Quantcast Anyone ever sold anything on Ebay?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone ever sold anything on Ebay?

Hi all -

Have any of you ever sold anything on Ebay? I'm thinking of trying to sell some of my girl's clothing on there, but am wondering just what I have to do, and if it's worth it.

The clothing I have is practically mint, some of it from nicer stores, other pieces just regular... but all in almost perfect condition. I'm just wondering if there are a lot of fees involved that would make my profit similar to what I'd get at a used clothing shop here - most of ours around here give you 70-80% of the sale price - but they really mark the stuff down to get it sold, too.

Anyway - if you've used Ebay for anything, how did it work for you, what should I watch out for, and do you think it's worth the trouble of taking all the pics, etc??

Thanks for any and all help - I'm hoping it well help to boost my Disney fund!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

PM me and I'll fill you in ... I've sold a ton of my DD's clothing on eBay and can give you lots of feedback ...
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The problem with eBay is that for smaller items (cost wise), it can be a real hassle. Like you said, between taking the pictures, the time to post, the fees, and then the shipping, etc. Sometimes it's just maybe a bock an item "profit".

I have a ton of stuff that I could sell, but the hassle has kept me away. Now, sometimes it's worth it. I did at one point sell about 8K worth of virtual goods. That was cake, since I had screenshots, and all I needed to do with drop stuff off in-game.

It's amazing what people will pay for some things. Just do your research and make sure it's really worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

It can be worth it but it totally depends on what you are selling. It does need to be in mint condition for the best sales.

Gymboree and GAP are two brands that sell very well. There are many others but those two are big. You need to put all relevant info into your title: name brand, type of item, size. Any words that you think people will use when they search (think like a buyer).

Summer clothes start selling in March. Always think ahead to the next season. Back to school/fall starts probably starts in August. You want to be one of the first ones out there!!

Fees usually run under 1.00 for a listing. You should do a gallery photo because people like me scroll photos, looking for something to catch my eye.

You will also have a paypal fee which varies with the final sale price if you use Paypal.

I came up with a lot of my Disney money from ebay. It's a great way to save! It's also a lot of fun and very addictive
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Be sure to calculate the real cost of your listing. Listing fee, PayPal fee, shipping and handling so you know how to price the item. Look at the "Completed Sales" history available on the search screens, that'll give you a good idea of the market. You can easily turn a profit but it may be similar to your local used clothing shop. Slow and no payers will annoy you but you get used to that.
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: