Quantcast The Ryan's do Disney Again, Day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Ryan's do Disney Again, Day 2

Our cast of characters remains the same

Day 2- Stitch wakes me up at 6:00 and DH and the boys are having a tough time waking up, but we manage to be on our way at 7:00. We are detoured through Epcot and cant figure out why until we see all of the inline skaters. We valet park at the CR, if you have the DDE card valet parking is free, this is something we always try to remember when dining at other resorts, we are about 10min late to Chef Mickey's but are still seated within 5min. Breakfast is good as usual and we leave Chef Mickeys around 8:30 and head to the monorail. The front of the monorail is empty and were are able to ride along with the driver to MK. We enter MK around 8:45 and honestly at this point its not crowded at all.(MK was opening at 8 all week) DS(14) even commented that this was the time to come to the parks, coming from a teenager who could sleep his day away that says something.

WE proceed on our normal route, towards Buzz Lightyear,but stop along the way to see if we can find a nickle that DH hide when he was there for a conference in march. We ride Buzz Lightyear with no wait, Space Mountain 5min wait, HM no wait, FP Big thunder mountain and head to Pirates where we wait about 10min. From Pirates we head to splash mountain and encounter our longest wait of the morning 20 min. After spalsh we grab some frozen lemonades and wait for our Big Thunder FP time. We hit Big Thunder and the park is starting to get packed, we decide on riding COP and TTA before leavine, both rides have no wait. I feel bad for anyone arriving at the parks now as wait times are quickly approaching 40min and longer. As we were leaving the park the parade was ready to start and they were sending people wh just entered MK through a CM entrance to avoid Main Street.

We head back to POR and relax for a little before youngest DS and I head to Ol' Man Island. I was a little disappointed in the pool area and thought it was rather dull. They had Bingo for the kids so DS played while we waited for DH and older DS. We swam for a little before heading to the food court for something to eat. We were really impressed with Riverside Mill and what they offered. We full bellys we decided to go to DTD. While waiting for the boat we found out they were adding a 7th boat because of a back up at POFQ, DTD was a mob scene, I have never in all of my years going to Disney seen a crowd like this. The boys managed to get a table at Ghiradellis while I ordered and waited for our ice cream. Older DS told me that they migrated, first finding a table way in the back outside, then one a little closer then argued over who was going to grab the one inside. We all enjoyed our ice cream before making a quick(and I mean quick) stop at WOD, Team Mickey and Goofys Candy Shop. Im not one to be bothered to much by crowds, but I was feeling a little claustophobic and I know DH was.

Back to the boat for a quick trip back to POR where youngest DS decides he wants a chicken ceasar salad, so he and I head to the food court while the other two head back to the room. We are not keeping late nights this trip since we have decided we would rather be at the parks early and we will be back in June for a longer trip.

Up next- MGM, we win something in YOAMD and Cape May Cafe for dinner.
    Up Next
    15 Disney Hilton Head Jul 5 - Jul 7
    15 Disney Dream Jul 1 - Jul 5
    15 Beach Club Jun 27- Jul 1
    14 Dolphin Resort Jun 12-16
    13 Fort Wilderness Christmas Dec 20- Dec 26

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Early to the parks definitely seems wise with crowds like that. Can't wait to read your next report.
    Karen
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reporting!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I firmly believe that the best tip for anyone going to WDW is: GET THERE EARLY (which y'all seem to embrace as well).

I'm enjoying hearing your different style of vacationing. I always try to get every minute out of the parks that I can, but you seem to be having a great time bouncing out of the parks when things get hectic.

I'm looking forward to reading your next segment.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

You didn't say... did you find the nickel?
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sleepingbooty View Post
    You didn't say... did you find the nickel?
    We did find the nickel, but not on the first try. We stopped on the way out of the park and our youngest DS finally found it.
    Up Next
    15 Disney Hilton Head Jul 5 - Jul 7
    15 Disney Dream Jul 1 - Jul 5
    15 Beach Club Jun 27- Jul 1
    14 Dolphin Resort Jun 12-16
    13 Fort Wilderness Christmas Dec 20- Dec 26

pogo Guest

Very nice day 2. I'm enjoying your reports.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a great day
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you were really able to work around the crowds!

It must have been fun to search out the hidden nickel!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad that you found the nickel. I think it is fun to do things like that. Sounds like a fun day. Thank you for sharing.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: