Quantcast Big Brother (Think 1984)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Brother (Think 1984)

This has likely been discussed before, but does anyone know if Disney reads these boards and threads? And do they ever consider any of our ideas, suggestions or criticisms? And lastly, do they ever acknowledge those here or Intercot itself if an idea is used.

Overall, I am guessing that Disney's marketing plan would be to reach beyond the hardcore fans that post here regularly. But at the same time they want to create returning customers like those here. So I would think there might be some consideration for what goes on here day in and day out.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that they take Intercot seriously enough that John Y was invited to the press event surrounding the Year of a Million Dreams.

Disney spends so much time and energy on marketing that they pay attention to EVERYTHING, believe me. They cannot afford not to. And it really doesn't take much effort to stay abreast of the various websites out there.

Would they acknowledge someone here if they used an idea? No way -- then there would be the threat of someone demanding royalties off of a certain idea/ride/whatever. If they ever did use an idea, they would want a paper trail a mile long proving that they thought of it first which probably wouldn't be so hard since I doubt that there are many things that come up here that are entirely original -- they have people in think tanks going back to the early 1950's.
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Disney absolutely, 100% guaranteed, DOES NOT accept ideas from outside the company. Or that's their policy. It all has to do with copyrights, etc.

I'm sure they may take look at experiences, etc and adjust their service, but a ride idea, or something similiar is always homegrown. That was they don't need to worry about law suits.

TiggerRPh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    This has likely been discussed before, but does anyone know if Disney reads these boards and threads? And do they ever consider any of our ideas, suggestions or criticisms? And lastly, do they ever acknowledge those here or Intercot itself if an idea is used.

Overall, I am guessing that Disney's marketing plan would be to reach beyond the hardcore fans that post here regularly. But at the same time they want to create returning customers like those here. So I would think there might be some consideration for what goes on here day in and day out.
    Disney has admitted that they read fansites boards....they do not post however. They use the fansights to gauge public opinion of changes or needed changes.

If they do get ideas from fansites they will of course not acknowledge that they got it from someone....that would expose them to legal liability.

Post Thanks / Like

When I went on the CP, they had us sign our lives away before they put us in our jobs and one of the forms they went into detail talking about before they had us sign, was about submitting ideas to Disney. You were required to sign a contract that said any idea that is suggested to Disney, then becomes theirs, you can take absoutly no credit for it....
    Kristi Kay
    2003 CP Cast Member

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
    –Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kristi Kay View Post
    When I went on the CP, they had us sign our lives away before they put us in our jobs and one of the forms they went into detail talking about before they had us sign, was about submitting ideas to Disney. You were required to sign a contract that said any idea that is suggested to Disney, then becomes theirs, you can take absoutly no credit for it....
    This isn't unique to Disney either, when I was in R&D the things I came up with belonged to the company -- lock, stock and barrell.
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm..I never even considered that Disney reads these boards., thats kind of neat! But why should I be surprised? Their attention to detail is amazing.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

I was told by a CM (ground transportation manager) that Disney does have a team of people that read message boards.
    And I had a situation with my own manager (I work for Mears) when he approached me and told me that the CEO of Mears was quite happy about a situation that I handled here at INTERCOT concerning a DME complaint. Someone at Disney had brought it to his attention, so yes, Disney does read these boards.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

It really doesn't surprise me at all that they read boards such as this. In fact, I'd be disappointed if they did. Even though the tone of the posts change from time to time, it is still a way to stay in touch with the pulse of the public.

I wonder how I could get that job. Heck, as much time as spend reading posts some days, I'm almost doing it anyway. I'd love to actually get paid for it, and not have to feel guilty about it.
    Marker from MO

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 3,808.63 KM from the Magic Kingdom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I betcha some of the posters on this site are Disney CM's, but they don't say. They post away, but safely so they keep their jobs.

I dunno, maybe it's just an idea...
    Walt was ½ Canadian!

DL, Aug 97; DL, Jul 01; DL, Aug 05; DL, Jan 06; WDW, Oct 06; DL, Dec 06; WDW, Nov 07; DL, Dec 07; DL, Jun 08; DL, Feb 09; DLP, Apr 09; DL, Sep 09; TDL, Oct 09; DL, Jun 10; WDW, Oct, 10; WDW, May, 13; WDW, Sep 14; HKDL, Sep 15, WDW, Mar 17; WDW Jan 19.

Post Thanks / Like

Would that just be THE job!
    Get hired by Disney to read the boards.
    Hey, we're here anyway!
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShanPooh View Post
    Would that just be THE job!
    Get hired by Disney to read the boards.
    Since I'm usually on the boards at work, I sometimes feel like it is my job.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTreeGal View Post
    Would they acknowledge someone here if they used an idea? No way -- then there would be the threat of someone demanding royalties off of a certain idea/ride/whatever.

EPCOT was really MY idea, but I haven't figured out how to get my royalties.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

There was a thread here at Intercot awhile back (way pre-YOAMD) about the perfect Disney Dream Job. I responded with a new position titled "Wandering Minstrel of Magical Moments", describing how I would wander the parks giving out magical moments, both big & small, to guests visiting the parks. Sounds just like the Dream Squad people doesn't it?

I like to think they took my idea & ran with it....
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

How do I get to be on the team of message board readers?? Sounds like the perfect job! Get paid to read Intercot all day!
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: