Quantcast Which Villa to Choose? ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Villa to Choose? ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE!!

I'm trying to decide which Villa to choose. The choice is between Wilderness Villas or the Boardwalk Villas. I am wanting to stay somewhere where there is one bedroom and a full kitchen. Anybody out there have any experiences that you would like to share. Thanks so much!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

All of the DVC one bedroom Villas all have a separate bedroom with a king sized bed, a huge bathroom with jacuzzi, a living room and full kitchen.
    Which one you choose depends on where you want to be located, which resort has the theming you prefer, etc. The actual units are identical, except for decor.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed both places. Both have pluses. The Boardwalk is great for the proximity to Epcot's International Gateway which is a quick walk to the resort and easy exit after Illuminations. The Wilderness Lodge villas seem more laid back to me, and I enjoyed them more since I didn't have the hubbub of the Boardwalk beneath my window (although that wasn't really noisy!). I just liked the atmosphere better, but the transportation (buses) wasn't as good at the WLVs. It all depends on what you're looking for. I'm sure you will have a great time whichever you choose. Have Fun!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh, my two favorites!! I generally lean towards the Boardwalk b/c I like being able to walk to a lot of places and I love the slide in the pool area.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

I've also stayed at both. The BWV's are great because you can walk to Epcot. WLV's are closer to MK and have a boat that will take you there or to the Contemporary. Both have great themed pools. The 1 BR's are practically identical except for decor. I would give the slight edge to WLV's because I love the theming there. If you want quiet (WL) or middle of the action (BW) will also depend.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

It's already been stated, but the villas are essentially identical except for the theming and location.

I love the theme of the Wilderness Lodge - I feel it's Disney's crowning achievement in a resort. It's just so Disney...

However, I prefer the BW due to the location. We almost always stay at an "EPCOT area resort" and do so on purpose. We dine (almost) every night in EPCOT. Plus we love coming back to the BW and the entertainment - our kids just eat it up.

Good luck - you essentially can't go wrong at either place!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Villa

Easy... One Bedroom Villa at the Boardwalk.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the WL villas in Feb. They were huge, and I liked being close to the MK alot. However, I could not get used to the heavily themed WL villas. I so prefer something light, bright, and airy. I did not feel like I was in Florida at all!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: