Quantcast SeaWorld or Busch Gardens Tampa?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default SeaWorld or Busch Gardens Tampa?

We've been trying to do some "non-Disney" attractions during our trips to WDW and the Orlando area. Previously, we went to Kennedy Space Center and Gatorland.

This summer we'd like to try either SeaWorld or Busch Gardens Tampa. We went to BG Europe in VA over Easter break and were thinking about BG in FL to compare. SeaWorld looks great, too.

Which do you prefer? All your great experiences with both are appreciated!
    March 1983 offsite
    April 2003 Poly
    March 2005 POR
    December 2005 Poly Concierge
    July/August 2006 WDW Dolphin
    July/August 2007 WDW Swan
    May 2008 Poly
    December 2010 Beach Club
    Disney Stockholder

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never been to Busch Gardens so I can't comment on that one but on our last trip we went to Sea World for the first time and absolutely LOVED it! It was DH, DD 8, DD 14 and I and there was plenty to do for everyone. I had no idea that there would be as many rides as there were and they were great. Of course there's Shamu(bring ponchos and sit up close ). Our favorite parts were the dolphins nursery and feeding the dolphins. How fun!! We would all love to go back and I highly recommend trying this park at least once!
    Jenn

1974 * 1985 * 1993 * 1997 * 1997 * 2000 * 2002 * 2004 * 2005
    Oct 06 CBR/AKL
    Dec 06 ASM
    Oct 07 POP
    June 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 SSR
    Jan 09 SSR
    May/June 09 BCV/AKV
    Aug 09 AKV
    Oct 09 AKV
    Christmas 09 BLT
    May/June 2011 CBR
    May/June 2012 AKV

Post Thanks / Like

You cant really compare the two, to sum it up SW=a park with great shows and oh yeah we have some rides! BGA=a good amusement park (I still like BGE more) and oh yeah we are a zoo!

SW is a unique experience outside of the first hour you wont be riding rides, youll be bouncing from show to show, where as BGA is much more of a theme park. Either way youll have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

We've never been to Busch Gardens Tampa - would love to though. But I can honestly say that our venture off Disney property to SeaWorld last year was not that exciting. Maybe we are just too spoiled by that "Disney feeling". The best part of the day was Dinner with Shamu. The buffet was quite good and we enjoyed some up-close and personal time with Shamu. That was something I can recommend.

I'd look forward to reading some reviews of Busch Gardens Tampa.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been to both and i think it depends what ages your kids are or if you have them at all

Busch Gardens has more thrill rides as well as the zoo

Seaworld is more family orientated with more shows ...

For me Seaworld has been on the decline for the past few years which is sad ..... so out of the two i would go for Busch Gardens

Have a great time either way

Post Thanks / Like

Busch Gardens Tampa is a lot of fun. I think the theming in Williamsburg is much prettier. It is similar in the types of rides offered. It has some great coasters and the setting where they let you sample beer is beautiful - lots of birds to watch. There is also a monorail type ride through the savannah. I have not been to Se World in a long time. Animal shows are fun, but a whole day of them is too much for my family.
    Aug 1974 Fort Wilderness
    Aug 1981 Fort Wilderness
    Oct 1986 Polynesian
    Oct 1992 Beach Club
    Aug 1998 All Star Sports & Wilderness Lodge
    Feb 1999 Grosvenor
    Aug 1999 Beach Club
    Aug 2002 Yacht Club
    Feb 2007 Old Key West
    Jan 2009 Old Key West
    Jan 2010 Boardwalk Villas

Post Thanks / Like

My personal experiences with Busch Gardens Tampa (or is it Busch Gardens Africa?) weren't great the last time I was there (about two years ago), although I historically have enjoyed it more than Sea World. The park itself is great, but the employee attitudes and other guests put a pretty big damper on my enjoyment. Many of the employees were completely indifferent to their work (i.e. sloooowww) and the teenage kids were a too rowdy for my tastes (line jumping, swearing, etc.). I didn't experience either of those things at Sea World, nor do I see it in significant amounts at WDW, DL or Cedar Point. I guess it just draws a different crowd in terms of employees as well as guests.

Post Thanks / Like

It really depends on what your family would enjoy. If you have younger kids that would appreciate seeing the animal shows the I would go for SeaWorld and wait for your kids to get older to go to Busch Gardens. Busch Gardens has a lot more thrill rides then SeaWorld does. But if you have older kids that would enjoy the thrill rides more then go for Busch Gardens. Sea World only has 3 thrill rides and Busch Gardens has a lot more then that. But the animal shows at SeaWorld are a lot better then the ones at Busch Gardens.
    ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with everyone else, really depends on you. My kids (6 and 9) have enjoyed SW up until now, but they're getting older now and or more interested in rides. I've been to BG Tampa once, and BG Williamsburg many times. To me, Williamsburg is hands down much better. Either way, have fun!!!!!!
    [I]Hello. We are the Bradshaws. And We are Disneyholics.

September 2000- Music
    June 2004- Pop
    June 2006- Movies
    February 2008- Offsite (Won't Do That Again!)
    May 2009- First Ever Disney Camping Trip!
    June 2011- Pop
    Feb 2012- Sports
    Dec 2012- Movies
    May 2014- Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Last year on our trip, we were in the same situation, we were going back and forth between the four hour drive to Busch Gardens Tampa, or the hour and forty five to Sea World. We chose Sea World. For us, it was the wrong choice. I was very disappointed in what Sea World has become, and very surprised to see a DOG AND CAT show there. I'm not sure if the park is now bigger or smaller, with the lake being cut down in size. There were far roo many gift shops with very pricey ornamental giftware. The shows were great though, I was just disappointed in what its become. And I knew it the minute I saw that roller coaster being built. They are currently constructing thier own WATER PARK across the street too, so maybe that will make it a bit better. but I wish we had gone to Busch Gardens instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paragon View Post
    Last year on our trip, we were in the same situation, we were going back and forth between the four hour drive to Busch Gardens Tampa, or the hour and forty five to Sea World.
    Four hours!?...Holy smoke...you must drive REALLY slow! I have a condo in Clearwater and it is exactly 91 miles to WDW, and that is on the far side of the Tampa bay. I usually get to WDW in about an hour and a half, still a considerable drive.
    Busch Gardens is a combination amusement park, wildlife gallery and beer commercial. They do have some world class roller coasters there, Kumab, Montu and Shikra come to mind, but not to many rides for children under about 13-14 or so. There is a safari type ride called Rhino rally with a pretty good story line (including an unexpected ride down the river) which is O.K., but not as good as Kilimanjaro Safaris. The animal shows and exhibits are well designed, with an emphasis on conservation and protection of endangered species, they even have some pandas. They offer several tours with specialized themes, mostly related to wildlife and their habitats which are worth doing. Overall, it is a good days entertainment, but don't go expecting Disney level services, cause it ain't Disney!
    (Oh, and did I mention free beer!)
    Wells
    "But...I don't want to go among mad people."

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat, "we're all mad here"

Post Thanks / Like

Busch Gardens if you like rides and its more for grown ups
    Seaworld if you have a young family

So i plumped for Busch Gardens

Post Thanks / Like

I would say busch gardens, it is only about an hour and a half away and I did take a 2 and 5 year old and they had plenty of fun. Sea world is okay if you have never gone before but I prefered Busch Gardens.
    2002 - Off Property Son's 1st Trip
    2003-Off Property
    2005- Off Property Son's 1st Trip
    March 2006- Off Property
    June 2006 - POP Star Wars Weekend
    Dec 2007 - ASMu Family Suite

Dec 2009 ASMo Daughter's 1st Trip
    April 2011 Beach Club Daughter's 2nd Birthday Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Four hours!?...Holy smoke...you must drive REALLY slow! I have a condo in Clearwater and it is exactly 91 miles to WDW, and that is on the far side of the Tampa bay. I usually get to WDW in about an hour and a half, still a considerable drive.
    Well, if you hit bad traffic on I-4 or drive during rush hour, your trip might be 4 hours!
    Also known as Barry H.

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering where Paragon was driving from? I can make it to Busch Gardens in a little over an hour. Granted I drive kind of fast and we really didn't hit any traffic.
    Sea World is great if you want to see shows. And do a LOT of walking to try to get from one show to the other in time. I think they schedule them so that you have to come back another time if you want to see all of them.
    I haven't been to BG in a long time, but it was a neat park. Definitely more of a theme park.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I will try to keep my rant to a minimum here.....
    Every trip to Orlando we have gone to both Busch Gardens and Sea World (we get in for free). My last trip to Busch Gardens Tampa was my LAST trip to Busch Gardens Tampa.
    As someone has mentioned, the employee attitude combined with the way guests treat each other has taken an amazing theme park and turned it into a less than enjoyable experience.
    The employees, for the most part, do not care about the park, or the guests.
    Don't waste the hour drive (or 4 for some) it takes to get there.
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

Default Busch Gardens or Seaworld?

SeaWorld has lots of amazing shows and only a few rides. There are more opportunities to interact with the animals e.g feeding the dolphins at Dolphin Cove.
    Busch Gardens has a lot more thrill rides and although there are lots of animals, you can't actually touch any of them (I don't think).
    I love both so it's more of a personal decision, either way I think you'll have a great day!
    Starlight star bright, first star I see tonight...

Hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the Wilderness!!!

*Disney Trips*
    Oct 1998
    Oct 2000
    Oct 2001
    Apr 2003
    Oct 2005
    July 2008
    June 2010

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: