Quantcast Tinkerfreaks trip report day 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tinkerfreaks trip report day 3

We got up early this morning and grabbed something to eat from the concierge lounge and I had my nice big delicious latte. Man I love that machine I am such a coffee nut that it really helps get me started in the morning.
    We went to the bus stop and what a deal the bus for MK was just pulling up. On the way there we sat next to a couple from England who were visiting with their daughter who has downsyndrome (sp). She was so excited that she could barely sit still, it was such a joy to see her enthusiasm and it got me even more excited to get there. She and I were watching for that first glimps of the castle and when we finally saw it we were both smiling from ear to ear. She was clapping her hands and almost crying and I loved it. Her parents thanked me when we got off the bus for chatting with her adding to her excitement. Her mom said that most people feel uncomfortable around her so just look away from her or ignore her when she tries to talk to them. I was happy to talk to her and I was enjoying her excitement so much. After the crowds from Epcot and MGM the day before we were expecting the MK to be mobbed the minute it opened but we were pleasantly surprised to get to the bag check station and there was hardly a line. We entered the MK and took it all in, we strolled down the street and looked in all the shops on the right hand side without having the kids hurrying us. We did Buzz Lightyear, TTA, SW, MP 3d show, IASM, HM, and for the first time we did the Hall of Presidents. We did all this in a couple of hours and had a relaxing morning. I had called dining when we first entered the park to see what was available for a sit down lunch and I got Tony's Square for 12:05. By around 11:15 it was starting to fill up a bit so we decided to shop on the other side of Maine St. and then have lunch. We again took our time shopping and we really enjoyed our lunch. It was our first time eating there and it was really good and the service was so fast we were in and out from check-in to out the door in 45 minutes at the most. We decided to hop on the monorail and check out the poly and GF. We took our time and checked out all of the shops and stuff. DH was enjoying it so much he asked when we were going back.
    We decided to head back to the AKL for a quick rest and then go to AK. We grabbed something to drink and some snacks and headed back to the room to rest my blistered feet for a while, it was really too hot for us. We very rarely get temps in the high 80's in Maine even in peak summer.
    After our rest we headed to AK and could not believe the crowds there. We did ITTBAB and again checked out all the shops and just walked around. As exciting as EE sounds I just don't think I could handle it and DH does not care for thrill rides so we skipped that. We had thought maybe we could get a few rides in while the parade was going on but no such luck. The wait times were so long and it was so hot we just decided to leave. We were a bit bummed out but we have been to AK quite a few times so we did not feel like we were really missing out. We probably could have FP something if we wanted to but my feet were really sore by then and the heat was just getting to us.
    We headed back to the AKL and decided to just hang out there and relax for the night. We ate at Boma and then sat in the concierge lounge for a while and then sat on the balcony in our room and watched the animals. I love to watch the giraffes.
    We were a bit bummed about the AK being so crowded but we had had such a good morning at the MK that I did not care. I was just soaking in the atmosphere and enjoying a nice drink on the balcony with my DH. We were leaving tomorrow so I wanted to rest up for our long flight home.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It did my heart good to hear how excited the little girl with downs syndrome was to get to MK. I know it must have been a blessing for you to get to share in it. Thanks for relating it to us.

It seems like AK is always very crowded & very, very hot. It's too bad it made the day a bit more difficult, but it sounds like you had such a wonderful time at MK that it would be hard to bring you down.

Thanks for relating your trip to us.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great thanks for sharing.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to hear MK brought the excitement back, as did meeting the little girl on the bus - there's something about watching little ones getting so excited that makes the magic even more magical!! We're going for the first time w/o our DD's this fall, just as you did, and I'm glad to hear that you guys really enjoyed your time just shopping and being able to check things out slowly - if your girls are anything like mine, it's go, go, go and not much interest in the shops or the hotels, etc.! But I imagine we will miss ours, too - their excitement adds to ours. So glad your day was better, even w/ the heat @ AK.... it's much more tolerable at WDW than anywhere else!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

mttafire Guest

As if we didnt already know how magical Disney is, The story about the little girl just really made me smile!! Your experience with her and all the other great times is what Disney IS all about. Memories and MAGIC!!

pogo Guest

I enjoyed reading about the girl on the bus. What a special time for her and you.

I don't blame you for not wanting to fight the crowd at AK. This park always seems more crowded due to the fact that everyone is funneled into the walkways.

At the other parks, you can spread out a little so the crowds seem more managable.

Great way to end the day, relaxing.

Post Thanks / Like

Animal Kingdom always seems so much hotter than the other parks! What a lovely day!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a much better day than yesterday!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad you had such a fantastic morning at the MK! You got a lot done and topped it off with lunch at Tony's! We love the POLY and touring the resorts is a vacation in itself! Thanks so much for sharing!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful way to start off the day with that little girl. Great story. Sorry your feet are so sore, but you still seemed to have a really fun day. Thank you for sharing it.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thank for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you definitely had a better day today. Sad to see it end.....
    ~Tammy~

Next Trip: 12/1/07-12/8/07-Animal Kingdom Lodge

All-Star Sports-1998/All-Star Movies-1999/Port Orleans-Riverside-2001/Off Grounds-March 2003(Bad Idea!)/Caribbean Beach Resort-10/2004

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: