Quantcast Our April Trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our April Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our April Trip

Hi intercot friends. Well we got in last night about 10:30 pm. We checked in at the POP no lines no waiting. Just as we got to our room last night the sky opened up with a big old rain and lightening storm. This morning we got out early about 7:15 and head over to Olivia's for breakfast. Very nice place to eat breakfast quiet and no crowds at all this time of morning.
    We both had the sweet potatoe and ham hash with poached eggs we both enjoyed this and thought it was very good. After breakfast we beat it on over to the MK being early entry we wanted to check out the new Pirates before it got busy. We walked right on this, JC, and Tiki room with no wait at all this morning. Then we took a quick break for a dole whip before heading over to Tomorrow Land. Here we grabed a fast pass for buzz and then did TTA and COP both with no wait. After COP our time was up for the fast pass so we did Buzz. From here we headed over to Mickey Philharmagic and again hit it just right to walk right in. Then on to iasmw, and HM, after this we did some browsing at the christmas shoppe and then headed over to Casey's for a dog and fries. We carried this over to the terrace and sat and caught the tale end of the stage show while we chowed on the dogs and fries. After this we strolled our way out it was about 1:00 pm and getting very busy wait times where pushing 30 to 40 minutes on most things. Now we are back in the room for some down time. I can not get myself too tired now so we will go back out to EPCOT after the sun goes down for a few things and bite to eat someplace. Will fill you in on this later!
    Jan-2006-POP
    Mar- 2003-Grand Californian, 2006-AKL
    Apr- 2004-ASM, CS, 2007-POP
    Sept-2005-CR
    Oct- 2005-CR
    Nov-2005-POR
    Dec- 2001-CS, 2002-AKL, 2004-POP, AKL, 2005 POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Thanks so much...

for the live trip report! Can't wait to read more!
    Visits:

Buena Vista Palace ~ Dec. 1987
    All-Star Movies ~ June 2002
    Port Orleans Riverside ~ April 2007
    POP! Century ~ July 2008

FOREVER LET US HOLD OUR BANNER HIGH!

Jill

Proud member of the Mickey Mouse Club

Post Thanks / Like

sounds good so far. Thanks for sharing.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks for sharing

For some reason I'm tired and hungry. Hurry and get over to EPCOT so we can eat again. Sounds like a great start to your vaca.
    Lanny
    Have been going to WDW since 1981
    Have a Great Day
    Health and Happiness to all Disney Freaks

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooo goodie! I love LIVE reports! Thanks for taking the time to do this...it's like being there right along with you!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

This is going to be fun. You're only one Dole Whip in, and we're hearing about it.

You've only been at the World for 1/2 day and you've been on several of "the greats". We always try to ride POTC then Mickey's PhilHarmagic first thing, and I am always dazzled from the "get go". You've got a great start.

ON TO EPCOT! We're with you.

pogo Guest

Wow..... good start, minus the rain.

I can't wait to read more. Tell me how nice it is there. I'll be there next week at this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a terrific first day. Thanks for sharing it live with us!!
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey!! We're here too Aren't you glad we left behind that nasty New England weather? Have a great trip!!
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for bringing the magic to us live! Looking forward to reading more.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff View Post
    Ooooo goodie! I love LIVE reports! Thanks for taking the time to do this...it's like being there right along with you!
    I was just going to post the same thing!!!!
    June 26-July 6 2009 POP
    May 11-20 2007 POP
    May 4-8 2006 POP (w/ 70 yr/o parents)
    Nov 25-Dec 4 2005 CBR
    June 2-6 2005 POP (Star Wars)
    Nov 26-Dec 3 2004 POFQ
    Aug 21-28 2003 CBR
    June 13-21 2002 POFQ
    Sept 21-29 2001 CBR (Surprise Trip)
    Sept 20-30 2000 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella's Lady in Waiting View Post
    I was just going to post the same thing!!!!
    Me too, how weird! Like word for word!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Default second report

Well once we got up from our nap about 6:00pm we head over to EPCOT since it was open until midnight. We had originally tried to get reservation for dinner before our naps at the restaurant in Mexico but it was sold out. We where not surprised by this, a busy time and an extra magic hour and all. The first thing we did once we got here was to head rite over to the living sea's with Nemo. The new ride here is very cute if you like the Nemo movie and we where able to walk rite on with no waits this time of night. Then we headed on over too Living with the land and took the boat ride which is all automated now. We thought it was much better being automated then with a live person. After this we decided to get something to eat at the season's food court rite in the land. We both had an asian 2 item entry. Our choices where spicy thai chicken and mongolian beef with white rice and noodles. We both thought this was above average for asian for at WDW with the exception of maybe a little too much salt since we are not salt eaters it is more noticeable to us when there is plenty. From here we headed into the soarin ride. The sign said 30 minutes wait took about 15 minutes. Fun ride but since its in the air it makes Casey a little nervous. From here we head on over to Test track but that had a 60 minute wait so we skipped it and went to space ship earth which was walk on. By now it was about 10:30 so we decided to call it a night and head back to the hotel since we had a 7:30 breakfast reservation at Boma.
    So we started today out at 6:30am and made it to our breakfast reservation at Boma just at 7:30 we where actually the first ones seated with this being a breakfast buffet the food was all very fresh and good since we where first of the day. From breakfast we headed rite into animal kingdom park. We spent the from about 8:30 am until 5:00 pm here it was very cool this morning when we got here but by late afternoon it was 89 degrees again. We spent the day doing all off the usual animal watching plus the following shows. The live Nemo show was just amazing this new show in our opinion is a winner. We could have watched it again. We also did the lion king, flights of wonder, tough to be a bug, Kilimanjaro saffari's, we also caught the afternoon parade on of our favorites. We had lunch at Flame tree Casey did the smoked chicken with beans and corn, I did the chicken salad we both split a key lime pie.
    Jan-2006-POP
    Sept-2005-CR
    Oct- 2005-CR
    Nov-2005-POR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Third report

We where up and at it again this morning at 6:30 am for breakfast at the Kona cafe. I had eggs benny which was ok and Casey had a ham and cheese omelets that he liked. Then it was off too MGM studios. The first thing we did was voyage of the mermaid, then the great movie ride, from here we caught the muppets 3d and then the light motor action stunt show. After this it was lunch time and we got lunch at the ABC commissary. I had the curry chicken and rice which I thought was very good and Casey had a plain old WDW cheese burger. From here we went to watch the Indiana Jones stunt show. We are now back at the room and I think this will be about it for the day time to rest and relax by the pool a little.
    Jan-2006-POP
    Sept-2005-CR
    Oct- 2005-CR
    Nov-2005-POR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by merlinmagic4 View Post
    Aren't you glad we left behind that nasty New England weather? Have a great trip!!
    You picked a great time to go - Perfect weather to miss going on up here!! Wish I was down there, too!!

Thanks so much for sharing your live reports with us - seems like we're all right there with you. (Wish I could taste that Dole Whip, though... ) Your day @ AK sounded great... my favorite park!! Glad to hear the new show is so good - can't wait to see it.

Glad to hear you're relaxing by the pool - you deserve it!! Can't wait to hear more...
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you're having a wonderful trip so far! Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to check in with us!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

What a terrific report. Thanks so very much for sharing!

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Wooohoooo Live reports are so awesome!! Thanks for sharing with us!

The crowds sound decent which pleases me as this time next week I will be there myself!
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report #4

The crowds have not been bad at all. I thought MGM was rather quiet today myself. I have seen much bigger crowds when visiting the first week of December. None of the shows where really packed. The cast members where not even giving the order to move to the end of the row today. We ate at the POP food court this evening. I had mom's fried chicken. This is the first time I have had this and I must say the chicken and mashed potatoes where excellent. The weather is still very warm and muggy this evening, but I am not missing what they say is headed into my home state. I am gald to be here and miss two late winter storms in the northeast. A couple of things I forgot to mention earlier where that we saw mulch sweat and sheers, and the new high school pep rally show while at MGM. They do offer a lot of street shows here you never know what you will run into when you turn a corner in this park. At breakfast this morning we got talking with our server her name was Jackie very nice lady. She told us that this summer will be her 30th year at WDW work in the Kona cafe I found this totally amazing I would not expect this in this type of service industry. On another note we got a towel dog in our window today this was a nice surprise when we got back this afternoon.
    Jan-2006-POP
    Sept-2005-CR
    Oct- 2005-CR
    Nov-2005-POR

Post Thanks / Like

Default 5th report

Good afternoon everyone. We started our day off late we changed our 6:30 am breakfast adr at Concourse Steakhouse to 9:00 am this gave us some extra time to sleep in. We both had eggs benedict which we both enjoyed along with a sticky Mickey starter. After breakfast we went to EPCOT to check out the world show case. The first thing we did though was Ellen’s energy adventure. Once finished with this we headed for test track but it had closed because there had been a downpour while we had been in Ellen’s. There was deep standing water every where. So we headed into world show case since it had just opened first stop Mexico. We walked onto the boat ride with no wait. I do not think that I am impressed with the changes to this ride. I am still thinking it over in my mind but I think that they over did the three cabalero's . From here we continued on around the world show case browsing and shopping. We got to the American Adventure just in time for the 12:45 show. When we went into the theater it was in the low 80’s and muggy when we came out it had gone down into the low 70’s with a chilly wind I was looking for a jacket brrrrr but anything is better than the weather at home. We continued our jaunt around the show case stopping in France for the movie and a treat. We got to Canada in time to catch off Kilter. Well that’s basically it for now we have dinner at Artist point tonight always a treat.
    Jan-2006-POP
    Sept-2005-CR
    Oct- 2005-CR
    Nov-2005-POR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: