Quantcast ...And I closed my eyes and hit send!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ...And I closed my eyes and hit send!

Well we found out that we weren't going to be able to get the room we wanted at the Wilderness Lodge thanks to the free dining. So we had a decision to make: Get a different room at WL or look some where else. So we looked at all the options and decided to stay at the Poly.

The hard part was e-mailing Magical Journeys to cancel the WL and book the Poly. It was almost painful! But in the end we decided it was for the best ...and I closed my eyes and hit the send button.

So now I'm mourning over the loss of the WL and at the same time am really excited about staying at the Poly! So all you Poly fans out there, please convince me that we'll be okay at the Poly. I'm just a little nervous about staying there.

Thanks for listening!
    Alicia

1980 & 1984 - Off site
    1990 & May 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    Jan 2001 (honeymoon) and Nov 2004 - Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Sept 2007 - Polynesian Resort

Next Trip: May 2010 - Polynesian (for our 10 year anniversary)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Poly is the best hotel on Disney property IMO. Sitting on the beach sipping melon coladas is the die for. That hotel is serious my happy place. I'll be there on May 24th. You will have a wonderful time. Be sure to try Ohana's, the food is great. Kona cafe is also a great little place to eat. You have made the best choice there is to make!!! Have Fun!!!
    ºoººoºJessica Dºoººoº

October 2011
    Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

You are SO Lucky!!! I haven't stayed at the Poly in years because the rates have just become SO expensive. I really hope to stay there again sometime soon because it's my favorite Disney resort. The Great Ceremonial House, the Volcano Pool, the Monorail, beautiful MK views...**SIGH** I wish I was staying there!
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
    You are SO Lucky!!! I haven't stayed at the Poly in years because the rates have just become SO expensive. I really hope to stay there again sometime soon because it's my favorite Disney resort. The Great Ceremonial House, the Volcano Pool, the Monorail, beautiful MK views...**SIGH** I wish I was staying there!
    I know it must sound bad for me to say "poor me, I can't stay at the WL but I can at the Poly." It's fortunate that we have the option to go there. It so hard to switch resorts though once you've set your heart on one. We were looking forward to staying in the newly renovated rooms at WL and it holds a sentimental place in our hearts since that's where we spent our honeymoon. But we're always open to try new things so this will be a new adventure for us.
    Alicia

1980 & 1984 - Off site

Post Thanks / Like

Poly beats WL hands down! IMO there is no comparison between the two. As mjaclyn said:
    Quote Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
    The Great Ceremonial House, the Volcano Pool, the Monorail, beautiful MK views
    For these reasons alone it is a far better resort. If I could afford to, we would stay there averytime, although I might have a fight with my DW over the BWI!

You made a good choice, now just relax and enjoy your trip.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

I've never stayed at the Poly or WL. My wife and I would love to try the Poly and I would love to try the WL as well (DW isn't so sure about WL though). Either way if you need a WL fix you can always go there and visit there and plan a meal or something that you did on your honeymoon at the WL.
    November 1997 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    November 1999 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    February 2002 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Honeymoon!)
    October 2006 - Old Key West (1st Trip with kids!)
    December 2008 - Old Key West (The not-so-great trip)
    October 2011

Post Thanks / Like

LOVE the Polynesian!! My family has stayed twice and will stay again any time. The theming is great, service is friendly and the MK view is amazing. I love walking around at night with the tiki torches and Polynesain music. The great Cerimonial house has some great places to eat and a good coffee bar as well. Being able to walk to TTC to hop on the monorail to EPCOT is really easy as well.
    I could go on and on it is my favorite!!!

Google tikiman2001 and it will give you a really great Poly web site to help you see what you've gotten your self into

Have fun, you've made a wise choice, now let the countdown begin and ENJOY!!!
    Tracy ºOº

1995 Grand Floridian for honeymoon
    2004 Polynesian LVC (three kids later)
    2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    figured out the secret...
    2008 DVC member AKV

2009 Saratoga Springs/ Boardwalk Villa
    2009 VWL/ AKV... 2 trips in 1 year..love my DVC!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lehman Family View Post
    I've never stayed at the Poly or WL. My wife and I would love to try the Poly and I would love to try the WL as well (DW isn't so sure about WL though). Either way if you need a WL fix you can always go there and visit there and plan a meal or something that you did on your honeymoon at the WL.
    I was going to suggest the same thing. We too are WL fans but are staying at Poly on our upcoming trip. We are planning on having dinner at WCC (kids love it) and spending some time in the WL atmosphere. Still, I am so looking forward to the Poly atmosphere (and memories of HI!) Have a great trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm staying at the Poly for the first time in July and I can't wait
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

I am the complete oposite of you. I wanted to stay again at the Poly but my sister who is coming with us this year has never been to WDW and really wants to stay at WL. So I am thinking "I hope I like the WL as much as I do the Poly!!" Poly is fantastic!!! The transporation can't be beat and the grounds are beautiful!!!
    Deb
    2012 Jan ALSM
    2011 July POFQ
    2010 July POR
    2009-Oct 3 days POFQ
    2009-June POFQ
    2008-Aug OKW
    2007-June WL
    2007-Jan POFQ
    2006-July Polynesian
    2005-June OKW
    2004-July BCV
    2004-Jan off site
    2003-July FWC
    2003-Dec/Jan CS
    2002-June OKW
    2000-July POFQ
    1999-July OKW
    1998-July OKW
    Have a Disney Day!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by castlelady36 View Post
    I am the complete oposite of you. I wanted to stay again at the Poly but my sister who is coming with us this year has never been to WDW and really wants to stay at WL. So I am thinking "I hope I like the WL as much as I do the Poly!!" Poly is fantastic!!! The transporation can't be beat and the grounds are beautiful!!!
    Lol! Well I can definately tell you that we have really ejoyed our times at the WL. It's a completely different atmosphere but it's still very nice. As the day goes on I'm feeling better about our decision. I think we're really going to enjoy the Poly!
    Alicia

1980 & 1984 - Off site

tink55 Guest

I used to be hooked on the Epcot resorts and didn't want to try Poly. But when I finally did - I loved it! The rooms are huge, and the decor is all new, with flat screen TVs. The pool, the beach, and the view of MK are beautiful. And Kona Cafe is now our favorite place to eat in all of WDW.

Try it, you'll like it!

pogo Guest

We loved staying at the Poly last April. Every thing about the resort makes you feel like you are in the South Pacific. I promise you, you will love it !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cinderella crazy View Post
    The hard part was e-mailing Magical Journeys to cancel the WL and book the Poly. It was almost painful! But in the end we decided it was for the best ...and I closed my eyes and hit the send button.

I'm still glad that you had to do that instead of me!

The funny thing is that after losing the WL to the fact that no more courtyard or woods view rooms were available for our week, that the Poly was the only other thing that we really wanted for our budget. We didn't want to go back to the AKL because of the construction, and we didn't want standard view rooms at the YC or BC (too many bad views). And the GF and YC/BC water view are just too high. So we sort of fell into the Poly.

I'm sure we'll have a great time there though, and I'm sure we'll see the WL again soon enough...
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget the Poly had a big refurb just a year or two ago.. They got the 4star hotel rating back again. I've not been there since the refurb but I've heard it's great

Relax... you did the right thing.. Let us know what you thought...

Scott
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007
    GF June 2014 (25th Anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

We love the Poly and are the opposite with you. We are staying at the WL for the first time and I have a feeling we are going to really miss the Poly. I just love the atmosphere there. I can only say good things about the Poly. The grounds, the pools, the monorail, the rooms, the beach, the view of the castle, the fireworks, it's all the best! Your going to have the best time! I am hoping we are going to love the WL as much as the Poly.
    Poly 2004-2009 LVC
    WL Villas May 2007
    DC Wonder 2010/Poly GVC
    DC Dream 2011/Poly LVC
    Poly LVC 2012
    Contemporary Dec. 2012
    July 2013 Poly GVC
    Poly GVC 2014
    Poly Club April 2015
    AKL Royal Asante Suite 2015
    October Poly Club 2015
    Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf Club April 2016
    Poly Club Dec 2016

Post Thanks / Like

We did the WL last year and it's a great hotel but in our opinion the Poly is quite a bit better.

The Poly has the monorail, awesome themeing(especially at night), a great view of the MK(especially firworks), a great beach to sit on, a great pool and is so relaxing. Plus I have never seen a staff so friendly.

We stayed in the Tokelau building which is relatively close to the cermonial hoouse plus it butts up to the lagoon. We stayed there when my daughter was 2 and we would spend every night watching the MK fireworks from the Tokelau balcony while my DW rested with my infant son.

As a family with four kids the Poly is a little out of our budget range for the time being otherwise I would stay here every year.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

You will LOVE the Poly!
    Kristi Kay
    2003 CP Cast Member

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
    –Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceship Tigger View Post
    I'm still glad that you had to do that instead of me!

The funny thing is that after losing the WL to the fact that no more courtyard or woods view rooms were available for our week, that the Poly was the only other thing that we really wanted for our budget. We didn't want to go back to the AKL because of the construction, and we didn't want standard view rooms at the YC or BC (too many bad views). And the GF and YC/BC water view are just too high. So we sort of fell into the Poly.

I'm sure we'll have a great time there though, and I'm sure we'll see the WL again soon enough...
    What? DO my eyes deceive me? I never thought I would see the day... Spaceship Tigger(Mike) staying at the Poly!?! You're going to love it! I hope. We sure do. Have a fantastic trip!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    What? DO my eyes deceive me? I never thought I would see the day... Spaceship Tigger(Mike) staying at the Poly!?! You're going to love it! I hope. We sure do. Have a fantastic trip!
    It wasn't my fault! I swear! It was all DW's doing!

Just kidding, of course.

I'm sure it will be great. As long as we get a balcony room. And don't face a parking lot. Don't worry, our requests have been made (Tokelau).
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

Share This Thread On Social Media: