Quantcast Question for those who work/worked for WDW.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for those who work/worked for WDW.

Does it ruin anything for you?

My biggest fear about working for the company would be that I would be working in my place to get away from everything. Does that make sense? Is it still your happy place?
    DisneyMomx2 (aka Jen)
    Proud Mommy to
    Amanda and Alyssa.
    "Been there, done that, GOIN BACK!!!!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really...

But, I think it depends on the CM. If a CM is a true CM, then I don't think it matters. If it's just a job, then I do think it can impact your attitude. Backstage really isn't all that magical, and in many cases it's shocking the differences between on-stage and backstage.

Post Thanks / Like

If anything it made me like Disney even more. It was tough at times and it is a job but your still at WDW! On day's off I would visit the parks and it was great sitting on a bench at the end of the night and watch everyone running around for one last ride or purchase . I would just sit there and think, "I live here!!" I do think it does depend on the CM though. Some don't like the job and associate the job with everything disney but I would go so far as to say that the employees are some of Disney's biggest fans.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jray21 View Post
    ... I would go so far as to say that the employees are some of Disney's biggest fans.
    You may be right. After all is said and done, I'm fairly certain if you look at the number, Disney CM probably spend most of their extra money at Disney. While a lot of their budget is salary, I would be tthat a lot of that comes right back to the company through purchases made on Disney product.

Post Thanks / Like

I worked at DLR not WDW but that "feeling" never went away...not before, not during and DEFINITELY not now...
    ~Rhi~

Former Disneyland CM - 1997-1998
    All Star Sports - April 2002
    POFQ Disneymoon - July 2005

Post Thanks / Like

From the first time I saw that Castle in 1971, working as a CM in "Water Craft" on the waters of Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon from 1973 - 1979. I have grown up at Disney. Now 600 miles away, DW and I need a Disney fix every year. Spent numerous anniversaries, birthdays, etc...any excuse to see the mouse.
    DW 50th birthday, our 24th anniversary and my birthday celebration late Sept/Oct in the plans. I LOVE WDW.
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I spent all my days off at the park! If anything being able to take my time and "smell the roses." I was able to see all the things that I would never see if I was on vacation.

It is so cool because you never have to prioritize the things that you want to see when you are only there for a week.

You also get to make magic for other people and that makes even more magic for you.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

It didn't ruin anything for me. I was afraid it would since I was going to be working at MK, which is my favorite park. I love it even more now.
    Next trip: May 29-June 5 2007, Caribbean Springs Resort
    Previous Trips: May 2005 POFQ; May 2004 Off-site with 50 Elementary Schoolers; September 2002: Contemporary Resort; March 2002 Off-site; May 2001 Animal Kingdom Lodge; March-June 2000: Vista Way, WDWCP

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: