Quantcast Pixie Dust Needed for rising river

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pixie Dust Needed for rising river

Hi! We live on the Saddle River in Northern New Jersey. Normally there is a park between us and the river, but we have waterfront property. Please keep us in your thoughts. We have 2 sump pumps working hard in our basement, but if the river comes up over the drop-off behind our house, who knows what will happen. They said the river was supposed to crest at 8, but the 8:15 reading was kind-of high. We were at 9.07 feet and 8.0 feet is considered major flood stage in the town just south of us. Pixie Dust please and hope that the water starts to go down instead of up. It is just hard to imagine as the rain is still really coming down. Thanks for the pixie dust in advance!
    Jen
    (The 83 days we have until WDW is helping me to get through this).
    S-O-UTH F-L-O-R-IDA! South Florida, South Florida, GO BULLS!!!

August 2008: Port Orleans Riverside
    July 2007: Polynesian
    Feb. 2006: Pop Century
    Before that many day trips and too many to list!!! I've been going since I was 3!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jen,
    Sending you some MA pixie dust in hopes that your river does not rise any further and your home will be safe.

It's been raining here all day, but not as bad as we were expecting.
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

Here's some ! Let's hope it will flow away without messing with you.
    "But you've read it twice!" -The Bookseller

02-1987 Off-Site, 09-2005 Pop Century, 09-2006 Pop Century,
    09 2007 All-Star Sports

Next trip: 09-2006

Yes, I am a Browncoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Jen, we're only about 30 minutes away from you and we know what you are dealing with - we aren't on the river (Hackensack is near us) but our finished basement is flooded and the brook behind us is halfway up our yard. We can't even do anything about the basement because the water is coming in faster than we can get it up. This is a nasty storm!!! Now it's thundering and lightening, keeping my son awake - who was up anyway, as he just got sick from coughing so hard. Ack!!!

We'll be thinking of you guys!! Much that the water level doesn't increase anymore!!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

on the way.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pixie Dust From Md

Sending lots of pixie dust your way! The weather in general is just lousy. The wind is really blowing here - I think I'll gather some flashlights and cameras in case we lose power. We haven't gotten as much rain as I expected - yet! We get a downpour, it eases up, then stops for a while.

Hang in there. No matter what happens, you'll get through it. Believe me, I know. When I was 7 months pregnant, a car drove through my brick fireplace and into the room I was sitting in. It was a horrendous experience, but we got through it.

Keep posting and let us know how you're doing.

" But you see, I have the other slipper! "

1987 - Off Site
    1995 - Off Site
    2001 - All-Star Sports
    2005 - All-Star Music
    Next Trip - September 2009 - Port Orleans - Riverside

pogo Guest

To both Jen's........ here is a good dose of and prayers for both of you.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just about to start a "general" flood pixie dust thread. My bf's basement has 5 inches and ours probably only has 1inch ( ETA: We found a section with 3inches ugh!) but it is still quite a nuisance (especially when your family doesn't even think to check until 10pm )

So to all, may our homes and roads stay flood free! And please... Do not try to drive your car through a flooded road. (unless of course you want to get laughed at on tv )
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

My basement is taking in water too. I'm also in Northern NJ.

I was away this weekend, and drove home in this terrible rain and now it looks like no sleep tonight while I keep up with the water in the basement.

UGHHHHH!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Getting hit hard here on Long Island too..thankfully we are inland. So it's just the rain and the wind...at this point anyway.
    I will keep all of you dealing with the flooding and rising rivers and tides in my thoughts and prayers tonight.
    Phyllis

Post Thanks / Like

Hope all goes well.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cat 1 Hurricane

I was watching WNBC 4 in NYC this morning, and the weather guy said that this is the worst rain in 115 years. Central Park got 7.57 inches yesterday. The weather info on his computers with the pressure and stuff makes this storm the equivalent of a Category 1 Hurricane! Which, incidentally, I was thinking myself as I watched out the window last night at the wind and downpour.

Has anyone been evacuated? They said Bergen County and large parts of New Jersey were really really bad as far as flooding goes.....many people are trapped.

I hope everyone stays safe today, and for everybody!

Edited to add: They have declared a state of emergency in NJ and have alerted the National Guard. They are telling everyone to stay home. They keep showing flooded streets and everything, but yet the NYC public schools are OPEN! GRRRRR!
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    They keep showing flooded streets and everything, but yet the NYC public schools are OPEN! GRRRRR!
    Sorry about that! School is closed here in Bergenfield (Bergen County) as is a good part of the county but partly due to widespread power outages. Ours was out all night, but blessedly, came back on this morning - which is a huge relief as it was freezing in my house! I'm actually bummed the schools are closed because we had a great jazz assembly set up for the kids today.

Our basement is such a mess! Carpet is ruined, walls (sheetrock) might be too. The brook has gone down some in my yard but it's still raining.....

Again, much to those dealing with this!

Ugh - it is now pouring again! We're at over 7 inches of rain already!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

to everyone out there trying to get through this storm. We're suppose to get up to 14 inches of snow. Nasty here with the wind. Schools have been closed too.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Sending to everyone dealing with flooding,etc., - esp. our "Jens" in New Jersey!! Please keep us posted as to how you're doing - sounds awful. We are just getting major amounts of snow here - looks like a blizzard outside right now.

I am so sorry you guys have to go through this - trying to control water that wants to come in is so frustrating, if not impossible. My thoughts and prayers are with you.... Good luck!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Well...
    I think I slept for about 2 hours last night. Schools in Saddle Brook are closed too, including my dd's Daycare center. I was hoping they'd be open for me to get some rest, but we'll have to nap in shifts.

Overall, the river is about 6" below the edge of our backyard now and I think it may be receding slowly now (I HOPE). We have about 2 feet of water in the deepest part of our basement and about 7-8 inches in the shallowest. Things were stacked on top of large rubbermaid bins that have now tipped over and turned. They were so heavy that we didn't think they'd move. Our landlord came over at about midnight to show us how to turn off the pilot light and the heat because it was under water. I'm just hoping our washer and dryer are okay.
    I just got off the phone with our renter's insurance company who said they would send an adjuster by end of business Tuesday, but he didn't know whether flood damage is covered or not (neither do I). Our road is closed at both ends so we are stuck in, but overall we are better off than a lot of our neighbors who have lower lying lots than us. Some even have cars underwater.

Oh well, God works in mysterious ways.

Keep your fingers crossed for our stuff that is in our bins in the basement.

Thanks for all your warm wishes and I'll keep in touch.
    Jen in Saddle Brook
    S-O-UTH F-L-O-R-IDA! South Florida, South Florida, GO BULLS!!!

August 2008: Port Orleans Riverside
    July 2007: Polynesian
    Feb. 2006: Pop Century
    Before that many day trips and too many to list!!! I've been going since I was 3!

Post Thanks / Like

Pixie dust to all of you affected. I didn't think the storm was that bad-until I drove to work this morning and there were trees down everywhere! It's 10am now, and the weather forcasters said that the rain should let up about noon EST. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you.
    My basement was OK last night, but I probably should have checked it this morning. Oh well, nothing I can do until I get home.
    șoșKathyșoș TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and everyone else affected!

We're getting pounded in the Poconos too. Lost power early this morning but it came on about 7 am. Who knows if it will stay on. Trees, signs and other debris all over the place and a large tree limb landed on my new car! It's not a huge deal but I will need some body work. We had about an inch of slushy snow this morning and it's still coming down. Actually, at work now - about 20 minutes south from home - it just started sideways snowing. The road I travel to work was semi-flooded earlier so I'll need to find an alternative route back. I know people on the Delaware River are very nervous right now as they are just recovering from last year's flooding.

Pixie dust and warm happy thoughts to you all! Stay warm, dry and safe!
    DVC Member Since 2000
    1998 - Offsite (Our Honeymoon!)
    1999 - Offsite
    2000 - GF & BWV
    2001 - BWV & OKW
    2002 - OKW
    2003 - OKW
    2004 - OKW
    2005 - OKW & Gaylord Palms
    2006 - OKW & Omni Champions Gate
    Most Recent Magic! - November/December 2007 - OKW & AKL

Post Thanks / Like

My prayers are with all of you who were flooded. We are at a pretty high elevation on my street, so I am blessed. Not too far from the Perkiomen, but far enough away that it will never affect us at home.

We lost power this morning at 6:15 (exactly one minute after my alarm went off!) and came back on again at 8am. We had about 2 inches of slush everywhere, which was a HUGE surprise. I rushed to get ready for work (luckily I live close by), and was detoured a few times on the way to work. I was quite glad to arrive at my library and find the power on and everything nice and dry (nothing worse than a wet library!).

Take care everyone!!

Jill in Audubon, Pa (just outside of Valley Forge/King of Prussia)

Post Thanks / Like

Sending for you all. As we always say, prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
    I worry too that if it starts that bad there the rivers tend to get worse sometimes going downstream with snow melting in spring meaning more flooding .
    Stay safe. How do you stay warm without a pilot light? Do you have heat?? Our temp here ent down to 50 the other night but with the high wind it felt like thirties. It flooded near our old house one Feb. and I had to go through hip deep water to get home and it was freezing. Flooding is tough enough without cold and wet.
    Again stay safe, first off. More
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: