they chose to pop the question, and whether Disney cast members might have somehow been involved??? Anyone?

cgriff

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband proposed to me back in November of 2003. We were watching Wishes in the Rose garden outside the castle, and at the end of the show he got down on one knee and asked. I said yes and we kissed as the last fireworks went off! Everyone around us were clapping and congratulating us.... it was just so fantastic!

Needless to say, every time I see Wishes or even just hear the music I get a little misty-eyed!
    April 1990- Port Orleans
    November 1996- Off Site
    April 1998- Off Site
    November 2003- All Star Movies...
    The Engagement!

September 2006- POP Century...
    The One Year Wedding Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really hoping my BF proposes to me in MK. I've hinted about it before and he knows my WDW obsession, lol. Mabye he will catch on. It just sounds so beautiful!
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

How romantic! What a great place for a proposal. Anywhere in WDW. Unfortunately, we were poor college students at the time. I didn't get him to WDW until our honeymoon, and he was skeptical at that until we arrived. Now he knows.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I proposed to my fiancee on the beach in front of the yacht and beach club... we are actually getting married too at disney in October!!

Post Thanks / Like

My fiance proposed to me 1/06 at our resort-Coronado Springs. I debated getting married at WDW but I think we are going to get married in San Diego where we live. I did however just book our honeymoon for this December. I can't wait!
    Karen

2009 ~ Hopefully next trip!
    1/2006 ~Coronado Springs
    12/1999 ~Caribbean Beach

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 3,808.63 KM from the Magic Kingdom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I would propose on Pirates, or The Storyland Canal Boats (DL), or IASM but I would try to get a boat by myself...

I would propose if I had a girlfriend... ...
    Walt was ½ Canadian!

DL, Aug 97; DL, Jul 01; DL, Aug 05; DL, Jan 06; WDW, Oct 06; DL, Dec 06; WDW, Nov 07; DL, Dec 07; DL, Jun 08; DL, Feb 09; DLP, Apr 09; DL, Sep 09; TDL, Oct 09; DL, Jun 10; WDW, Oct, 10; WDW, May, 13; WDW, Sep 14; HKDL, Sep 15, WDW, Mar 17; WDW Jan 19.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, my exfiance proposed to me on my CP when he came to visit. He was going to wait until we had dinner at CRT on our anniversary night, but it happened 5 minutes after we got to the hotel. And DBf won't have anything to do with what my ex did, so Disney's out of the question. Hmmm, maybe I can convince him to get married there! Ha ha.
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Well, this is a little off-topic, but kind of appropriate.

My sister got married on POTC at DLR. She had figured out exactly how many people could fit on one boat. They sat in the front row, with the minister.

The wedding vows started just before the first drop. They both said "I DO" before the second drop.

Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

So romantic!!!

We saw a proposal last trip right in front of Cinderella's Castle after Wishes during the Kiss Goodnight. It was soooo sweet!!!
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

My now ex-fiancee proposed to me while I was working at Mission: Space on Christmas eve. I was out in the cast parking lot (lol) where he was picking me up, and he asked me if I wanted to go to the parks that night to see Illuminations. I said I was too tired and didn't want to go, so he did it in the cast parking lot at Epcot, lol. Needless to say, I wasn't too tired anymore so we did end up going to the park that night for the fireworks. Could have been more romantic if I hadn't been so tired, but it was still at disney! Even though we aren't together anymore, it was one of my dreams come true. We even had plans to get married there before things went downhill. He knew how much it meant to me and even though financially we were never doing very well, he had promised that no matter what, we would get married there. Oh well... cest la vie
    Former CM at Mission: Space
    ~Meredith

*We choose to go!*

Post Thanks / Like

My Sweetie proposed as we were leaving Fantasmic- and thats all I'm going to tell you!

2004-Allstar Movie
    2004-Allstar Movie
    2006-Allstar Movie- he proposed!!

2007-Allstar Movie
    2007- Allstar Music
    2008- September, December trip
    2009 June, Novemebr trip

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's very tough to read"
    M Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I proposed to my better half on our last trip. We are both pretty private people, and didn't want a big crowd, so I knew it was not going to be easy at WDW. MGM was closed after Fantasmic, and as everyone was leaving, I said I wanted to get a closer look at the hat in the dark. She said there is no way they would let us over there since everyone was having to leave, so I told her to stay put while I talked to a CM. I told him what I had planned and he said to go ahead. We walked over to the hat and I asked her (she said yes). As we walked back, the Cm who originally gave us permission asked how it went and when I told him that she accepted he congratulated us and wished us luck. I know it is not the huge romantic gesture that some people want, but it was appropriate for us and our lifestyle. Besides, since we were the only ones who got to go over there, it was a little like we were getting away with something that no one else in the park got to do, which made it all the more special.

Post Thanks / Like

My husband proposed to me in front of the castle! Afterwards we walked around and talked. I was so excited I didn't even pay attention to my surroundings. We wound up at Cosmic Rays for supper, and while there we called our family to tell them the news!

Post Thanks / Like

My DBF and I are going to the World at the end of November and I am sincerely hoping that it happens then. But, we'll see.
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

1363 miles from WDW - too far!! :-(

Post Thanks / Like

I proposed to my wife at the MK. We were actually there with my parents for MVMCP. I didn't want them to be there (they didn't know I was going to propose), nor did I want a large crowd around. Luckily, my parents wanted to do some shopping before the party was done, and so I asked my fiance if she wanted to ride the Carousel as my parents shopped. So, as we were making our way to the carousel for our ride, we walked by Cinderella's wishing well to the side of the castle. This was lucky for me because I still hadn't figured out exactly what I was going to do. I pulled her over there by the well, using the excuse that I wanted to be alone with her. I waited for a time when there weren't a lot of people walking by and proposed to her and she said yes. We met up with my parents after it happened and they were so surprised and excited. My mom kept gushing do people on the bus back to POR that we had just gotten engaged at the park.

By the way, my wife still hasn't forgiven me for missing that ride on the carousel.
    Off-Site - 86, 90, 94, 99, 01, 03, Jan 04, Jul 04, May 05, Dec 05
    96 Polynesian
    May 04, Nov 10 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 04, Apr 05, Jan 06, May 09, Oct 15 Coronado Springs
    Dec 04, Dec 13 Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct 05, Nov 07 Caribbean Beach
    Oct 12 Bay Lake Towers

Next trip - ??

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe my DH will read this and get ideas for a 25th anniversary proposal and vow renewal !

It's my 300th post!!!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

My DBF proposed to me this past Feb. during Wishes. It was perfect! No CM's were involved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mook3y View Post
    Well, this is a little off-topic, but kind of appropriate.

My sister got married on POTC at DLR. She had figured out exactly how many people could fit on one boat. They sat in the front row, with the minister.

The wedding vows started just before the first drop. They both said "I DO" before the second drop.

That's an interesting way to get married. That wedding would stand out with others.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

My DH didn't propose to me at WDW or DLR, but he did tell me that he thought of planning a trip to DLR and propose to me at POTC after the first drop. But we had to cancel our trip; so DH proposed to me at San Fransisco instread. We had our honeymoon at WDW.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: