Quantcast disney's celebration

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default disney's celebration

My wife and I once talked about that disney was planning on building a little town that would be somehow connected to disney world. Does anyone know if that has that ever started or been completed ?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Correct me if I'm wrong, there is a town called Celebration that was started by Disney just east of WDW. A few years ago we visited the community because my DW wants to move there and we were curious.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

As far as I know you are talking about the little
    town near WDW that is called Celebration. We
    have never visited there but I would like to see
    what it is all about sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

We drove through there once a few years ago and i remember the grass was real green and none of the lawns had anything in them.There was a school there if i remember right plus all size houses along with apartments there. There was several little parks in the middle of the houses.. It looked real nice there..
    Me and Goofy r Goofie for each other !!!!!
    first visit 1978,1981,84,88,96,97,99,2000,02(honeymoon),04,09, looking 4 the next trip in 13! o the pain of the wait!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

I am absolutely in love with Celebration. My DW and I lived in an apartment after years of yearning to move in to Celebration. Then my work transferred me to Maryland!!!

Imagine the old Leave It To Beaver TV shows - that is Celebration. White picket fences, great and friendly neighbors, a community unto itself. The schools at Celebration are some of the best in Central Florida.

The downtown area is absolutely great! It is centered around a large lake that has boats for rent in the summer and a walking path around it. There is a small movie theater that ussually has atleast one family-friendly movie playing, great restaurants including a dinner and an ice cream shop, and wonderful small shops that you can get almost everything.

They have really captured the small town feel. There are community events that are planned on a regular basis. They go above and beyond for special occasions. For the fall festival, they used to shut down Main Street downtown and blow leaves off the roofs for the kids to play in. For Christmas, they shut down Main Street again, and have a winter wonderland set up with photos with Santa, igloos and a scheduled snow fall (soap bubbles, but the effect is great and the kids love it!). The decorations that the residents put up for Christmas are to die for!

The parks and nature/walking trails are great! My family had a reunion while we live there and had a blast relaxing, picnicing, and playing wiffleball at one of the parks - for free!

Real estate can be a tad pricey when compared with the rest of Orlando. Townhomes and duplexes start at about $300K. Condo's start at about $200.

I miss it dearly!
    It is my dream to one day pilot the monorails around the Seven Seas Lagoon....where's my star!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Disney sell off that property a short time ago?
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Not that I am aware of. The last I heard was that they were still expanding. It is prohibitively expensive though.
    It is my dream to one day pilot the monorails around the Seven Seas Lagoon....where's my star!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: