Quantcast Have you ever been stuck on a ride?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Have you ever been "stuck" on a ride??

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 97.50%
  • No

1 2.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you ever been stuck on a ride?

Okay, every now and than a ride does stop for others needing assistance getting on. I mean being stuck on a ride for 20 minutes or so. I don't know what trip it was but we were stuck on Peter Pan for about 20 minutes. I don't remember the reason, I know something technical. We were stuck over the the scene almost at the beginning it was the ariel view of the town with the lights and cars. I Would love to hear others stories.
    Next Trip: POP Century...September 16th to September 26th!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Lucky you getting stuck on Peter Pan!

My DH was stuck on Test Track for 22 minutes once. That is the only ride he has ever had experienced "shutting down" on him.

Other than the short little down times (for wheelchair transfers, etc) in Pooh, Snow White, etc, we really don't have that problem much!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Skway

DW and I were stuck on the Skyway for about 20 minutes several years ago. After that experience, we never rode it again.

We were about 30 feet from the end point.
    The cast members kept telling us to be calm, they would get us down. We were not really worried until they said "don't worry".

We had visions of being lifted out by crane.
    Thankfully, that did not happen. The ride started again and we swore never again.
    James

Post Thanks / Like

I have been stuck on splash mountain, Test Track,and Dinosaur. Definetly not fun!
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

We have had a number of small delays on some attractions such as the Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Car., and Peter Pan. We have only had one long delay and that was on Splash Mountain.

What is so frustrating is that in almost every case the delays were caused by guests doing things they weren't suppose to be doing. You know that is what happens because the ride stops and "the voice of God" booms out something like, "keep your arms in your boat'" or whatever.

When the stop happened on Splash Mountain it was caused by a couple of guests who decided to get out of the log and walk up to the sets! I don't remember exactly what scene we were in but I do remember that you could reach out and touch the "walkway" next to the boat. These two women were about three logs ahead of us and when the log stopped they hopped out. Needless to say the lights came on, the music stopped and the voice immediately yelled out.

What amazed me was how quickly the voice happened and also how quickly several Cast Members popped up out of nearby doorways! Unfortunately the two women involved were apparantly trying to prove some kind of point because they refused to cooperate with the CM's. The situation devolved into a shouting match by the women and the CM's basically dragging them out! To make matters worse for my family is that my two children who were about 10 and 9 at the time had to witness the entire thing! Needless to say my wife and I used that as an opportunity for a little education in proper behavior!

I also have to give the Cast Members a pat on the back for how well they handled the situation. One last thing that really impressed me is that one of the CM actually turned to the rest of us waiting in our logs and actually apologized for having our experience so rudely interupted! Needless to say we all gave the CM a round of applause!

Post Thanks / Like

Got stuck on several rides! The most memorable ones were being stuck on ToT for about 15 minutes - but it was very interesting to see them work on the ride vehicles with the lights on, LOL!
    More scary - got stuck at the highest point of Indiana Jones before you go into the loop in DLRP! After about 20 minutes we had to climb down very steep steps (ladder like) and I am NOT good with hights. To make things worse I had two of my students with me!
    DL: 92, 93, 94, 96, 97, 2000, 2006
    DLRP: 98, 99, 2000, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 WDW: 00, 02, 03, 04, 05: POR, PCR 06: YCR, OKW 07: P0R, ASMo, OKW , 08: POR, POP
    09: WDW and DCL Aug 15 to Sept 12 (can't beat free dining), CBR, OKW

Post Thanks / Like

We have been stuck on Snow White and TTA. The TTA was the longest, probably about a half hour to 40 minutes. Snow White was just a few minutes.
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

We got stuck on Soarin for 30 minutes. Computers went down and they had a hard time getting us down. It was a little scarry sitting way up there. We were in row 1 so we were up very high.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

I got stuck on the Great Movie Ride. After about 1/2 hour (with the guide CM trying to do standup comedy), they turned on the lights and pulled built-in stairs out from the cars. We climbed down and were walked out to the exit. Unfortunately, we were almost at the end of the ride when it broke down, so I didn't get to see much backstage stuff.

Another time, I got stuck in the Carousel of Progress and got to listen/watch one scene 4 times before they got it going again. By the 3rd time, people were reciting the script along with the "actors"!

Post Thanks / Like

We had a great delay. We were on Kilimanjaro Safaris. I don't know what was keeping us from moving, apparently animals in front of a vehicle in front of us, but it was great to watch the animals along side of us. My guess is that we were "stuck" for about 20 minutes.
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

We weren't stuck on a ride, but waiting for one b/c of thunder & lightening. We were told it would be about 20 minutes, and since we were in queue, we decided not to lose our space, as lines were long. Well, 20 minutes turned into about 45, and we were right next to the speaker in the rocks that tells the story of Bre'r Rabbit, narrated by James Earl Jones. Can I just tell you that even now, 10 years later, my DH and I will quote the beginning of that story to each other and laugh??
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Great responses so far! I think the best is stuck on Soarin'! I cannot imagine being stuck that high up! Were the lights turned on so you could see down??
    Next Trip: POP Century...September 16th to September 26th!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I got stuck on Dinasour once does that count?
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

We have been stuck on TT, Living with the Land, and Splash Mountain.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

pogo Guest

Stuck on Splash while on the uphill climb before the big drop. It was our first time riding it and the expression on my DW's face was priceless.

Post Thanks / Like

DW and I were stuck on Nemo and Friends in the tunnel with the flashing lights, listening to crush say, "huh huh hear we go", over and over again.

Post Thanks / Like

We've been stuck on so many rides. Spash Mountain, three times(once halfway up to the big drop with my nervous daughter). Carousel of Progress(through the same scene three times, memorized dialogue, still quote it). Pirates of the Caribbean, 4 times(by the dog with the keys once for twenty minutes). Spaceship Earth, twice(once right when the cars turn to go down backward). Haunted Mansion(kids behind us fooling around made CMs stop the ride in three different spots).

And once we were evacuated from Space Mountain just as we sat down because cars collided on the ride and someone had a hurt ankle(but minor injury). We left with the lights on and got fastpasses to ride again any time the next day. Ran into EMTs coming in a back door on the way out.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We've been stuck on ToT, Dinosaur, Spaceship Earth and Ellen's Universe of Energy. On Ellen's ride we all had to walk out

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been stuck on Pirates and Space Mountain.

Pirates was when I was my parents and we stopped for about 10 mins in the middle of the boat fight scene prior to the rehab so you could see how big the room really was and how much water was around you. Then again later on just before you turn to head through the last tunnel. The Cm's apologized to us on our way out for the delay.

On Space Mountain I was hanging out in MK when mom was back at Pop. We boarded our cars went around the first bend/tunnel then just as we began going up hill we stopped suddenly and the cars all snapped back a bit. Not only did it snap my back but it made my lap bar tighten. we were stuck for 30 mins and then got to ride through with the lights on. They offered to let us ride it again and I said no as did the others. After seeing it with the lights on I never want to ride it again until it is updated and less jerky.
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the lights were on and you could look down!!!!
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: