Quantcast The It's About Time! Report, Day 7, 8/23/06

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The It's About Time! Report, Day 7, 8/23/06

Day 7 – Wednesday, August 23, 2006 <click for photos

Another late morning; we caught the 11:00 (eleven??) bus to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail. We started out at the Living Seas, where we looked at the aquatic life. Turtle Talk had recently opened, and we would have liked to try it, but the lines were quite long so we skipped it. We went to the Land to try out Sunshine Seasons, which is a nice change of pace from most of the CS restaurants in WDW.

After lunch, we went to the World Showcase and browsed. This was followed by a trip on Maelstrom, which we had missed on our earlier visit to Epcot. I then HAD to get an order of lefse at the Norway Bakery (family tradition…cannnot miss). Then, we caught the China movie, which we had also missed on our previous trip around World Showcase. After a brief stop in Mouse Gears, we walked over to MGM on the path that runs along the Boardwalk Inn.

When we got to MGM, it was time for dinner. No, the path is not that long, we just had dinner ADRs at 3pm for Hollywood & Vine. We are the first people in the restaurant; they are still setting up the buffet. The meal was not bad; DH likes buffets more than me. He says this was his favorite meal of the trip. (Mine was Beaches & Cream.) After dinner we decided to just sit on a bench near that boat that sells frozen lemonade and watch the world go by. As we are sitting on the bench, the parade goes by, so we got up to get a closer look, then, we returned to the bench to relax some more. I decided to go to One Man’s Dream. We had gone to this before, but I did not finish looking at things to my satisfaction before we were invited to watch the movie. So, I went back to finish what I had not seen before, then exited without watching the movie.

After Dream, we both went on Tower of Terror. While we had been sitting on the bench, we were looking at it and trying to decide whether or not to do it. Finally, we decided to try it and also decided we better do it before we changed our minds. So, off we went. We had a great time; I kind of wanted to do it again, but DH said no, and I didn’t want to do it alone so we just got Mickey Bars instead. Then, we went to Oscar’s for our Fantasmic reserved seating that was included with our Fantasmic Dinner Package.

Neither of us had seen Fantasmic before. I’m glad we took the time to see it. It was excellent! I love what they did with the water. When the show ended, DH took the bus back to SOG. I had other plans. I had not yet seen Wishes all the way through, and I was determined to get to MK in time to watch the whole thing, all at once. When Fantasmic ended, I was Woman On A Mission to get to the TTC bus. I got to the bus ahead of most people, and caught the first TTC bus that came. From there, I caught the monorail to the MK, and actually arrived at MK with about a half hour to spare. I browsed the Emporium and also the little camera/theater area by City Hall. Then, I went out to Main Street to watch Wishes. I was standing right in the middle of the street, between the two trolley tracks, right about where they split to go around the circle. I watched the whole Wishes for the first time. The only time I had seen it before was from the California Grill in June 2005. Watching it from Main Street was much better. I’m glad I was able to make it from MGM to MK in time to watch it, especially since this was our last night of our trip.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad you got to see Wishes all the way through! It's great that you do the things you enjoy even tho your husband does his own thing.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Soooo, you're that commando woman who elbows her way to the TTC?!?

Glad you had another great day!

pogo Guest

I don't know how you do it........... I had to sit down while reading this.

I'm glad you saw Fantasmic ! It's one of my favorites.

On to read day 8.

Post Thanks / Like

What a busy day...

great shot out of the back of Maelstrom!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I get axhausted just reading what you did in a day. I guess being 16 years younger than me has its advantages I love the pic from the back of Maelstrom too

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

An excellent way to end your trip!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

i like the picture you have of wishes!! sounds like a good day again!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

That sunset is incredible.
    Karen
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Loved the pictures...especially the sunset. The day sounds like a great one too. Great to hear that you got to take in not only Fantasmic!, but also Wishes. I love them both. Although, I must say that Fantasmic! at DLR is much better!!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO