Quantcast POP or Caribbean Beach?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: POP or Caribbean Beach Resort?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • POP

15 27.27%
  • CBR

40 72.73%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default POP or Caribbean Beach?

If you had the choice and not even considereing the price difference, would you stay at the POP or Caribbean Beach Resort?
    I've never been to either and I don't know which is better. Which is quieter?
    1985 Contemporary
    1988 Contemporary
    1993 Polynesian
    1995 Polynesian
    2001 Polynesian
    2005 Wilderness Lodge Cabins
    April/May 2007 Pop Century

Let His Light Shine

God Bless VT, Go Hokies!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

A moderate will almost always be quieter than a value since the vast number of families with children stay at values, with the possible exception of POR since a lot of families like the trundle bed option there. Moderates and deluxes tend (and it's only a trend, not a hard rule) to be made up more of couples and families with older children.

No resort is bad, though.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at both and for me there's no contest. I'd have even picked CBR over the Poly or the GF!!
    CBR is so beautiful. POP is great for nostalgia, so have a visit,but CBR is "home"!
    Frequent WDW visitor since 1976!
    Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age.And dreams are forever.....

Post Thanks / Like

Pop is my favorite value and CBR is one of my favorite moderates. If I could stay at either I would pick the moderate. But we are staying at Pop in 25 days

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up CBR gets my vote!

I have never stayed at a value resort, but just want to say that CBR is just wonderful for the money. It's very quiet (at least in the building we've always stayed -- Jamaica), beautifully themed, convenient and nicely spread out. The landscaping is gorgeous, the food court/shopping area is excellent and the themed pool is a lot of fun.

We love CBR!
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Well be at the CBR in about 32 days.We love this resort.The Pop is a good value for the money and a nice resort for what it is but no comparison to the CBR.I have to agree with tinkerbelle75 for the most part.Even though I love the Poly,I can stay at CBR for more than half the cost and it's truly a beautiful resort,if it only had a monorail.
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

Ive stayed at the CBR and i can recommend it if you want peace and quiet as they have private pools as well as a lovely relaxed atmosphere ..Then this is the place

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I would pick CBR over Pop any day as well. I have never stayed at Pop but the CBR theme is relaxing. I just love the too in Old Port Royale.

WDW trips 76-77 off site 78-83 Vacation Villas 85,88, Club Lake Villas 88-89-91,95,99-00,03-05,07-08,09-11 Caribbean Beach 96-98,02 Boardwalk Villas 06 Boardwalk Inn/
    Go Boilers!![/FONT]

Long Island, New York (1131 miles for the magic!)
    Post Thanks / Like

No contest...CBR! I love the atmosphere! Quiet pools, Old Port Royale, Music, the lake..it is so nice. I prefer staying in Jamaica or Aruba because walking over that bridge and through the pathway to Old Port Royale is beautiful...especially early morning when the sun is rising!
    77'-79' Offsite
    80' Contemporary
    83' Golf Resort
    90' Caribbean Beach
    96' All Star Sports
    99' Wilderness Lodge
    01' All Star Sports
    02' Coronado Springs
    03' Port Orleans Riverside
    04' Caribbean Beach
    07' Buena Vista Palace - Downtown Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I have not stayed at either resort. Actually, I have never stayed at any value or any moderate (okay, now I just sound like a snob!...but I promise I'm not!)

I would take the CBR over the POP any day.

According to the Unofficial Guide, the values have room sizes of about 260 square feet, and the moderates are about 314 square feet.

I personally am not crazy about the theming of any of the values. They theme mainly by using giant icons, which is fun, but I prefer the way they theme at the moderates and values.

I've wanted to stay at CBR for a long time. I like the concept. I'm staying there in October. I can't wait!
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I would probably vote for CBR. I have never stayed at the POP but I have stayed at the ASMU. It was too loud for us. However, my DS who was about 6 at the time loved the decor.
    We have stayed at the CBR it was much better in regards to the noise levels. My DS (now 14) and myself, liked this resport and would stay there again. That said, my DH did not like it very much - however he is very picky when it comes to his resorts.

First trip 1972
    Last trip 7/11
    Next trip 6/12

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think any of the values can be considered quiet- too many families with kiddos in a small area. CBR is more spread out so there will likely be more walking, but that means it is much quieter. I've stayed at both and while I enjoyed both, I prefer CBR.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

We have stayed at both, we would choose CBR over POP. It:s quiter, more relaxing. The theming is great., the quiet pools are wonderful. The landscaping is beautiful and tranquil.
    [*]2013 POR[*]2012 Swan / AKL[*]2011 POFQ[*]2009 AS MUSIC FAMILY SUITE[*]2008 POFQ[*]2007 POLY/ POFQ[*]2006 AS MUSIC[*]2005 AS MOVIES[*]2004 POP CENTURY[*]2003 AS MOVIES[*]2000 POFQ / 3 DAYS ON WONDER[*]1998 AS MUSIC[*]2 off site trips in High School[/LIST]

Post Thanks / Like

We love Pop because it's exciting-- the intense colors and nostalgic icons. I've never stayed @ CBR but my parents have while I was @ okw and I visited their room. I have trouble looking at it w/o the price difference and I don't spend enough time in the room to notice the difference with the noise level.
    If you were looking for quiet I would say don't go POP, even the name is noisy...
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at both, and both are very nice. However, the moderates are always quieter and laid back. I have a suspicion my DKs would pick POP or AS for the theming. But, they do love the water slides at the mods and deluxe. If money's no object, go for the moderate.

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

We love the POP but have to say that given a choice with money not a factor, I would have to choose CBR. It is absolutely beautiful!! Plus, it is a lot quieter and more serene.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

CBR all the way! I love that resort! I love the charm and beauty of it!!! It's definetely home to me! I spent two months straight there and I wouldn't have picked a better resort to work at!
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post

According to the Unofficial Guide, the values have room sizes of about 260 square feet, and the moderates are about 314 square feet.

Actually CBR has the largest rooms of any moderate at 340 square feet. We didn't notice much of a size difference between our room at CBR and the one at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ages of kids??

Depends on the ages of the children...
    My children loved the slide with the moderates but they like everything else at POP.
    Me personally I like the moderate because its not so kidsy.. and a little adult mood is nice.
    But for the price... I would pick POP because you can stay one or two more days for the price of that moderate and if I can stay longer... I am SOLD!

lockedoutlogic Guest

The moderates in general are the least economical of choices in resorts....

That being said: Caribbean is the WORST...no question.....

maybe it's because it's the oldest, no elevators, smallish main pool area, ridiculously spread out, overgrown and humid on hot days, seperate area for check in, bad bus system with too many stops....

need I go on?

Take it from someone who has been on both sides of the curtain at CBR......this place is not as good as advertised.

However, it could have charm if you're into that style...and it sports a large number of quiet pools...if unimaginative. The food is ok...though the Dinner only sitdown is a bad setup. There are some good things...but not as many as the other moderates...and for a 149 starting price....it is a complete ripoff.

SO I would take any all-star, POP, and Definitely the other 3 moderates over caribbean...if those were my choices.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: