Quantcast April Vacation 13-22

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default April Vacation 13-22

Leaving Boston: Friday afternoon
    Let me start by saying that if I ever say I’m flying on US Air, just come hit me upside the head. I’ve always had problems with them and this time was no different. When I booked our flights their website crashed and said start again, so I did. Imagine my surprise when I find I’m the proud owner of 6 tickets to Orlando instead of 3. To make a long story short when they rebooked my flights they had me leaving on April 13th to DC and then flying out the night of the 14th to Orlando. It all worked out, they got us on standby on the 13th and we made it to Orlando.

I have to say that I’m worse then a little kid, I get so excited that I’m back at Disney and it starts as soon as I get off the plane. I just can’t get there fast enough. So we quickly got off the flight and head over to ME and there was no line at the counter. We get thru check in and the bus was there so we hopped on board. We had about at 10 min wait and we were off.

We’ve only stayed once at a value (Sports) and the experience was not that good. The room was dirty, there were kids running up and down outside the rooms banging on doors and cursing. We had reservations for our first 2 nights at AS Movies and I have to say I was a little leery about staying in a value after our experience at Sports. So we arrived at AS Movies around 10:45 and once again no line. The CM checked us in and we were off to Toy Story building. I must say that AS Movies has changed my impression of the values. It was great when we walked out and saw sorcerer Mickey above the pool all lit up. When we got over to the Toy Story building I loved the big Buzz and Woody and the bucket of soldiers stairs. When we opened up our door, the room was clean and all the lights were working. I thought to myself this is what I thought a value would be. We dropped off our overnight bags and headed over to the bar for a and then off to bed.

Day 1: Saturday
    We slept in and then headed over to the food court for a late breakfast. After breakfast DH went to see if our luggage had arrived and they said it was being sorted and should be either in our room or on it’s way. After a quick stop in the gift shop we jumped on the bus to AK. I love AK, but for some unknown reason DS can never get thru the park without a meltdown. I have no idea why but I have a funny story later in the week about that.

We headed over to EE and got fastpasses. It was over to Dinosaur for a quick ride. After that it was Primeval Whirl. OK they have turned up the spinning on that ride. DH and I were not expecting that. I was getting dizzy hoping it would stop spinning it was like being on a teacup. We then walked over to EE and waited in line (25 min). We rode it in August and I don’t remember the backwards part being that fast. I thought it was much more fun. When we got off the ride, DS started to have his AK meltdown. Don’t know why, so we grabbed a bite to eat at Pizzafari. We then did a bug’s life and then headed over to EE to use our fastpasses. We got almost up to the ride when it stopped and after about 10 min. you could see them starting to walk people off the ride. We were so close to being walked off a ride. Are we the only people who think this would be cool? It was about 5 so we headed back to our for a swim.

Day 2: Sunday, changing resorts and MK EMH
    The only other time we’ve changed resorts we’ve had a car so it no big deal. After having read here how easy it was I figured, no big deal. So was I surprised when things did not go the Disney way. We got to bell services and I told the women we were moving over to the VWL. I’ve never seen at Disney such a deer in the headlight look as I got from her. I told her again that we needed our luggage sent over to the VWL and again I got a blank stare. She then started pulling out tags and said put my name and room number on them. I told her that I don’t know my room number because I hadn’t check in at VWL yet. She then went in the luggage storage room and came out and said fill out the tags and they will get the luggage over there. So we do and we jump on the first bus that comes so we can head over to WL and check in.

We get over to WL and there’s a room ready. Granted it’s as far away from the Lodge as you can get in the Villas but it’s at the end of the hallway so no one will be walking by our room. This will be wonderful as the week progresses. We ask about our luggage and we’re told it will arrive between 1-3. So we hang out in our room and around 3 we go to bell services and ask about our luggage. They said they don’t have it. I said when we were checking out that the CM I spoke to really didn’t seem to understand what I was asking. The person at bell services then said, that’s not surprising, they are not Disney employees. She said they are contractors.

I was shocked. It then explained why everything just seemed a little off at Movies. We waited almost 15 min before someone helped us with our luggage and during that time no one acknowledged our presence, which I thought was odd. I’ve always found that no matter how busy a CM is they always looked at you and said I will be with you shortly. Not this time, we were the only ones at the counter and everyone was just running back and forth. They would look at us and just duck into the luggage room. DH made a very good point after we found this out. You never want a non Disney employee “touching” a guest and it’s a mistake for them to outsource that part. He’s in marketing and I guess that’s a term for interacting with guests. He said guests don’t differentiate between employee or contractor they just see it as Disney. I have to agree I was disappointed in how we were treated. OK done with my little rant.

Back to my luggage, the CM then sent a van over to retrieve our luggage. Yeah.

We had reservations at the Trail’s End buffet that night. What a hidden gem it is. It was quiet the food was good, DS I think had 90 pieces of cornbread. OK may 10. We will definitely eat there again. After dinner we hopped on the boat to MK for EMH hours. The park was fairly empty. We did Laugh Floor and DS was on camera. He loved it. I really enjoyed it. After that it was over to Stitch, DS loves this ride, I think it’s all about the chili dog smell for him, he is 8. We then walked onto Buzz and then over to Space Mtn. which had a 60 min wait. Yikes. We headed over to Astro Orbiter and were on it for Wishes. That was cool, DS wanted to ride in his own orbiter, but about half way thru he got nervous because he was sliding around in his orbiter. We then went over to Indy. This is the first time DS got to ride in his own car, having finally made the height requirement. He was so excited about it. Then over to Philharmagic, another walk on. And then only a 10 min wait for Peter Pan, had to do it. After that we went on Splash. As we’re going around I noticed none of the figures are moving, they’re all slumped over. We’ve done Splash a bizillion times and I’m thinking to myself, I thought those moved maybe not. Anyway we get really excited because just before the laughing place we stopped and all the lights went on. We thought this is it, finally a walkoff, but no such luck. After about 5 min. lights off and off we go, but during the entire ride none of the characters are moving. It was strange with everyone just slumped over. We got and headed over to Thunder Mtn. and got the last seat. DS thought it was great when he was momentarily airborne on one of the drops. It was about 1:30am so we decided to head back, as we walked passed Splash the ride was closed. No water coming down the drop, it was neat to see the drop with no water. We headed back to the hotel and a good night’s sleep.

Tomorrow: DH’s Christmas Present: Richard Petty Driving experience.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Great start to your report!

Sorry about the snafu with your luggage, but thankfully it worked out in the end! Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Great report! I'm trying to imagine how weird it would have been to ride Splash like that. We had a long wait right before the big drop once and it made my daughter really nervous. The water wasn't running. But for the figures to be slumped? That must have been an experience! Looking forward to more reports.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about your luggage. It sounds like you had a great time at the EMH though.

Can't wait to read more about your trip.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Oh my gosh that is too hilarious that you actually want to be walked off a ride! I'm sorry you had trouble with your bags, but it sounds like you will enjoy the VWL. I'm so glad to know how much of a walk on everything was for you at the Evening Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom, sounds like you got sooo much done! I love riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at night, it's so neat! Thanks for reporting, can't wait to read more!

Oh, yeah, and I'm glad your son enjoyed the 100 pieces of cornbread at Trail's End. That stuff is so good!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

pogo Guest

Good start minus the luggage snafu ! I can't wait to read more.

Post Thanks / Like

Even with the SNAFUs I can feel the fun.

I can't say that I have the hidden dream of walking off a broken ride, but I wish you luck in your quest for ride failure.

It sounds like the crowds weren't bad at all for you to get to do so much at MK. It sounds like you had several very special times (the laugh floor & your son's first solos on Astro Orbiter & on the Speedway.) I actually agree with your son that the Astro Orbiter can be a bit more intimidating than given credit for.

Great report...thank-you.

Post Thanks / Like

A rocky start, but a great first couple of days! Can't wait to read more!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Well, you've encountered a few glitches but, overall, a good trip so far!

I had heard that Disney was outsourcing its luggage handling. I also believe this might be a mistake on Disney's part!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great start - thanks for sharing
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are having a blast! I bet your DS loved driving those Indy Cars! Thanks so much for sharing!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about that luggage issue, but otherwise a wonderful start, I really enjoyed reading about your Splash adventure. Thanks for reporting.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thank for the report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great start in the parks. Thanks for sharing

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

The next best thing to being "walked off" a ride:

riding Splash with the characters slumped!!!

Thanks for reporting!
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: