Quantcast Coral Reef Reviews

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Coral Reef Reviews

We are working on figuring out our ADR's for September. It is already past the 180 day point so we are trying to hurry up and decide. One of the restaurants we are stuck on is Coral Reef. The menu and pictures make it seem like something we would enjoy but I could not find any current reviews on it. Please let us know what you think of it. Thanks
    Jennifer

Visits:
    countless visits as kid
    2/03' 1 day at MK-1st trip with DS
    9/03' 1 week-1st trip with DD-1st time staying on property-Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    10/04' 1 week-Port Orleans Riverside
    12/05' 1 week-All Star Movies
    9/06' 6 days Pop Century

9/07' 9 days Pop :)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Coral Reef

We enjoyed the atmosphere with the tank a fish, but the food value was not what we thought. I don't mind paying for a good meal, however there was no value here. We won't go back. Sorry.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

The last two times we've gone the food has been good (not great, but good). However, the service has been horrible. When we went on the Candlelight Processional package, we had a 2pm ressie and almost didn't make it to the 1st showing of the processional. In February, the waiter told me I couldn't have ordered 1,000 island dressing because he had written down house dressing.

Sorry, but I think I'd take a pass on this one.

May I recommend the Rose and Crown (if you need to stay in Epcot), or Kona's at the Poly instead?
    "You're not Mickey Mouse, you're a rat!"
    "Rat, Schmat! Besides, they're tourists! What do they know?"

Post Thanks / Like

I went in September. My sister and I were on the dining plan. Our meal was very good and our service was fine. I really had no complaints about it, we sat near the fish tank but were a table away, but could still see the fish swimming around.
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

Oops...I also forgot to mention, for the two of us our meal including tip came to almost $130, all paid for by the dining plan, except for the extra we gave the waitress.
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

We went last September. While the food was good not great, the service was horrible! It took 2 1/2 hours for the meal so we missed illuminations on our only night in Epcot! We were assured that they would get us out in time but our waiter disappeared and we couldn't get refills. Then he accused us of cheating the system because my DD4 didn't order a meal. She was tired and didn't want to eat. The atmosphere is ok, but not worth the money or the hassle. I would have been very upset had we not been on the dining plan! I highly recommend Kona Cafe or Rose and Crown instead!

Post Thanks / Like

We probably won't be back unless they make significant changes to the menu.The atmosphere is beautiful,but the food,waiting area,and service leave a lot to be desired.This is our least favorite restaurant at WDW.
    Frequent WDW visitor since 1976!
    Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age.And dreams are forever.....

Post Thanks / Like

I was there 2 weeks ago and it was fantastic. We were on the dining plan so it was a great value. We had no problems what so ever with service. We did go rather early (5:30) so that might help if there are service problems we never saw it though. We all had fish and it was delicious and the servings were a nice size. The chocolate wave is to die for - it alone is worth the trip.
    Alice
    Disney Junkie and vacation planner
    10 trips and counting
    Next up June '14 very quick trip :)

Natazu Guest

Throughout the history of the Coral Reef, it has always had mixed reviews. I've personally never had a bad meal there. I do miss the surf-n-turf but I'm happy with the current selections. The restaurant is a little noisy now that the DDP cost is 1TS (it used to be 2) but I'll live with it to save the credit.

What I think:
    When someplace has some positive and some negative reviews, the logical thing to do is try it out for yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

My food was inedible, DH's was good. The service was extraordinarily slow and we literally tripped over people trying to get in and out of there. I will not be going back. My kids did enjoy watching the tank but lost interest after the first 1.5 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Not my favorite. I wasn't a fan, not a good menu, not good service (like someone said, we were there for like 2 + hours) the food wasn't that good. Personally, the only plus was sitting near the fish tank, but I would rather walk around the living seas looking at the tanks and eat somewhere else.
    First Trip: 1990 Fort Wilderness Campground
    1990-2006: Annual Pass Holder
    2002: Spring WDW College Program
    2005: First Disneyland Trip
    2007: Double Tree Suites DTD
    Engagement Trip
    11/6/2007 - 11/13/09 Regal Sun Resort DTD
    Next Trip
    Honeymoon
    9/1/09 - 9/10/09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me or is it like going to a farm and sitting by the cows as you munch on your burger?

Either that or I feel like Danny Tanner is still trying to propose some where and Jessie and Joey will pop up any moment swimming in the tank.
    07-08 Prem Annual Pass-logged 27 days!
    06 Off Prop- Renaissance
    06 PC
    06 Off Prop-DTD
    05 Off Prop- DTD
    05 Off Prop- Masters Inn
    04 WL
    03 Off Prop- Masters Inn
    02 College Program
    99 ASM
    96 Off Property-Magic Music Days
    94 POR (Dixiel Landings forever)

Post Thanks / Like

i only ate there once in the 80s. made an ADR for May but im second guessing myself and may change it.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

We ate at the Coral Reef in January - I would recommend skipping it and going elsewhere. Watch the fish in the living seas and dine somewhere else - where you'll get better service and food.
    BCV June 2009
    Swan Mar 2009
    OKW Sept 2008
    BCV July 2007
    BCV Dec 2006
    AKL Jan 2006
    ASM Oct 2005
    BCV Oct 2005
    BCV May 2005
    BCV Dec 2004 (our first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

We're in the minority here - we had a very good experience last September. I was dubious as well, but decided to risk it.

We did have to wait a while to get seated, but we also got there about 20 minutes early hoping to get lucky, so that made the wait seem longer.

DH said the steak was the best he had that whole trip. The crab claws appetizer was GREAT. I ordered the seafood souffle and wasn't a huge fan, but more because I was expecting a crabcake consistency/flavor and got something different. I really liked my salmon entree.

Service was pretty good. For the most part our waiter was very attentive, but there was a period when it seemed as though all his other tables were settling the bill at the same time and we had to wait for refills for a few minutes.

We're not going back on this next trip, but only because we are taking the in-laws and don't think it would appeal to them. We'll definitely return on future trips.
    Daytrip 2001
    HI FamilySuites (now Nick Hotel) 2003
    POR - 2005
    WL 2006, 2007

Cabins 2008
    Jan. '10 DS turns 5 - quick trip with Mommy at ASMo
    June '10 Grand Gathering at the Cabins
    Fall '11 POP last minute surprise
    Summer 2012 Beach Club and Cars Art of Animation

Post Thanks / Like

We went in Dec. 05 and loved it so much it was a must do when we returned in Dec.06. We have had great service and good food and great atmosphere. I've never had slow meal and our waiters have been pleasant. Maybe it was the glowtini but we had fun.
    It would be ashame to miss a great time but also ashame if your visit was a flop
    I would give it a shot!!
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in December -- after our extraordinary wait (45 minutes or so after our ADR) I was pleasantly surprised by the meal and service. The food was really good and we received very good service - the CM was attentive but not overbearing. It was a little loud -- I imagine the tank throws the acoustics off or something.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there last November, and the service was terrible. We had ressies, still had to wait a long time for our table, and then waitress took forever to even come over to our table.

Our waittress only had like 4 tables to service, and she would dissappear for long periods of time and not once did my drink glass get refilled.

In my opinion for the price of the meal the portions were not very big, and the choices were slim. My steak was underdone (I am not a fan of bloody meat) and my DH steak was overdone (burnt around the edges) tough to chew.

This is the only restaurant that I will not visit again.

Kristine----Mom to David and Kassandra
    Oct 2005 DVC Members SSR
    Jan 2006 SSR
    OKW Oct 31-Nov 6 2006 shhh its a secret
    OKW May 11-15 2007 Me Time
    OKW Sep-Oct 2007 Family X-mas Gift
    DCL Jan 2009 1st cruise (just DH and I)
    Next up Oct-Nov 2009 Land and Sea

Post Thanks / Like

I ate there in January. I thought the service was good, the food was excellent, and the atmosphere was amazing. I had the vegetable strudel, lobster bisque and chocolate wave. all were to die for. My meal at Marrakesh was even better, so if I had to choose one restaurant in Epcot, that would get my vote.
    1990-Polynesian, 1998-All-Star Music, 2002-Off Property , 2003-All Star Music, 2007- Pop Century (twice) , 2008-Old Key West, 2008-Off Property, 2009-POFQ,2010-off property, 2011 - POFQ
    Next Up . . . . November 23-30, 2013- Off Property at the Star Island Resort.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't waste a dinner on it. If you really wanna eat there try lunch. I feel this is one of the Resturants that DDP has killed . Five years ago the food was good, service was good. Now the menu has changed to the 'cheaper entrees', no matter what I'm getting my 18%. If you do go, the Lobster bisque is excellent, its a shame you can't get it for take out.
    DVC Member since 03 , Have been "Home" just too many times before to list. June 6 next visit.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: