Quantcast The It's About Time! Report, Day 4, 8/20/06

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The It's About Time! Report, Day 4, 8/20/06

Day 4 – Sunday, August 20, 2006 <click for photos

We got a bit of an earlier start on this day. We had breakfast at the Gardent Galley at Shades of Green. We then caught the 9:30 bus to the Animal Kingdom. We immediately went to Expedition: Everest and got a fast pass. Our return window was 12:25-1:25. We left the E:E area to go to Kali River Rapids where we got completely soaked. We walked through the Maharajah Jungle Trek, which had many interesting animals and the trail was shaded and it was very comfortable. Then, we went over to the Africa section, where there was live entertainment in the form of drummers and dancers. We stayed for a while to watch. Then, we picked up a fast pass for Kilimanjaro Safaris. This fast pass was for 12:10-1:10…almost the same time as our E:E pass. We had just enough time before our KS FP to walk the Pangani Forest Trail, which is similar to the trail in Asia except it has different (African) animals. Then, we rode KS, and several animals were within view. I think they toned down the poaching story, but I’m not entirely sure.

After we exited KS, we made our way to E:E. I was so excited to ride this. It was so fun! The track was very smooth, and it was so fun not knowing what to expect. I won’t spoil it for you, but the backwards and dark parts were incredible!

After E:E, we left AK and took the Polynesian bus and walked to SoG from there. We visited the AAFES (PX) store and then we took a nap. We left the hotel with what should have been enough time to get to our 5:00 ADR at the Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary. Unfortunately, the monorail was having mechanical problems, and it we didn’t even get to the Magic Kingdom stop until about 5:30. We just got off at the MK because we didn’t think there was any way they would still honor our ADR, and we didn’t want to waste any more time.

We decided to get hot dogs at Casey’s, which was not the same as steak at the Concourse, but oh well, what do you do? Casey’s was fun; we ate outside and a guy was playing the piano. There were a lot of those white birds with the long beaks and also ducks wandering around.

After dinner we did the Jungle Cruise, which I have not done in years. It was fun, and I don’t know why we tended to avoid it on family trips. Then, we did the Swiss Family Treehouse, which I have also not done in a long time. After the Treehouse, we went on the new Pirates of the Caribbean. I have not seen the movies so I don’t know what the big deal is all about, but the new effect at the beginning is cool.

After Pirates, we got FP for Big Thunder and rode Splash in the meantime. Splash is one of my favorites. It was pretty new on my first trip in 1992 and I remember having to wait a long time to ride it. After Splash we went on Big Thunder, which is another family favorite. Then we went on Snow White.

We were hungry again, so we went to Cosmic Rays. While we ate, Wishes was shown, and we could only see pieces of it from inside. We finished the day with a ride on the Tea Cups, because they were scheduled to be closed for maintenance for the rest of our trip after today. After this, we decided to go back to the hotel. It was an EMH night, but the crowds were huge.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    pogo Guest

Too bad about the Monorail breakdown.

But you recovered well by staying at MK. I got to read more.

Post Thanks / Like

Busy Days!!!
    Thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like

Great shots in Animal Kingdom!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you missed out on your steaks, but it sounds like you had a good day anyway.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great and busy day. I love the pics

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about your missed dinner. Sounds like you made the best of it, though.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

a pretty good day..sorry about the whole thing with the monorail and you missing your dinner at the concourse steakhouse....but it seems you guys still ended up having a good night!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! You really do take great pictures. That castle shot is the best one I've ever seen
    Off to read more.
    Karen
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

That is too bad that you missed your dinner reses at Concourse Steakhouse. I love that place as do my DDs. They both love steak and they really love the kids dessert - the artist palette cookie.

Sounds like you still had a great day. I really love Cosmic Rays as well. Great variety and good entertainment while you eat!!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO