Quantcast Annual Passholders- win a sneak peak of the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage! - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PolyGirl40 View Post
    Thanks for all of the detailed reports!

I cannot wait to ride next month.

Ditto that! I'm really getting excited to ride this!
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved reading all of the reports and I look forward to more!

September is just too far away!!
    Niki aka Lucille

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted - Mae West

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    Thanks to 2Epcot (aka Chris) I got to experience the Subs today ... and thanks to a CM on Wednesday I got to ride at 9am when there was no body waiting in line!
    You're welcome it was great meeting you Michael, and being able to take you on the sub.

I would also like to thank a great CM who let me on a second time later in the afternoon on Wednesday, as he did a few other AP holders who wanted to ride. It's been so long since I've ridden the old subs, I had forgotten a lot of things about how the attraction used to be. The new version has so many little things to see, you just want to keep going back.

The seating can be a little cramped depending on the size of the adults. When I rode the second time I was next to a large person, but luckily our row had two extra seats, and we were able to spread out a little bit.

I found the ride amazing. I love all the details. I can only imagine how much work Imagineering spent on just designing the way the bubbles look from the sub. I thought those were great, especially when mixed with lighting elements outside the sub. Visually you feel like you are going deep under the ocean.

I thought the animation blended so well with the live elements, that in many cases you could not distinguish them. How Imagineering synchronizes so many elements always amazes and fascinates me. I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't ridden yet, but as someone already mentioned, the lava was great ... I am still not sure how it was done after seeing it the second time. I also loved the jellyfish scene in the attraction.

I actually had to give up some work to go see it, so it actually cost me a bit of money to attend the preview, but it was certainly worth it. When I'm back at the park in two weeks with my niece and nephew standing in the very long line, I can tell them it is worth the wait. Great job to all the Imagineers who brought the subs back to Disneyland in such a grand way.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Great reports.

There was a soft opening today. The line at 10:20 was an hour. I TOTALLY wished I could have done it but I just couldn't. Had my baby with me, it was HOT already, and the line was in the direct sun. Plus, I had to be leaving in about an hour, so knew I would cut it too close if I got in the line.

Strangely enough, a LOT of people just passed on by, even when they found out the ride was open. And I mean, a LOT. I got off the monorail and pretty much watched the whole train of people ahead of me just walk on by.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Strangely enough, a LOT of people just passed on by, even when they found out the ride was open. And I mean, a LOT. I got off the monorail and pretty much watched the whole train of people ahead of me just walk on by.
    I think perhaps a lot of the early guests today might have thought that the attraction was still only doing a limited preview, but as word of mouth has spread about the soft opening today the lines did start to form later in the day.

I think we're also waiting to see a bit just what sort of wait people are going to be willing to tolerate- perhaps some guests figure that if the line is past say 90 minutes they can check back later in the hopes that the line would get shorter later in the day but with the submarines that's not really going to be the case (Credit goes to the CMs that have been doing a nice job of cycling people onto the attraction as efficiently as possible).

At least having fastpass on other attractions allows people to in essence be in two lines at once, although this will definitely adjust park dynamics as people rush off to grab fastpasses for something like space mountain to hold onto while they wait out their time in the queue for the submarines so across the park there is going to be an effect on all attractions and how people will approach their touring plans for the day.

At this point- roughly 8:30 pm today, they've started to taper off and hold access to the queue to ensure that all of the guests that are currently in the queue at this moment will have an opportunity to ride the attraction this evening.

Post Thanks / Like

It is so nice to read all of the positive feedback and words of appreciation for Imagineering- we definitely should also recognize the collaboration and contributions from our colleagues at Pixar and certainly the dedication of everyone from management to our guests who all fought for the return of the submarines.

What I love about having the submarines back is the energy it brings back to this part of Tomorrowland and then the visual impact you get from seeing those submarines travel through the lagoon (and it will be enhanced further when the new Mark VII monorails make their appearance in the coming future).

It is personally rewarding as part of the submarine team to help bring back an attraction which a lot of people have fond memories of and now being able to extend and share that magical, only at Disney experience with a new generation, while still mainting respect for the original.

One of the minor details I love about the new show for the submarines is the playing of an instrumental version of Beyond the Sea as you're returning to the dock- makes me think of some of those great past attractions in Tomorrowland with their jazzy soundtracks as you would walk down the exit queue. Even though the subs now feature a lot of impressive new technology, the entire ride feels like an instant classic that should continue to delight guests for many years to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Mufasa, I would like to personally thank you and ALL the Imagineers and everyone who was responsible for this ride coming back! I'm sure it must be such a "warm and fuzzy" feeling to see people all hyped up about something you all worked so hard on for SUCH a long time. I imagine the rewards of your job are very much worth the work you put in.

I agree that the Lagoon looks gorgeous, and those bright yellow submarines are way cool! I rode Monorail Red into Tomorrowland this morning and was just so happy to finally be able to SEE the lagoon, without construction walls, and actually filled with water AND submarines.

I seriously can NOT wait to ride this, but it's going to be very tough for me to do so with these long lines. I'm playing "single mom" (until my DH returns from his current military assignment) to my two boys (almost 3 and 1) and the three year old is autistic, but he LOVES fish and ocean life, so I can't wait to get him on it.

I am going to try with the little one again next week sometime. Hopefully, we'll get on!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bday with Nemo!

Greetings to all,

Just a note to say thanks to those that made my birthday visit to DLR a very memorable one. Getting a chance to go on Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage three times made it so worth it.

Thank you to Mel & her great boys, Mr M, Mr B, and the amazing cast members and imagineers who made it all possible.

The attraction is amazing. I want to go on it again tomorrow, but unfortunately live in Phoenix.

A special thanks goes out to Taryn who was the sweet cast member working the Monorail queue. She definitely provided an excellent magical moment.

Nemo rocks! Can't wait until my next visit. Just have to figure out when that will be.

Post Thanks / Like

What have the lines been like this week? I've seen photos and people saying 4+ hours.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PolyGirl40 View Post
    What have the lines been like this week? I've seen photos and people saying 4+ hours.
    I think we will still just have to wait and see just what the wait times will average out to be, especially with a weekend crowd (and since school is still in session for most of the SoCal area kids until this Friday).

Yesterday, the average wait through most of the day I would estimate to be probably around 2 hours.

Most of the time the line only got out to the old motor boat cruise loading area, where at the longest on Monday it was well past the IASW plaza and doubled back along the Fantasyland walkway almost to where the teacups are at the very worst of what I observed.

I've heard some feedback from people waiting in the lines that at least the queue for the most part is constantly moving while you're waiting. It definitely looks a lot worse that it is in reality (although to see all those people lined up in the switchbacks can be very scary) but the CMs do a great job of monitoring the line for line cutters and I think having the additional ODV snack carts and options nearby have helped. Still, it hasn't been as warm as it could be later this summer.

They operated the subs right at opening and as part of early entry but by park closing even with the promise of keeping the subs open up to an additional 2.5 hours it hasn't been necessary to do that just yet. I think on Monday the last guests in line boarded around 1:30am and yesterday by park closing the wait was about an hour to cycle the last guests through if you're willing to stay up that late to get on the subs- it might be different for a Friday or Saturday evening with people more willing to stay up late if they're not having to head to work the next day.

The next few days probably won't be as good of an indication of what to expect with the park scheduled to close early for grad nights.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: