Quantcast Spring Fling April 20-29, 2007 Final Thoughts

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Spring Fling April 20-29, 2007 Final Thoughts

Me: Jennifer (Galactic Hero -- 37yr old in a 60yr old body with a 12yr old approach!)
    DH: Brian (39) – my partner in crime for 14 married years (on Apr 17) and numerous WDW adventures!
    DS8: Harry – seasoned WDW veteran, lover of the shooting gallery and arcades – usually patient and accommodating older sibling.
    DS3: Euan – knows his way around the parks – fan of Splash, Test Track, TTA and Spaceship Earth. “If he’s not running; he’s asleep!”

Final thoughts

Buffalo – There is no other way to fly to Orlando from Toronto. Painless and cheap. We’re doing it again in October.

Summer vs. the rest of the year – All things considered, I prefer the summer. The parks are open longer, which is more conducive to our method of touring. We like to go in the morning, return to the resort in the afternoon, then go in the evening.

Crowds – I don’t know that there is a slow time at WDW any more. We were down the first week of January, and for this trip at the end of April. I found the parks “summertime” crowded during each visit. If I have to deal with the crowds, at least give me the extended park hours!

Ranger Status – I wasn’t able to reprise my Galactic Hero game on Buzz. Do I retain my current status, or will I be demoted?

Fantasmic – The Fantasmic dinner package is brilliant and worth the money. We truly enjoyed our meal at Hollywood and Vine, and the limited waiting for perfectly good seats was a Godsend!

MGM – One of my favourite things about this trip was watching how much Harry enjoyed the street performances at MGM. He didn’t need to be a part of them, but he sure liked being up close to the action!

Hotels – Yes, we still love the POFQ, and we enjoyed our All Star Sports stay in January….but I think that we will be aiming for one trip per year at one of the Epcot resorts going forward. I loved the strolling about that was made so easy by their proximity to Epcot and MGM.

Special Friends -- When we got into our room, there was a lovely bag full of goodies (which we ate all week) and some Happy Anniversary balloons sent by HndrdPrcnt (John) and his family. It was a beautiful surprise!

Intercot Meets – I recommend trying to attend a little meet with another Intercottee when you can. It is wonderful to put faces to names, and to enjoy one of your favourite places with others who feel the same way. You never know the friendships you might discover!

California Grill – Everyone should go at least once. The view alone is worth the cost of the meal. Good company makes it even better!

Even with the illness at the end of our holiday, we had a terrific time! It was lovely to see Pogo and Patti and to get to spend time with them, and our other Intercot friends. We did not get to spend nearly enough time over at Epcot as we lost a couple of days…. And we ended up spending far too much time at the AK! We will have to rectify this situation with another trip!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I thoroughly enjoyed all of your reports! I'm sorry we missed you by only a day.......we left on the 20th from Orlando and flew out of Tampa on the 21st. I'm so glad you had a great trip and got to meet some Intercotees! Sorry Brian got sick but it sounds like you made the best of it. Thanks again for the reports
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

pogo Guest

Cousin........ I really enjoyed your trip reports more this time than any others from your past because now I know how lovely you, Brian, Harry and Euan are. You are one great family !

I'm so glad we have become friends (not just cyber friends) and I look forward to seeing you guys again very soon.

Thanks for being you and thanks for sharing your reports with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Bear with me folks! I am in process of uploading all of our pictures. I have some of them done, so please check out this link for the pictures.

I hope to have the rest of them done soon!

Thanks for reading our trip reorts. I am glad that you all are enjoying them as much as we did making our trip memories.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I LOVED your pictures......get moving on the rest, would you? Thanks so much for sharing them!!!! I think you got a lot of the garden festival shots I should have gotten!
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful reports and wonderful pictures! BUT.. I didn't see a Stitch photo in there..
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Wonderful reports and wonderful pictures! BUT.. I didn't see a Stitch photo in there..
    He is coming! I am still uploading pictures as we speak!
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't gotten to the pictures yet, but I wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed reading your family's trip reports. It sounds like a few of the old and a bunch of the new were conquered on this trip!

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful memories with us!!!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the wrap - up, Good tips! I truly enjoyed reading all about your wonderful vacation!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

A wonderful vacation. Thanks for taking the time to put it all together and share your thoughts about the trip. It really was a joy reading them, and your pictures are great!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Your trip does sound as though it was a mixed bag! Glad you still enjoyed it!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice trip reports. Thank you Brian and Jenn! It's too bad Brian got sick for part of it, but it looks like you guys all had a great time.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for the reports & pictures, guys... your boys are too cute! Now I just need a good family shot to look at so I'll recognize you all in October... Glad you had such a fun time, even with the flu bug Brian got... your boys looked like they had the best time!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Jen, I have read every day of your trip but I got impatient waiting for the "post reply" page to come up b/c I couldn't wait to read the next day! So here is my all in one reply!

I am sorry that you had to cancel/miss some of your ADRs! That stinks, but at least you have the chance to catch them again in October!

I am so sorry that Brian got sick...I guess the only thing to be grateful for is that it was at the END of the trip and not the entire duration???

That is great you got to meet so many I-COT friends! How nice! And it sounds like you had a nice balance between park time and R&R down time!

Glad your travel was safe and uneventful. I imagine seeing Niagra Falls in the air was breathtaking!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

im glad you and your family had a great time in disney..besides a few missed ADRs and an illness..cant wait to hear for oct to hear about your next trip!! thank you so much for sharing your trip with us!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for taking us along on your trip Jenn! Despite Brian's illness and a few missed ADRs it seems like everything was wonderful. I like how you just took things easy when you had to and did the parks at your own pace. Looks like you really got to enjoy your resort as well. I'm glad you had a fun time with all the Intercotees. I think the coolest thing was when you were on the TTA and spotted your son, that is amazing!!!!!
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Jenn -

As always, great trip reports! Thanks for taking us all on your trip with you! I am so glad that the goodie bag got to your room and that it provided you with some eats for the room...and now you have a lovely tote bag (we got the same one delivered to us on our trip and it became Jen's hospital bag when I was there for my surgery - a way to keep a Disney smile on our faces!)

I am looking forward to our meet in '08!!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your report.
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed reading all your trip reports and pictures. Despite Brian getting sick, it sounds like you had a wonderful time.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: