Quantcast Poor Ol' Hoop De Doo... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

This info was taken from info central:

Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
    Advanced Dining Reservations: Yes, up to 2 years in advance.
    Call 407-WDW-DINE
    Hours: Seatings are at 5PM, 7:15PM & 9:30PM
    Tickets and table assignments available at Resort Guest Services locations or Pioneer Hall, up to five days in advance.
    Range of Food: Fried chicken, smoked BBQ pork ribs, corn, baked beans, tossed salad, bread and strawberry shortcake. Unlimited draft beer, wine, sangria and soft drinks.

This link has some more information:

Hoop-Dee-Doo Muscial Revue

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Definately a must try if you have never done it before. A tried and true Disney favorite. I think the fact that it is in FW probably acounts for why you haven't heard of it. I don't think many people realize that there are things to do over in FW other than camp. Not only is there The HDDR but there is the campfire movies with Chip & Dale, horseback riding, hay rides, etc.

I hope you like it what a way to kick off a cruise!!!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Default HDDR a classic.

As a child of 7, I saw the HDDR for the first time. It was one of the most memorable parts of my trip back in 1974.

I took my kids to it for the first time in 2005. One was 8, another 9, and the last one was 12. They loved the almost completely unchanged show. (What I could remember of it.) I loved it.

We went back last year, the kids a year older. They loved it. Even the teenager found himself clapping and laughing. The youngest boy was chosen as the 'Hunter', and his grin didn't go away for days.

The other day, he said, "Hey Dad, remember when I was the Hunter in Disney."

It's called a classic because, quite honestly, they got it right the first time. You laugh because the jokes are corny. The food is outstanding, and the Sangria flows.

No need to ever change it.
    ------------------------------
    Next Trip - May 2007 ASM
    Nov 2006 - AKL
    Aug 2006 - FtW
    Mar 2006 - Outside the park
    Aug 2005 - FtW
    Aug 2003 - Outside the park

Post Thanks / Like

DW and I are huge fans of HDD, although we don't go to it every visit anymore. We LOVE the food, and the show is entertaining, we just try to space it out a little so that it doesn't become stale to us. We also do this with some other attractions or shows as well, we try to rotate which ones we hit on a visit, it helps keep the magic going, and gets you looking forward to the next trip because there's always something that you didn't do this time.

Post Thanks / Like

We've been every trip since '75, and will go in all our future trips. I think we go BECAUSE it's the same. Same great food, same fun atmosphere, and same hokey but memorable songs ! "If it ain't broke...don't fix it !!
    1975 - Off site
    1980 - Golf Resort
    1981 - Poly
    1982 - CT
    1983 - Poly
    1989 - CBR
    1998 - CBR
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

My family never misses this show. We have been on every trip except our first. We always save it for our last night. We have already planned our 2008 trip and HDDR is once again on the ADR list! We can't wait!

Yes, the jokes are corny, but we still laugh at everyone of them. My brother was actually picked for the show one year, which made a show we loved even better. My son saw it for the first time on our last trip and he danced through most of the songs and played the washboard - he was only 14 months. I am getting excited to go again just thinking about it!
    Beth

Past Trips: 83 86 88 89 95 97 00 03 04 06 08 (CBR, Dixie Landings/POR, Coronado, Contemporary)
    Next Trip: Feb 27th to March 7th 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

i have not been to Hoop de doo since 1990 when i was 14, It reminds me of my Beba (my grandfather), who was pulled up on stage to wear the tutu. i miss him, and have not been able to go back because it would make me too sad. Someday i hope to go back and enjoy this show again.
    1990-Polynesian, 1998-All-Star Music, 2002-Off Property , 2003-All Star Music, 2007- Pop Century (twice) , 2008-Old Key West, 2008-Off Property, 2009-POFQ,2010-off property, 2011 - POFQ
    Next Up . . . . November 23-30, 2013- Off Property at the Star Island Resort.

Post Thanks / Like

What is the Hoop Dee Doo? I've been to Disney a lot and have no idea what in the world you're talking about (and had to really get brave to ask, so be nice!) Are you talking about Country Bear Gamboree?

To answer question above about overall Disney for me - I go because it's the same. I do like the fact that with some measured idea I'm going into it knowing what I'm getting for my money. I'm one of these fuddie-duddies that likes the same old thing, hates change and I absolutely love Disney. With that being said, I wish they'd get rid of the Snow White ride and put something else in there. That one isn't kid friendly at all.....

Post Thanks / Like

HoopDeDoo is a dinner show at the Fort Wilderness Resort. Picture a western-themed vaudeville-type show with music and lots of pun jokes. The food is ribs, fried chicken, salad, corn on the cob, beans and strawberry shortcake. We've been there quite a few times. I only saw the Luau once. If I had to choose, HDD would win hands down.

Post Thanks / Like

My GF talked me into doing the Hoop De Doo last year. I honestly didn't think I'd like it at all but was pleasantly surprised at how fun it was. We'll be doing it again this year since we're taking my Niece this time.
    șoș Joe șoș
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateStitch View Post
    Okay. I've been to disney over 30 times and have not done this? Where is it at..and what the price? Maybe something new to check up on my one day trip before our Disney Cruise. Thanks !
    Here's the link http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/...shows.asp#Hoop

I love Hoop Dee Doo! And many above posters are absolutely correct, why change something that consistently packs them in night after night, year after year? If it ain't broke.... don't make it into another JIYI!!!

We are taking DH's parents this year for a surprise!!!! I know my FIL will LOVE it.
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess im in the minority here....I dont think changing it would be all that bad. A few new jokes thrown wouldnt hurt anything. I love going to Walt Disney World and seeing what has changed slightly, like a new joke in a show, or an added animatronic to a ride. I think things like are what keep a lot of people coming back.
    Walt Disney World College Program:
    Upcoming: 08-27-07 to 01-04-08 Operations!!!

"Keep Moving Forward"-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I am excited to go see it. Have never stayed on property and have not been for any length of time since 1987. Going this summer. Plan on seeing HDDR. Have never seen it. I hope my DD7 and DD4 will like it.

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy HDDR. It's entertaining and fun. It's not the type of show I would see *every* trip, but it's nice to go ever few years to keep it a fairly fresh experience.

Post Thanks / Like

If they changed it up a little, I wouldn't mind. but I wouldn't want to see it completely different. Like someone else pointed out - they still sell out consistently, so why change it?

And changing something doesn't mean it will get better. Just compare the original Imagination to the "improved" versions.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: