Quantcast Planning first trip to FW in July

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Planning first trip to FW in July

We are not new to Disney, but new to camping at Disney. My main question is what campsite area is best to get? We have our own bathroom in our camper, but WILL need the use of the showers, and would prefer the least crowd possible. (Are going in July, so hope it won't be as crowded as usual seeing as that's the value season for camping and it's so hot---but we could be wrong) Thanks for any input!!!!!!
    [I]Hello. We are the Bradshaws. And We are Disneyholics.

September 2000- Music
    June 2004- Pop
    June 2006- Movies
    February 2008- Offsite (Won't Do That Again!)
    May 2009- First Ever Disney Camping Trip!
    June 2011- Pop
    Feb 2012- Sports
    Dec 2012- Movies
    May 2014- Pop

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

July will be both hot, and crowded. Every loop has it's own comfort station or shares one so, it really depends on what type of site your are going for and what type of rig you have. Off the top of my head, I would look at either the 800 or 900 loops.
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Southern New Jersey ( only 1024 miles away )
    Post Thanks / Like

July.... It WILL be HOT... It will be CROWDED.. both in the parts and in the campground.. Have you gotten your resies for F.W... Friends of ours called a month ago and campground was full for July !!!.. al loops have comfort stations except 600..

Good luck and enjoy........

1973,76,78,79,81,82 Off Site
    1994,96,97- ASSP
    1996,97- CBR
    1998- DCL-MAGIC (HONEYMOON)
    1999- ASMV
    2004- DCL-WONDER
    2005- CSR
    2002,03,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13, 14 F.W.
    2008-DCL WONDER (Double Dip)
    2010 DCL WONDER
    2013 DCL DREAM
    ș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Next Trip: F.W. December 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the value season starts until the end of July.

We have booked July 2008 already!

We had loop 600 this past Christmas and loved it because we could walk to the pool and campfire program. There was no bath house but you could use the one across the street. We rode our scooters or bikes to the boat dock and bus stop.

I have stayed in many loops and never been unhappy!

What part of July are you going, do you have ressies yet, and are you getting a golf cart?
    1973 FW(in mom's womb)1974-1994 too many! FW1997,1998, 2000 WL Jan.2001, CS June 2001, FW 2002, 2004, July 2005-No Kids!, CS Nov 2005 Free Lady Emily Trip, AM May 2006, FW Dec-Jan 2006-2007, FW June 2009, House off site 2012, FW Spring Break 2013, FW Spring Break 2016, Staybridge 2018 No kids! AP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bshaw96 View Post
    We are not new to Disney, but new to camping at Disney. My main question is what campsite area is best to get? We have our own bathroom in our camper, but WILL need the use of the showers, and would prefer the least crowd possible. (Are going in July, so hope it won't be as crowded as usual seeing as that's the value season for camping and it's so hot---but we could be wrong) Thanks for any input!!!!!!
    My personal recommendations would be the 700 loop, or perhaps the 100-200 loops. Both are near comfort stations.

The 700 loop is nice because it is about evenly distanced between the boat launches to MK and Meadow Trading Post/Pool. Word to the wise though: if you try to get that loop the last few sites (#'s 723-734) have a tendency to get a bit flooded out after heavy rains (just due to the lay of the land). Nothing too serious though unless you dislike huge puddles of water everywhere. The front end of the loop is fine and I personally recommend sites 704-722 (I've stayed in about half of those over the years). Another piece of advice: the comfort station for 700 is shared with 500 and is just across the road from the 700 loop (short walk).

The 100 loop has always been my personal preference just because of its immediate proximity to the entire Settlement Area (Boats, Trails End Restaurant, Settlement Trading Post). In addition to this, it's right near one of the main campground and outside destination bus transfer spots. It does make for a bit of a trek to the Meadow Area though, adding about 5 minutes walking time.

As for crowds at both comfort stations, neither one gets too crowded at any one time as there are about 6-8 showers in each and their fairly comfortable.
    WDW:
    -Fort Wilderness: 1987-2001, 2002-2006
    total - 172 days
    -Wilderness Lodge: 1995

Last: july 2006 FW
    next: May 2007 FW

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: