Quantcast Tusker House Buffet Starting November 2007: Updated 9/27/07 with Menu & Detailed info - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tusker House is my favorite CS in all of WDW. I'm very upset to see it go. We had a delicious lunch there in March.

Maybe there will be plans for another CS in AK. Two to serve all of the people in there is NOT ENOUGH!

Thanks for the info.
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls
    Maybe there will be plans for another CS in AK. Two to serve all of the people in there is NOT ENOUGH!
    If plans follow through, the Yak & Yeti will bring four new Quick Service counters in Early October.

This past April, Tamu Tamu Refreshment and Drinkwallah added Quick Service items to their offerings, although it yet to been confirmed if these expansions are here to stay.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Any news on how this will effect the DDE card? I always enjoying going to lunch at AK because it was the only park where they took the DDE at counter service restaurants. If they are turning Tusker House into a buffet and opening a full service portion of the Yak and Yeti, does this spell the end for counter service discount with the DDE at AK?
    First Trip- Oct 1978 (9 months old)
    Last Trip- Everett's Summer Vacation June '10
    Next Trip- Everett's 1st Food and Wine Oct '10
    Oct 4-6
    58 trips in between

Post Thanks / Like

I am THRILLED that daisy will be at the breakfast! I cant wait to book this
    *julie*
    "a very merry unbirthday to you"
    2/86 OffSite,12/89 CBR, 3/00 OKW,5/02 POR, 2/03 BWV, 8/04 POFQ, 9/05 WL, 8/06 POR, 2/07 Wedding: BWI & GF, 5/07 YC, 7/07 AKL, 2/08 Contemp, 10/08 YC,12/08 GF, 4/09 DCL Magic/CBR, 7/09 POLY, 8/09 CSR, Next: 3/10 SSR

2/11/07: Our WDW Wedding!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    If the foods in the buffet are similar to those served at Boma, with an African Theme, it could be very good.

Time will tell!

Highly Doubtful....

See The Rusty Scrapper's Reply.
    "It's called a salute to all nations but MOSTLY America"

Been to WDW so many times, I've lost count

Visited Disneyland Paris in May 2002

Disneyland & Cali Adventure in June 2007

Hope to someday make it to Japan, China, and back to Paris for Disney Studios!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm disappointed that this went through. I guess the emails that us Intercotees sent weren't enough . I'm sure that the breakfast will be an improvement over the current one but it really doesn't make sense to get rid of the best counter service restaurant. Even if they do keep the great food that they currently serve, it will be a lot more expensive. I'm happy that I will get to eat there one last time during free dining.
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

This is the worst Disney news I've heard since they closed down AE. This was the best restaurant Disney had that was BRAGGED on a Food Network show, as being an out of the ordinary counter service. It was always full, and had the best food.

Its really disappointing. Disney has lost our money at AK, I'm pretty sure of it. We'll ride the few rides there, then leave. Disney is all about the money, and not making people happy. They already had a character meal there, why go and "fix" something thats not broken?

I am very disappointed, and if they don't serve corn chowder anywhere else in the park, we won't be eating at AK.

Hopefully Flame Tree or someone else takes over the menu, because it was great.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm disappointed that this is happening. I hadn't heard anything about it since the rumour so I had forgotten about the possibility of the change. I've witnessed changes at WDW many times, and this is a minor change in the grand scheme of things. It makes sense from a business standpoint because it adds a TS to AK that will no doubt be popular in a park that has a shortage of TS. I hope that the new buffet serves at least some of the food that is currently served at Tusker House. So long Tusker House. You've been a great place to eat for the past 9 years, and you'll be missed.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

in a lavender cottage - I mixed this color to create this wild color
    Post Thanks / Like

I too enjoyed Tusker House counter sevice( great food, for animal kingdon). I am kind of looking forward to the new character buffet here. I really didnt enjoy the other one in animal Kingdom- it was rushed and had little on the menu/buffet to eat ,( in ccmparision to other breakfast buffets by disney). I didnt care much fro the decor of the other restaurant. I did however really get into eating my chicken at the Tusker House outside and watching The African Dancer performances.. That was a blast- I do hope they keep these guys around to entertain as you eat( some where else in AK anyway). So positives and negatives to all new things- but change is always good!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    If plans follow through, the Yak & Yeti will bring four new Quick Service counters in Early October.

That means I'd hate to be anywhere near Asia around lunchtime.
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with everyone, this stinks! Tusker house's Chicken was THE BEST, counterservice meal in WDW! I don't guess there's much hope of them keeping it around for the buffet? It would be nice if they were to somehow make it available as an outside counter service option.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

TiggerRPh Guest

I'm going to hold off until I eat there and see it....it might be pretty good folks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFan View Post
    I have to agree with everyone, this stinks! Tusker house's Chicken was THE BEST, counterservice meal in WDW! I don't guess there's much hope of them keeping it around for the buffet? It would be nice if they were to somehow make it available as an outside counter service option.
    Why do you assume that? If Disney thinks the chicken will draw people to the buffet, it'll be there. I've got to say, I'm not a big buffet person, but Disney's buffets are really good! They're much better in quality and choice than most other buffets.

With the new CS option, I think this is a very good move for Disney, I always thought the location lent itself to a sitdown or buffet. I for one am definitely looking forward to it.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

I am sort of dissapionted. First of all I loved the Tusker House's counter service food so I will miss that. I also love Donald's Breakfastosaurus and I am sad to see it go. I hope Donald's Safari Breakfast will be good. As for the lunch/dinner buffet, the food better have great quality.
    Trips
    May 1996 - Polynesian Resort
    November 1999 - Polynesian Resort
    November 2003 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    January 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside
    June 2006 - OS
    January 2007 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    January 2007 - Disney Cruise Line
    January 2008 - Pop Century
    January 2009 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Several posters have complained that AK will have only 2 counter service locations.

1) Pizzafari
    2) Flame Tree
    3) Restarantosaurus
    4) Yak & Yeti (opening about the same time as Tusker House reopens)
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jedigrrrl View Post
    Highly Doubtful....

See The Rusty Scrapper's Reply.
    While the current dining trend at WDW may justify some pessimism, what I've read about what the Yak N Yeti will offer gives me some hope that the new Tusker House will also offer some unique food items that fit the theme.
    KUNGALOOSH FOREVER!!

"Will you stop this foolishness!!"
    "What kind of foolishness would you like to see?"

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Reply to Tusker House change from Counter Service to Buffet

Quite frankly, I hate the fact Disney is turning Tusker House into a buffet. While I would agree it could use a bit of a facelift, my family and friends love the current offerings Tusker House provides.

Tusker House is one of the best places to eat in Animal Kingdom, and very affordable. They have a wonderful selection to choose from, which is sure to please almost anyone. Even though my family has been staying at WDW each year since 2000, we first discovered this restaurant about two years ago after seeing a special about AK on the Travel Channel. We enjoy eating at TH and was already on our agenda for this September. We are truly disheartened about this change to a buffet.

To me and my family, buffet means about $20 or so per person. Other than snacks, there are few places in AK to get a decent meal. Additionally, AK tends to be one of the most hot and humid parks due to all the foliage. Who wants to eat a heavy buffet meal in the middle of the day like that? Other than the ol’ mighty dollar, what is WDW thinking???

Please don’t change Tusker House. Give it a face lift and think of the consumer!

Maybe if enough of us write in, we can at the very least, get them thinking.

K Hund

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by knhund View Post
    [ Other than the ol’ mighty dollar, what is WDW thinking???[/FONT][/SIZE]

Please don’t change Tusker House. Give it a face lift and think of the consumer!
    [
    I'm sorry to say that Disney IS thinking of the consumer by thinking of the almighty dollar. WDW has tried to offer new "fast food" services, but they have all failed financially. Look at the Noodle Station in MK, or the food court in the Land. They have never, and will never fare as well as Cosmic Ray's and the Electric Umbrella.

Now, what will become of the Tusker House? We don't know. But I do know that if the Tusker House was a financial success, they will find a way to incorporate those menu items elsewhere. If they weren't, they won't. They don't take away your favorite restaurants and rides just to make you mad...they do it for sound financial reasons.

Personally, I hope a limited version of the Tusker House menu will be seen at Tamu Tamu. And I hope Restaurantosaurus becomes more then an overpriced McDonalds.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Boo!!!

This is VERY unfortunate. I totally disagree that turning the Tusker House into a buffet is a good idea. Don't get me wrong, Disney has great buffets and I do enjoy them, just NOT for every meal! The Tusker House had the best counter service in all of WDW. It was a nice, cool, shady place to eat healthy food and still feel like an adult. Character meals are fun once or twice a trip but they get old really fast, especially when you are traveling without children. Not to mention these character meals are a time consuming "expereince." I know that's what they are supposed to be, however there are days I would rather just eat light and enjoy the park. Personally, if Disney wants another buffet in AK, they should just go and build one; or renovate Restrauntosarus to accomdate their needs. Leave Tusker House alone! If its not broke, don't fix it!
    "One little spark of inspiration..."

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely looking forward to trying this. It seems as if the food and character interaction will be top notch!
    CBR - 8/02
    GF-7/03
    POR - 12/03
    AS Movies - 5/05
    PC- 7/06
    July 2007--A day at Downtown Disney and the Magic Kingdom!
    CBR--7/09
    AKL/Kidani Village-7/13
    CBR--7/15
    Beach Club--7/17

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: