Quantcast Disneymoon! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disneymoon!

Post Thanks / Like

Thursday morning, we got up and went to Epcot. We had a blast here today. The only thing I was disappointed about was that the Wonders of Life Pavilion was closed and that was my favorite. I truly wish they would either close it down for good, refurbish it or do something else with the building. It is such a waste of space now and very depressing to walk past and remember what a nice attraction it used to be.

We were at Epcot pretty much the entire day. This was the first time we ever did the Innoventions Attractions. It was pretty good. Our favorite game was the "Who Put Out the Fire Game."

I was so exhausted by the time we made it over the World Showcase. We would have gone back to the hotel, but we had reservations for dinner at Alfredo's in Italy at 7:00 and it’s a good thing we had made ADR's. The place was packed. The service and food were great, but it was very expensive. I got the fettucini Alfredo and I'm not sure what mh DH got, but we both enjoyed it immensely. We paid about $75 for supper that night, but that was for my salad, 2 drinks, 2 entrees and 2 desserts.

After supper, we were going to stay for Illuminations, but I was so exhausted and I had blisters on several toes, so mh DH decided that we’d just go ahead and go back to the hotel.
    1996...Magic Music Days...Off Site
    2000...With family...Off site
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR
    2008...4 year anniv...Windsor Hills
    2011...8 year anniv...Lighthouse Key
    2015...10 Year Anniv...Windsor Hills

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Friday morning, we got up and went to MGM Studios. We had a great day here too. We rode pretty much everything there was to ride and saw a bunch of shows. My DH is in a wheelchair and can't transfer so the rides he can do are limited. I only rode one ride without Robert all week and that was today. I really wanted to ride the Tower of Terror, so he waited for me while I rode it. Unfortunately since I rode it, we missed one ride we really wanted to ride and that was the Backlot tour. It closed at 5 and we were a bit disappointed that we didn’t’ get to go on it, but we were tired anyway, so it was fine.

For lunch, we went to this 50’s café called the Hollywood & Vine. It had a buffet as well and it was really good, but not as good as the Crystal Palace. After we finished there, we wished we had decided to go the Rainforest Café after all.

We really wanted to see Fantasmic at 7:00 that night. We had some time left before that, so we did the last of our souvenir shopping. During the week, we got a hat pin for each of the places we’d been too, plus one for the hotel. We also got a picture of us made at each park. Robert bought me some cute earrings and we got him a hat and me a t-shirt.

Once we finished shopping, we went about an hour early for Fantasmic so we could get a good seat. The place filled up fast, so were glad we got there early. While we waited, Robert & I kissed and cuddled and talked and I called home and talked to everyone there. The show was okay, but a bit on the scary side for kids and we didn’t like nearly as much as we thought we would.

We got done about 7:45 and since we hadn’t gotten to see Illuminations at Epcot, we drove over to there and got there with plenty of time to spare before the fireworks.
    Saturday morning, we got up, sleepy and worn out, plus we just didn’t have a lot of enthusiasm, because it was time to go home. We got packed up and walked around to take some pictures of the resort. Then we called a bellhop and had him take our bags out to the car. Then we went into Kissimmee and went to I-Hop for breakfast. By the time we got done it was about 11:00 a.m. It took us forever to get onto the interstate because traffic was so backed up. But we did finally get on the road and get going. Robert was still not feeling well, so I drove most of the way back home. He drove for a couple hours and I got a little bit of a nap, but not much. We ended up getting home about 7:30. Once we got home, we opened up all our gifts from the wedding and then hit the hay!

Overall, it was a wonderful honeymoon trip, even though it had a rough start. We can't wait to go back!
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you had such a special honeymoon. As I peak at your signature it seems like your dh likes Disney Enjoy your next trip.

Karen
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BelleCiavo View Post
    I'm glad you had such a special honeymoon. As I peak at your signature it seems like your dh likes Disney Enjoy your next trip.

Karen
    Thanks for reading my TR! Yep, my DH loves Disney as much as I do. He is especially interested in all the imagineering and behind-the-scenes stuff that makes Disney what it is.

It's nice having a DH who enjoys planning trips with me and loves hearing me mumble on and on about all things Disney. He just laughs at me and thinks I'm cute!
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed all the segments you wrote about your trip. I wish that I had honeymooned at Disney. I can't imagine how special it must be to wear the mickey/minnie wedding ears.

Thanks again for taking the time to give us some of your magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed reading your trip report. I'm amazed at all the details you were able to remember. How fun and magical it must have been to have your honeymoon at WDW and the awesome memories of it you'll have each time you visit again.
    Thanks for reporting .
    February 4-11 AoA
    October 13-20 2012 CBR
    November 7-13 2010 Pop
    November 3-10 2009 Polynesian
    September 19-26 2008, CBR Honeymoon
    May 11-18 2007, CBR engaged <3
    April/May 2006, OKW
    July 2004, All Star Movies
    June 1981, Sheraton World
    June 1976 somwhere offsite[/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip. Thanks for sharing.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

I love reading your trip report as i'm going on my Disneymoon in a month and 2 weeks. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!!
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

pogo Guest

Allie, Allie, Allie ! I love reading what you have to say, always. But this was special.

Thank you for sharing your's and Robert's honeymoon with us. I felt like I was with you every second I was reading it.

He is a lucky man to have you for his wife, and you can tell him that for me.

I hope you have a long and happy life together.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your report - interesting segments; I love how you kept it as a cliff hanger.

Congrats on your wedding (a few years ago now!) and I hope you have a Magical Life together!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Allie, Allie, Allie ! I love reading what you have to say, always. But this was special.

Thank you for sharing your's and Robert's honeymoon with us. I felt like I was with you every second I was reading it.

He is a lucky man to have you for his wife, and you can tell him that for me.

I hope you have a long and happy life together.
    Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed reading my TR. I feel like I am the lucky one to have him in my life.

Robert and I are going to Disney for our 3 year anniversary in November and I'll be writing a longer, much more detailed TR then. Hopefully you'll enjoy it just as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent's Dad View Post
    Thanks for sharing your report - interesting segments; I love how you kept it as a cliff hanger.

Congrats on your wedding (a few years ago now!) and I hope you have a Magical Life together!
    Thanks so much!
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your wedding! I am sure you still are newlyweds! Thank you so much for posting your reports. I am glad that you had such a great time and made so many great memories. Looks like you guys have caught onto that Disney magic now! Thanks so much for sharing!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanymouse View Post
    Looks like you guys have caught onto that Disney magic now! Thanks so much for sharing!
    We have definitely caught on...Disney magic is the best!
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR

Post Thanks / Like

It sounded like a great honeymoon. Congratulations to you both I'm glad that he now loves Disney as much as you do

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

I am really enjoying your trip report. I can't wait to read more.
    Niki aka Lucille

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted - Mae West

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: