Quantcast Odds of meeting the Dream Team?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Odds of meeting the Dream Team?

Does anyone know the odds of running into the Dream Team? We will be going in 10 days. I would really love for my parents to get something from the Dream Team. My mother has been a mouse fanatic since Annette Funicello. I think it would be so cool for her to get something. How often are they out and about?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know the odds, but we were there 9 days in December, and twice won prizes. We got the pins getting on WDWRR and the fastpasses getting on Tower of Terror! I love those guys!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea what the odds are or how often they are out and about, but wouldn't it be wonderful? I think the best bet is to just go and enjoy the trip, and if something happens- fabulous! And if not, you're still at WDW!

You could always surprise Mom with a special treat (something she would never get for herself, embroidered mouse ears maybe?) and say you're her own personal dream team.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Just spent 6 days, saw them a few times, didn't get picked, not a big deal, still had a great time.
    First Trip: 1990 Fort Wilderness Campground
    1990-2006: Annual Pass Holder
    2002: Spring WDW College Program
    2005: First Disneyland Trip
    2007: Double Tree Suites DTD
    Engagement Trip
    11/6/2007 - 11/13/09 Regal Sun Resort DTD
    Next Trip
    Honeymoon
    9/1/09 - 9/10/09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't make it a point of emphasis with them. I've been for a total of about 20 days since they started the celebration and I've only won one thing (admittedly, it was a big thing ).

More importantly, other than the time I won, I've never even seen them giving out prizes. I'd say the odds are better than 75% than you go your entire vacation and never know they're around.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

So what are the prizes?

Post Thanks / Like

I work with a man whose family went for a 5 days and won twice. Once was a pretty good package - something to do with Epcot, a dinner and other events. The other was a lanyard with pins. Not bad for their first visit to Disney. We will be there for 16 nights in Dec. Wonder if we will be at all lucky winners?
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

I was there in December for 7 days and didn't even SEE a Dream Team. I saw lots of people with the prize Mickey Ears hats, but never the team. By day 7, I was a little upset that I hadn't even seen someone get a prize to see their reaction.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Default dream team encounter

We did run into dream team members, but they weren't giving prizes out. One DT CM at AK was from Texas and we had a nice chat with him whilst the boys were checking out his trading pins. He was pleasant; he did say that a number of times the "prize" offered was declined! I guess some guests aren't familiar with YOAMD. We often saw large groups of people in front of us magically suddenly have dream FPs around their necks, but I guess we were not paying attention, because we never saw the DT CMs coming. I felt like we must have "just missed out" at least a few times!

I'll admit, I was kind of disappointed (just a little bit, and I kept it to myself) that after 6 days in the park, we didn't win anything... which is silly and selfish, given that our trip was positively magical from start to finish. I'm human, what can I say. Anyway, lo and behold, on our last night at the park, we were walking out of AK and my son stopped a CM to see her pins. She didn't have the pins he was hoping for, but she thought it was nice that he was so polite, and gave him a card with YOAMD pins (one to keep, one to trade)...he shared with his brother. So, we got our dream afterall!
    I'm just a little black rain cloud...

Post Thanks / Like

I have won twice on 2 different trips. Both times I won the YOMD mickey hat. The first I was in DTD and approached by the EPCOT dream team. The second I was getting off the Safari ride when the whole ride car got ears.
    I would love the fast pass prize, it would fit better in my scrap book than the ears, but haven't gotten it yet. I still have 2 more trips this year to get something different maybe.
    BRENDA

Been to the land of happiness more times than I can count and still going.

Post Thanks / Like

How long is the YOAMD going on? Im under the impression it will be over in October when I go.
    Scotty Bear

Dec 1989 - Offsite (Kissimmee)
    Dec 1992 - Offsite (LBV)
    Dec 1993 - Offsite (LBV)
    Dec 1995 - Offsite (LBV)
    Dec 1996 - Offsite (LBV)
    Dec 1999 - Offsite (Orlando) / School Trip - Candlelight Processional
    Oct 2007 - All Star Movies / Honeymoon!

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

I think your chances are pretty good of getting something. While I'm sure there are those who go home with out a Dream Team experience, others get lucky and are in the right place more than once. My DD and I were getting on the train at Toon Town Fair and received pins and lanyards. My DH and DS were in the Library at ToT and the whole room received Dream Passes for MGM all in the same trip. Just go knowing it is random and don't let yourself be too disappointed if you don't see them.

I don't know if YOAMD ends at the end of Sept or the end of Oct. If it is just a year, it will end at the end of Sept. Sometimes promotional years end in Dec and are actually 15 months. Maybe a CM will know this.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to agree with WDWacky. We've been to WDW twice since YOAMD started, and have never seen anyone win anything, nor have we even seen anyone from the Dream Team. My advice is to not think about it when you're there. You will enjoy your trip a lot more if you don't. If you do happen to win a prize, then it will be even more magical when it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

YOAMD started October 1, 2006 and go through December 31, 2007.
    May & Oct 2015
    Dec 2014 Oct 2013
    Oct 2012 Dec 2011 Oct 2010
    Apr & Nov 2009
    May & Oct 2008
    Oct 2007 Oct 2006 Oct 2005
    Mar & Oct 2004
    Oct 2003
    Feb & Oct 2002
    Sep 2000 Dec 1999 Oct 1998 Sep 1997

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattlovesSteph View Post
    Id go with the same odds of getting a foul ball at a Major League Baseball game, but im leaving in 2 days for my vaca and no doubt would enjoy getting one of the prizes.
    I caught a foul ball opening day 2004....so maybe I'll get lucky in June!

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back late last night from 6 days. I don't know about the odds, but I saw lots of Dream Team cast members out and about. We were greeted by someone from the Dream Team one afternoon in Liberty Square - after chatting a bit and having him ask us a few questions, we received stickers (I thought we were perhaps being profiled) and then yesterday the Dream Team was on the queue at Buzz Lightyear and handed out lanyards with commemorative pins.

Coming up! WL Villas, August 2 - 9 2013

WL Villas Aug 9-16, 2010
    POR Aug 4-11, 2008
    POR Aug 22-29, 2007
    POR May 4-9, 2007
    POR - May 2006
    POFQ - Dec 2005
    POR - May 2005
    POFQ - May 2004
    OKW - May 2003
    AKL - May 2001
    CBR Annually 1995-1997

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking you might "see" them, but having them give you a prize is much longer odds.

And if you do see them, don't get the idea of following them around...that'd be a waste of your time.

BTW, does anyone know if they've given the DVC prize out yet? THAT would be a nice one!

Post Thanks / Like

1) They hand out over 2700 prizes per day.
    2) There are some prime spots to catch them.
    3) Overall, it is still just chance.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

I would NEVER approach the team in hopes of getting something.
    My husband caught a foul ball at a Braves' game once so there is hope. We've been to DW a lot more than we've been to Braves' games.

Post Thanks / Like

When we were there in December, we saw the Dream Team lots of times, and we were lucky enough to win a dream fast pass at the TT. Lots of times we saw the Dream Team just wandering around just talking with guests. In fact, my DD had her Cinderella costume on one day and a Dream Team member stopped her for an autograph. All of the dream team members were wearing light blue shirts and khaki pants. Good luck!
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: