Quantcast Shrek the Third

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shrek the Third

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shrek the Third

Who else is looking forward to this next month? 1 & 2 definitely did not disappoint, and the trailers to #3 look hilarious!

We will definitely be there on opening night!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We are! It is a long weekend here in Canada, and also DS8's birthday weekend....We have gone to see the opening of each of the Shrek movies as our family birthday outing....and this one will be no different (except that we will bring DS3). Isn't Puss In Boots dreamy?
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Between this and PotC3 am very excited about the movies coming up! My little one is obsessed with watching Shrek all the time!

Shari

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure we will see it with the kids. But I thought the story line was weak for Shrek 2 compared to the original. It just seemed like a lot of stuff strung together for effect. They would have rather gone out of their way to get a pop culture reference than to have a stronger story. Hopefully The Third will be better, but it is unlikely.

In fact, it will be interesting to see what becomes of Dreamworks Animation, once a Wall Street Darling, if the Shrek franchise goes south. I can think of any other true standout Dreamworks pics of Pixar quality.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I loved the first movie, but I was very disappointed by the second one. The "Shrek the Third" trailer confused me (true king??? where does that come from?) and I wasn't very impressed by it overall (which is not good for this one because the "Shrek 2" trailer made me want to see it).
    Always CRAZY 4 DISNEY WORLD!
    VMK Name: CrazyForWDW
    "Some imagination, huh?" -Mickey
    "Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantenganse allejado de las puertas." -WDW Monorail
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day!" -COP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post

In fact, it will be interesting to see what becomes of Dreamworks Animation, once a Wall Street Darling, if the Shrek franchise goes south. I can think of any other true standout Dreamworks pics of Pixar quality.

If youo're right, they still have another chance with "Bee Movie", an animated movie starring Jerry Seinfeld as the bee.

You can see teaser trailers to that on Shrek 3's website too.
    INTERCOT Staff-

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shrek III

I am definitely looking forward to this movie. It looks hysterical! I think the other Shrek movies were equally funny. I just love Puss In Boots!
    " But you see, I have the other slipper! "

1987 - Off Site
    1995 - Off Site
    2001 - All-Star Sports
    2005 - All-Star Music
    Next Trip - September 2009 - Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Loved Shrek 1 and 2 but for some reason the trailers for Shrek 3 aren't doing it for me. It seems like they are trying too hard if that makes any sense. Most of the time I don't like it when things are random just for the sake of being random (this is my main problem with Family Guy). I am sure we will see it eventually but it is not on the top of my summer movies list. I am looking forward more to Spider-Man 3, POTC: At World's End, and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it tonight. It was cute not as good as the others but still funny.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

I took the kids to the local drive tonight to see Shrek x3 and DW and I agree that is was more of the same with a weak plot line, in short a dissapointment. The kids on the other hand loved it.

On a positive note the trailer for "Bee Movie" was good.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

We went to see it last evening , it was cute --there are some funny moments but we feel the first one was better. The kids enjoyed it.
    [*]2013 POR[*]2012 Swan / AKL[*]2011 POFQ[*]2009 AS MUSIC FAMILY SUITE[*]2008 POFQ[*]2007 POLY/ POFQ[*]2006 AS MUSIC[*]2005 AS MOVIES[*]2004 POP CENTURY[*]2003 AS MOVIES[*]2000 POFQ / 3 DAYS ON WONDER[*]1998 AS MUSIC[*]2 off site trips in High School[/LIST]

Post Thanks / Like

we went yesterday and i thought it was o.k. not as funny as the other two.the bee movie trailer looks funny.
    jen

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it last night.

It just wasn't funny.

Very disappointing.
    John/kmo84

Post Thanks / Like

We saw it yesterday and we thought it was cute. It wasn't as strong as numbers 1 & 2, but it was still good.

There were several "laugh out loud" parts and plenty of pop-culture references just like it's predecessors.

I don't think it deserves the really harsh criticism the critics are giving it. It's no Oscar worthy picture, but it was a fun way to spend 2 hours. I give it a !
    INTERCOT Staff-

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree, it is good and we enjoyed it. However I judge movies by whether I would pay the price of admission again or wait for the video... I'll wait for the video.
    "Guard the boat, mind the tide. Don't touch my dirt." Captain Jack Sparrow

CSR May '98
    POR May '02
    CBR June '06
    Next Trip... POFQ Sept '07
    Disneyland--too many times to count!

Post Thanks / Like

disappointing.............. very contrived......
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

We went Saturday night to see it. I still like the first one the best. However I did find myself giggling at some parts . . . I heard that there is already a 4 & 5 in the works.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

My sis & I went to see it yesterday. I liked it. It wasn't as good as the 1st one but still cute. I did laugh out loud a few times & I loved Donkey & Puss In Boots dancing during the credits.
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like

I know this movie came out months ago, but I finally saw "Shrek the Third" on DVD last night and figured I'd share my thoughts.

It was a good film, not a great one. I'm glad to see the major four actors decided to come back and have already signed on for the fourth and fifths installments of the franchise. Antonio Banderas and Eddie Murphy have also agreed to voice a spinoff starring Puss in Boots.

Unfortunately, I think the creators are running out of material. The first two pictures were funny because of how they honored and paid tribute to classic fairy tales. We all laughed out loud when we discovered the kingdom was called Far Far Away and when the Three Blind Mice were running around like idiots. I also loved the first two movies because of all the visual in-jokes and sight gags dotting virtually every scene.

"Shrek the Third" had some of that, but not as much. I laughed at loud when Rapunzel's hair was actually a wig and Sleeping Beauty passed out during an important scene. Even the villains bar where all the bad guys hang out at night was a fun and interesting concept.

But this film also relied on a lot of stock comedy, using slapstick to make audiences laugh because they've already seen the first two movies. Watching King Harold die three times followed by a funeral scene with a classic ballad playing in the background was unfunny and tasteless. Fiona was genuinely affected by her father's death, and the filmmakers turned what could've been a sweet, tragic moment into a stupid attempt at a laugh.

I don't need silly subplots and supporting characters that aren't adding anything. Seriously, Donkey and Puss in Boots switching bodies simply wasn't funny at all.

I'm not giving up on this character yet because I did see some good things in this film. Here's hoping the next one reverts back to the form of the first two, which truly were creative and inspired pictures.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Good response. I agree with your points. This is also probably why we haven't, and probably won't for some time, seen a Toy Story 3 even though Disney and Pixar had come to their senses and kissed and made up.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: