Quantcast Disneymoon!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disneymoon!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disneymoon!

Okay, I have finally decided to write a trip report about our honeymoon at Walt Disney World.

But first...let me introduce you to the two of us!

Me (Allie) -- New bride...devout Disney lover and big time planner

DH (Robert) -- New husband -- never been to Disney but fell in love with it on our honeymoon
    Okay, this trip has already happened and it feels kinda strange writing a TR that is old but since I have been reading TR's for the last several months, I have been dying to write one and our next trip won't be until November of this year, so I thought I would give it a go.

Before I begin with the actual TR, let me give you some background information. DH and I had our honeymoon decided on long before we got married. We both knew we wanted to spend it at Disney...not only because I love anything and everything Disney, but also because DH had never been and couldn't wait to find out what I loved so much about it. Well, my DH made all the reservations and got everything arranged. We had plans to stay for 5 nights at the POFQ and had 4-day MWY PH passes. Well, the day before the wedding, I told DH to go ahead and call Disney to verify all our reservations. Picture it...I am sitting on the couch, waiting for him to get off the phone, happy and content knowing that in 24 hours, I will be married and the hard part will be behind us when...to my horror, my fiance gets off the phone and tells me that Disney has lost our room reservation.

WHAT! Don't tell me this...not after everything else that has happened. Now what?...
    1996...Magic Music Days...Off Site
    2000...With family...Off site
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR
    2008...4 year anniv...Windsor Hills
    2011...8 year anniv...Lighthouse Key
    2015...10 Year Anniv...Windsor Hills

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh, a cliff-hanger. Can't wait to read more.
    Karen
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

(First off -- a correction. Originallly I said we were supposed to be at POFQ, but our actual original reservation was for Coronado Springs Resort)

Ok, so where did we leave off...oh yeah! No room for our honeymoon!

Well, my DH tells me that Disney is going to call us back and let us know where we go from here. So, here we are, only about 2 hours away from our rehearsal dinner waiting to hear where we are going to be staying in 2 days, and afraid we'll end up in some dump outside of Disney because they are all sold out!

Well, thankfully, Disney called us about 30 minutes before we leave for our rehearsal dinner and tells us that we are going to be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. Okay, so at least we're on the Disney grounds but what hotel is that? Neither of us had ever heard of it.

So, what do we do? We get online and do some research to find out where we'll be staying for the next week & guess what! It's a beautiful resort and we start getting really excited.

Okay, jump ahead to Sunday. Gorgeous wedding, amazing day, romantic honeymoon night. Instead of traveling after the wedding, we decided to go to my apartment (now ours) and spend the night there, then wake up Monday morning early and leave for Disney. LOL...yet another plan that didn't exactly work out like we thought it would...
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh, I can't wait to hear more!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

O.K., you're just being mean now with all the cliffhangers.

We're anxiously waiting...

Post Thanks / Like

Love it, can't wait to read more!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

So here was the plan...wake up morning after wedding, run to the airport and pick up the rental car, come home, finish packing and leave Mobile, AL around 8:00 a.m., get to Disney around 3 or 4, check in and check out our resort, then find someplace for a nice dinner.

What really happened...We woke up Monday morning real early and got dressed, packed and went to the
    airport to pick up our rental car. We ended getting a Mercury Sable and when we
    got it, we found out that it had a GPS in it. We were excited about that. Well, we
    went back to the apartment and Robert stayed in the car while I loaded up all our
    luggage and locked everything up. Then we went to Burger King and got some
    breakfast. When we finished eating it was about 10:00. Before we left, we
    programmed in the Port Orleans Resort at Disney in the GPS and it calculated our
    route and we took off. The GPS was soooo cool. It told us how many miles the trip
    would take, how many hours, it showed a map and told us which direction to go as
    well as where we were. It also told us whenever it was time to make a turn and it
    spoke to us to give us directions. We never even needed a map.
    We stopped in Tallahassee for lunch. We didn’t know where the mall was, so we
    found the nearest mall in the GPS and it told us how to get there. While we were
    at the mall, I got my ears pierced and we walked around and stretched out legs
    and got something to drink. Robert took over driving after we left because I was
    getting sleepy and wanted to take a nap, plus I had a headache from getting my
    ears pierced. It took us nearly an hour to get from the mall back to the interstate
    because we hit 5:00 traffic so were even more tired and irritable after getting out of
    Tallahassee. A couple hours later, I took over driving again and I drove the rest of
    the way to Disney.

WooHoo! Our honeymoon has officially begun...
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your marriage! I can't wait to read more about your trip!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Thanks! I see you just back from your trip! I hope you had a great time!
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Yeah, yeah...congrats & all that stuff...let's hear more about the trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear all abou t your trip!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! Sorry you had that scare on your reservation. Thank goodness it all worked. Congrats on your wedding. I hope you will have a very long and happy marriage. Looking forward to hearing what happens once you arrive on property. Thanks for reporting.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we finally arrived at Disney after a looooong day of driving around 10:00 at night. By that time, we were tired of driving, tired of each other and sick of being in a car. And on top of all that, right about the time we were getting near Disney property it started raining. I was exhausted and I just broke down crying. I couldn't help it after such a long week, and then to think it might rain on our honeymoon was just too much! Well, my sweet DH calmed me down and by the time we got to the resort, the rain had stopped.

It took us what felt like forever to check in and when we got to our room, we had to wait for guest services to bring us our refridgerator and our shower transfer bench for my husband. I think by the time we finally got into bed it was nearly 1:00 a.m and we had a busy day ahead of us.

Next up...Animal Kingdom (a first for both of us)!
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allie_to_you View Post
    By that time... we were tired of each other...
    Oh yeah, you're definitely married now!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allie_to_you View Post
    Well, we finally arrived at Disney after a looooong day of driving around 10:00 at night. By that time, we were tired of driving, tired of each other and sick of being in a car.
    Like my old grandpappy used to say, "You ain't really married 'til you've roadtripped with each other."

I'm still betting the magic comes through for you. .

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your wedding! How exciting that you had a Disneymoon, as you put it.

I'm loving your report... cliffhangers and all! More, please!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Tuesday morning, we woke up about 6 and we got dressed and walked around the resort some. It was really pretty and decorated to look like the French quarter in New Orleans, plus some of the Christmas decorations were already up. For breakfast we went to the resort hotel. I got some eggs & grits and some wonderful beneigts and I think my DH got a mickey waffle. It was kinda expensive so we decided that from then on out, we would just eat stuff in the room.
    About 8:45, we left for the Animal Kingdom. We got in and we spent the day there till about 3:00. It was a lot of fun. It was like a big zoo, but better. It didn’t take a long time to do everything, but we were expecting that. After we got done with the Animal Kingdom, we went back to the hotel and changed clothes. Even though it was November, the days were still warm and we just felt hot and sticky. Then we went to Wal-Mart and got some things we needed for the week. When we got back, we decided to go over to the Magic Kingdom to see the “Magic” fireworks display at 7:00. We got there about 6:30 and we bought Mickey & Minney bride & groom hats which we wore the rest of the week. We found a good spot to watch the fireworks and this couple from New York that were there began talking to us, first congratulating us on our wedding and then they talked to us for the next hour till the fireworks started. The fireworks were great, however it was pretty cold and Robert was freezing. When it was over, the couple from New York congratulated us again, hugged us bye and we left.

Next up...Magic Kingdom!
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic Kingdom Day

Wednesday morning, we woke up at 6 a.m. (way too early for me -- I am definitely a night person), got dressed, ate cereal and juice in the room and we headed out to the Magic Kingdom. Again, we were wearing our Mickey/Minnie Bride & Groom hats.

Our first ride there was called Stitch’s Great Escape. This attraction gets a lot of differing opinions but for me, who has been to it when it was an Alien Escape attraction, I didn't think it was that bad, just sort of a knock off, but still cute!

After we left the exhibit, we walked outside where a garbage can (I think it was called "Push" started following us and the voice coming from it was that of Stitch. He was saying “Oh, a newly married couple” and then it started humming “Here Comes the Bride.” It was quite cute and hilarious.

We spent the rest of the day doing as many of the exhibits and rides as we could. The weather was perfect and the lines weren’t bad at all. The longest line we had was for the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. We waited about 30 minutes for this ride and they said that the reason for the wait was because of a "honey spill." Too cute!

For lunch we went to the Crystal Palace. This was our first time eating here for either of us. We didn’t have a reservation, but luckily we didn’t have to wait long – only about 5 minutes. When we went in, they had Mickey confetti on the table in the shape of a heart. They knew it was our honeymoon. We also got a certificate commemorating the lunch at the Crystal Palace on our honeymoon. They had a buffet there and the food was wonderful. Plus a bunch of the Disney characters were in the restaurant and they would come over to our table and hug us and get pictures taken with us.

That night we didn’t end up going anywhere special. We were going to go to another fireworks display, but we were tired, so we just spent the evening in bed relaxing and went to sleep early.
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you were having a great time. I love Push.
    Can't wait for more.
    Karen
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: