Quantcast Paris Hilton Going to Jail for 45 Days [Merged Threads]

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Paris Hilton Going to Jail for 45 Days [Merged Threads]

Finally! I feel kind of ashamed to admit it, but reading this story made me happy. Celebrities get away with so much illegal activity that normal folks are slammed for- Drinking and driving, drug use, etc. Why should they get out of serving time just because they can afford to pay their way through everything in life?

Paris Hilton Going to Jail for 45 Days

May 4, 11:00 PM (ET)

By SANDY COHEN

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A judge sentenced Paris Hilton to 45 days in county jail Friday for violating her probation, putting the brakes on the hotel heiress' famous high life.

Hilton, who parlayed her name and relentless partying into worldwide notoriety, must go to jail by June 5 and she will not be allowed any work release, furloughs, use of an alternative jail or electronic monitoring in lieu of jail, Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer ruled after a hearing.

The judge, saying "there's no doubt she knew her license had been suspended," ruled that she was in violation of the terms of her probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case.

"I'm very sorry and from now on I'm going to pay complete attention to everything. I'm sorry and I did not do it on purpose at all," she told the judge before he announced the sentence.

She was then ordered to report to a women's jail in suburban Lynwood by the set date or face 90 days behind bars. The judge's ruling excluded her from paying to serve time in a jail of her choice, as some are allowed.

Hilton was among a series of witnesses who took the stand during the hearing. She testified she believed her license was initially suspended for 30 days and that she was allowed to drive for work purposes during the next 90 days.

She said that when an officer who stopped her in January made her sign a document stating her license was suspended, she thought he was mistaken and did not actually look at the document.

Also called to the stand was Hilton's spokesman, Elliot Mintz. Hilton and her attorneys characterized Mintz as a liaison between Hilton and her lawyers.

Mintz testified that to his knowledge Hilton did not drive during the 30-day period. He said he then advised her that he believed her license was no longer suspended.

The judge called Mintz's testimony worthless and expressed disbelief at Hilton's lawyers.

"I can't believe that either attorney did not tell her that the suspension had been upheld," the judge said. "She wanted to disregard everything that was said and continue to drive no matter what."

Hilton's parents, Kathy and Rick, attended the hearing, holding hands throughout the proceedings. Both wore black suits. Kathy Hilton's beige, $3,000-plus Hermes bag sat on the floor by her side.

Reporters filled most of the 64-seat courtroom. Two sketch artists sat in the otherwise empty jury box.

When the judge announced Hilton's sentence, the reporters in attendance jumped up to leave until a bailiff snapped, "Sit down." Cell phones and other electronic devices were not allowed in the courtroom.

As a city prosecutor said during closing arguments that Hilton deserved jail time, Hilton's mother, Kathy, laughed. When the judge ruled, Kathy Hilton then blurted out: "May I have your autograph?"

Paris Hilton looked forward and didn't speak to news media as she left court. Her mother looked upset.

When a reporter asked what she thought of the judge's decision, a visibly angry Kathy Hilton responded: "What do you think? This is pathetic and disgusting, a waste of taxpayer money with all this nonsense. This is a joke."

Defense attorney Howard Weitzman said he would appeal.

"I'm shocked, I'm surprised and really disheartened in the system that I've worked in for close to 40 years," Weitzman said.

He said the sentence was "uncalled for, inappropriate and bordered on the ludicrous."

"I think she's singled out because of who she is," Weitzman said.

City attorney spokesman Nick Velasquez said late Friday that the judge's ruling "sends a clear message that in the city of Los Angeles, no one is above the law."

"She violated the law and appropriate action was taken," he said.

Hilton had arrived at the Metropolitan Courthouse 10 minutes late and ignored screams of photographers as she swept in with her attorneys, mother and father. Wearing a gray jacket and white shirt over black slacks and with a black headband on, she said nothing and appeared serious.

The celebrity case brought an unusual scene to the austere courthouse south of downtown in a commercial area. As if at a red carpet event, dozens of photographers and reporters lined up at the rear entrance. Yellow police tape substituted for velvet ropes.

Hilton, 26, pleaded no contest in January to reckless driving stemming from a Sept. 7 arrest in Hollywood. Police said she appeared intoxicated and failed a field sobriety test. She had a blood-alcohol level of .08 percent, the level at which an adult driver is in violation of the law.

She was sentenced to 36 months probation, alcohol education and $1,500 in fines.

Two other traffic stops and failure to enroll in a mandated alcohol education program, are what landed the socialite back in court.

On Jan. 15, Hilton was pulled over by California Highway Patrol. Officers informed her that she was driving on a suspended license and she signed a document acknowledging that she was not to drive, according to papers filed in Superior Court.

Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies stopped Hilton on Feb. 27 and charged her with violating her probation. Police said she was pulled over at about 11 p.m. after authorities saw the car speeding with its headlights off.

Mintz said at the time Hilton wasn't aware her license was suspended. A copy of the document Hilton signed on Jan. 15 was found in the car's glove compartment, court papers say.

Hilton was also required to enroll in an alcohol education program by Feb. 12. As of April 17, she had not enrolled, prosecutors said.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

One word.

GOOD
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant View Post
    One word.

GOOD
    Ditto ...shes so shallow and is famous for what exactly ????

Lets hope she takes Victoria Beckham with her

Post Thanks / Like

My guess is she won't end up serving much, if any, time. LA prisons are overcrowded and a lot of offenders end up getting out early. Michelle Rodriguez from Lost was up for similar (if not more serious) violations and she ended up serving one day on a longer sentence than Paris's before her release.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    My guess is she won't end up serving much, if any, time. LA prisons are overcrowded and a lot of offenders end up getting out early. Michelle Rodriguez from Lost was up for similar (if not more serious) violations and she ended up serving one day on a longer sentence than Paris's before her release.
    Time will tell. I'm sure they will appeal, but this judge seems dead set on having her do time. I hope she does. It will send a message.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I was happy to see that she had to serve time. Let her be treated like a normal citizen. I guess she wasnt so into doing her famous paris hilton poses when she was walking into the court room was she? I applaud the court for sticking it to her- she is one person that always feels like she is above the law. Its about time someone gave her something to worry about.
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Lock her up and throw away the key....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Lock her up and throw away the key....
    I agree with this but she'll wind up getting out of it. Money talks.
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like

While I agree that celebrities get away with too much, this judge seemed to be consumed with making an example out of Paris. He could have just as easily given her home arrest with an ankle braclet. The reports I heard, the judge was making a lot of jokes in the courtroom. Everyone wants their moment in the spotlight, including some of these judges.*

*See Anna Nicole Smith Trial.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite part is when she said "I didn't do it on purpose."

If that is true she is a bigger idiot than I thought she was.

Send her to jail. I am tired of celebs getting special treatment.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    While I agree that celebrities get away with too much, this judge seemed to be consumed with making an example out of Paris.
    One could also make this arguement in reverse--that Paris Hilton, like so many others, use their celebrity status to try and evade prosecution or its consequences. In this case it came back to bite her.

I don't think the judge was being too harsh. Paris Hilton is a grown woman who needs to take responsibility for the decisions she makes and not blame those around her. I mean, for Pete's sake--she had someone acting as a liason between her lawyers and herself? Aren't your lawyers supposed to be your liason?
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

The biggest question in my mind is ... who cares?

The national fascination with useless pustules like Paris Hilton and Anna Nicole Smith (not to speak ill of the dead) is something I will never understand.

Why Americans pay so much attention to people who have never done one productive or positive thing in their lives is just baffling.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default One Word...HA!

Sorry if that was rude towards Paris but she knew full well what she was doing. There is no way that you would not know what you can and cannot do. Take me for instance...I can't run a marathon..so thus I do not try and do it because it could cause probems..I.E and heart attack. E! television is all over this and ugh it's really sad. She had that little impromtu "press conferance" outside of her house and what not and she was saying that it was unfair and cruel? and that she did not deserve this....? She also said that she is blaming her publisist for the "misinformation" that she thought she could drive. So then she fired him. Gee all those years of covering up for her and her misadventures really got him job security. Also after this teary eyed press confrence she went to a trendy Hollywood resteraunt and had lunch and then went shopping after that... Dont you feel sorry for her?

Dean
    Twitter = DVC5571

Apr 04--First trip ever--30th Birthday Present
    Dec 05--Off Site (Honeymoon)
    Oct 07-- On Stie POP
    Feb 09-- Off Site -AK day trip
    Sept 10 -- Onsite -Coronodo Springs

Member of the Tommorowland Metro-Retro Historical Society

Post Thanks / Like

I for one do not feel sorry for her.I think that should teach her a lesson but will it really teach her anything? SHe thinks that she shouldnt get any jail time, why because u have $$ snd are famous? Wrong girl u do the crime u do the time..
    Me and Goofy r Goofie for each other !!!!!
    first visit 1978,1981,84,88,96,97,99,2000,02(honeymoon),04,09, looking 4 the next trip in 13! o the pain of the wait!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still not sure WHY she's so famous other than the fact that she's got Daddy's money.

Unfortunately I don't see her serving any time but it sure would be nice if she did and not in "camp cupcake" either. But alas...she can buy her way out just fine.

She's one of those who needs to spend about 4 years in the military to get straightened out. 45 days...She'll be right back to all her rotten habits.

Daddy must be so proud. Something's really wrong because I know what MY Dad would do to me.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stich8818 View Post
    Also after this teary eyed press confrence she went to a trendy Hollywood resteraunt and had lunch and then went shopping after that... Dont you feel sorry for her?
    Well, of course she had to go shopping. She needed to find a new handbag and accessories to match her new orange jumpsuit! Because you know, orange is the new pink! Enjoy your time in jail, Paris Dear.
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thrillme View Post
    I'm still not sure WHY she's so famous other than the fact that she's got Daddy's money.
    Did ya forget about her awesome CD she made and the best reality show ever with Nicole Richie.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Ive now read that she's begging Arnie to let her off !!! And getting people to sign a petition !!

For the cheek of it they should double her sentence !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I was ELATED to hear that no talent slob is finally getting her day!!!! She is so shallow and looks down her hook nose at everyone and anyone that doesn't have the silver spoon implanted in their mouths like she does. That is all I'm going to say, as this is a family site.
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Post Thanks / Like

I too am delighted. I am so fed up of these spoiled little rich kids getting away with everything. For some treason they are role models and they need to set a good example. Between Britney, Lindsay and Paris they have managed to prove that just because you have money does not mean that you have class!
    Now there is a pic of Paris DRIVING AGAIN this past weekend..what is her excuse now? If she gets a pardon I will be disgusted. She has violated her probation again..she should go straight to jail..that is what would happen to any of us!
    michelle

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: