Quantcast Good place to have a drink

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good place to have a drink

My DH and I are in our mid 40's and are not really into to the dancing scene.We just want to go out and have a relaxing night somewhere,any body have any ideas?Thank you in advance !
    Disneyland 1969-1988
    ASM 2000
    ASM 2002
    ASM 2003
    ASM 2004
    Pop 2004 (50's)
    Pop Oct.2006(70's)
    Pop May 2007(50's)
    Pop Dec.2007(60's)
    Pop Oct.2008
    PORS May 2010
    Wilderness Lodge 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice spots include Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge; Victoria Falls at Animal Kingdom Lodge; the Outer Rim at the Contemporary; and Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    ... the Outer Rim at the Contemporary; and Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian.
    These are two of my favorites, particularly the Tambu Lounge...great places to people watch.
    Now, bring me that horizon... 8(:-D
    TIx2GR
    [/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to see a little comedy while you relax, the Adventurers Club at DTD is the way to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Jellyrolls at Boardwalk is a dueling piano bar that you can relax at and listen to some classic tunes. You have to be 21+ to enter, so no worries about little kids running around.

Post Thanks / Like

Many of the resort bars depend on the mood and atmosphere you want. Poly is tropical themed, AKL is kind dark with a great fireplace, the restaurant in England is nice to watch the fireworks (you can have a true yard there). Mexico is another good place. ESPN bar is fun, but it is kinda loud and sports atmosphere.

What type of atmosphere are you looking for? That may be able to help make better recommendations. Also, you can strike up a good conversation with others having cocktails. Many people enjoy talking casually while relaxing.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Mizner's in the GF is a relaxing place. The lounge is within earshot of the jazz ensemble which performs (nightly, I think) in the lobby.
    Donna

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWfeelslikehome View Post
    If you want to see a little comedy while you relax, the Adventurers Club at DTD is the way to go.

I agree We are also in our 40s and love it there

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

My DH and I also love the Outer Rim (contemporary) and Tambu Lounge (ploynesian). But I think our most favorite is River Roost at Port Orleans Riverside. It is a very relaxing atmosphere and on certain nights of the week, there is a great (and funny) piano player who really gets the crowd going.
    Beth

Past Trips: 83 86 88 89 95 97 00 03 04 06 08 (CBR, Dixie Landings/POR, Coronado, Contemporary)
    Next Trip: Feb 27th to March 7th 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all the posts,I am going to try these places.DD likes sports,so ESPN sounds good for him.He likes jazz.We both like comedy,and I like the islands.I LOVE DISNEYWORLD,you can get any atmosphere you want !!!
    Disneyland 1969-1988
    ASM 2000
    ASM 2002
    ASM 2003
    ASM 2004
    Pop 2004 (50's)
    Pop Oct.2006(70's)
    Pop May 2007(50's)
    Pop Dec.2007(60's)
    Pop Oct.2008
    PORS May 2010
    Wilderness Lodge 2013

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Our two favorites...

OK...I'm starting to wonder if I am a lush because I just responded to the post about where to find wine a minute ago! Seriously, DH and I aren't heavy drinkers at home, but there's something about complimentary transportation at Disney. We have figured out why they call WDW "The happiest place on earth!" Anyhow, I digress. To answer your question, the Tambu lounge at the Poly is one of our favorites. They are VERY generous with the liquor. The lapu lapus (made in a pineapple) are wonderful, but watch out, they can sneak up on you very quickly!!! Our other must go place is the Rose and Crown pub at Epcot. (You don't have to be having dinner there to get drinks at the pub.) We love to ask for rum runners there. We often take them to the patio area and watch Illuminations right there by the bar. It is awesome! I also like the way the British boys call me "Love" when they talk to me!
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Post Thanks / Like

Booze! One of my favorite topics.

Here's a link to another thread that lists my favorites. Drinkin with Lucy
    Niki aka Lucille

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted - Mae West

Post Thanks / Like

Best kept secret for a quiet drink is the Bellvue Room at the Boardwalk Inn. We sit on the balcony and just watch the crowds and boats.
    SteveL

Post Thanks / Like

The Rose and Crown, and the Cantina are great places to stop for a drink or two in Epcot. At the resorts, I have really enjoyed the laid back atmosphere of The Outer Rim at the Contemporary. Great views of the lake, and really good wines there.
    1990-Polynesian, 1998-All-Star Music, 2002-Off Property , 2003-All Star Music, 2007- Pop Century (twice) , 2008-Old Key West, 2008-Off Property, 2009-POFQ,2010-off property, 2011 - POFQ
    Next Up . . . . November 23-30, 2013- Off Property at the Star Island Resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Nice spots include Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge; Victoria Falls at Animal Kingdom Lodge; the Outer Rim at the Contemporary; and Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian.
    Ill Go with faline on this one.... I love the Territory Lounge and I really like the view of Outer Rim.......

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Post Thanks / Like

well i have been known to
    Epcot is my fav to relax. in Mexico,sake in Japan,Kir Royal in France, in England. stroll w it and check out the shops.
    TL in WL i was in once. i wil b again
    Kimonos in the Swan/Dolphin is nice for sake,sushi, karoake. or the lounge in Japan
    havent hit the PI clubs for awhile, but may this trip. even if i dont dance....well not much.
    might check out Jellyrolls.
    i have to see whats what at CS since ill b staying there in May.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    well i have been known to
    Epcot is my fav to relax. in Mexico,sake in Japan,Kir Royal in France, in England. stroll w it and check out the shops.
    TL in WL i was in once. i wil b again
    Kimonos in the Swan/Dolphin is nice for sake,sushi, karoake. or the lounge in Japan
    havent hit the PI clubs for awhile, but may this trip. even if i dont dance....well not much.
    might check out Jellyrolls.
    i have to see whats what at CS since ill b staying there in May.
    DH and I really liked the bar at CS when we stayed there last June. Good margaritas and, unlike the other places, complimentary nachos and salsa dip. YUM!

We're going the week of May 6th--perhaps we'll find you there if that's the same week that you are going!
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Post Thanks / Like

All the places mentioned are good ideas...I would just add, pretty much any of the resort pool bars, especially after dark in the warmer months....

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: