Quantcast Having a bad day

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Having a bad day

I'm just feeling a little down in the dumps! I've been out of high school for about 7 years now, and I feel like the stupid drama is following me. No one can seem to leave me alone and let me be happy. ARGH!!!
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Well, I've been out of high school for 30 years.

If drama follows you, it's likely that you are allowing it to.

You've probably heard it before but, you have no control over what other people do, say, or think. But you DO have control over what YOU do, say, and think.

It may sound easier said than done, but just say NO. If it's none of your business, the let it alone. If it's none of their business, then tell them so, and let it go.

But your response is your own choice.

But that's just my opinion.... and I'm old so what do I know.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Hope your day gets better.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am right there with you- not about the drama, but just feeling sad in general. I have been down for a while now & can't seem to shake it.
    Here's some to make your day a little better.
    April

Remy: You gotta taste this! This is... oh, it's got this kind of... mmm, it's burny, it's melty... it's not really a smoky taste. It's kind of like a certain... Pshah! It's got like this " Ba-boom! Zap!" kind of taste. Dont you think? What would you call that flavor?
    Emile: Lightningy?

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's the weather???
    Hang in there! It seems like things are sort of rotten for everyone right now. Maybe May will bring better mojo for all of us!
    Nell

pogo Guest

I think you better hurry up and plan a trip to WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

feel better

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Default growing apart

I remember that my 20's were hard with my old friends, I'm in 30's now. I think you start to grow and drift apart a bit, some grow up, some don't, different stages of life etc.. Sorry you're going through it, I really do remember. I think it all sorts itself out with time. Some friends I kept because they could grow with me, some not, also follow your insticts and interests and find a few new ones as well.
    Howard Johnsons 1982
    Guest Quarters 1989
    Guest Quarters 1990
    Yacht Club 1995
    Beach club 1997
    Beach Club 1999
    Beach Club 2002
    Beach Club 2005 May
    Beach Club 2005 Sept
    Beach Club 2006 Oct
    Yacht Club 2007 May
    Boardwalk Inn 2008 May

Yacht Club April 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry You're Feeling Down

Chin up, pup! Time is on your side (take it from me -- my 40th birthday is coming up and I could swear I just graduated!). I don't know exactly what the drama is you mention, but focus on you; don't worry about petty high-school-ishness.

If this is just an I-feel-down-because-it's-been-raining-for-a-week, do something nice for yourself. If this is a longstanding 'bout of the blues, talk to someone who has a sympathetic ear.

If you feel lost, like you're not sure what you're supposed to be doing now that you're out of high school, go to your local community college and talk to one of their counselors. They usually have programs that can help you find your niche.

Good luck to you and keep posting to let us know how you're doing!
    " But you see, I have the other slipper! "

1987 - Off Site
    1995 - Off Site
    2001 - All-Star Sports
    2005 - All-Star Music
    Next Trip - September 2009 - Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figgyluv03 View Post
    I'm just feeling a little down in the dumps! I've been out of high school for about 7 years now, and I feel like the stupid drama is following me. No one can seem to leave me alone and let me be happy. ARGH!!!
    well, I'm very close in age and know what you're going through. my "space" online has brought some of those things near me again, but thankfully I have separated myself from all that 'drama'. Isn't it funny how some people never "go anywhere" and are kinda stuck back where you left them? I can say the space has done wonders for my self-esteem. I left home, when to school, got a great career and a great life going and they are still living at home, worring about high-school type things. It sounds like you are already way ahead of those you mentioned, and as long as you can see that, you have already left it behind. Sometimes all you need to do is take a look behind to see how far you've gone.
    Have a great day!
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! I'm feeling a little bit better now. I think a lot had to do with the rainy weather we were having and the fact that a lot of stuff came crashing down on me at once! Although it wasn't the best weekend, I did have a pretty good one. Just turned on some good upbeat tunes and did what I wanted to do with no one my back!
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear things are looking up.
    I too was thinking the weather could be partly to blame. It may be that you suffer from SAD. This is caused in part by a lack of vitamin D, which you get from sun light. It might be worth talking to your doctor about. I know the winters in the North are hard on me, but I rely on Light Therapy. (Simulated sunlight).
    Good luck and don't let others get you down.
    șoșKathyșoș TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I've recently been invited to my 20th high school reunion. The information came via an email. I read all of the names the message went to and decided that I could really care less about 99% of the folks on that list. I contacted an old friend, who is also not planning on going, and we're going to get together for lunch in a few weeks. I haven't seen her in 15 years and I'm excited about seeing her.

The trick is to really decide what you want out of life and who you want IN your life. You aren't forced to see high school classmates everyday anymore, so it's up to you where you go from here.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: