Quantcast Fielin's 30th birthday trip 20-28th of March , day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fielin's 30th birthday trip 20-28th of March , day 2

CMs :

Fielin (me) : 29, until the 23rd
    Julien (my dbf) : 25

At 7:15, Stitch rang us to tell us it was time to wake up. We immediately knew the magic surrounded us.

We were still tired from the trip, but we were so excited, there was no way we would go back to sleep.

We took a bus to MK and arrived at 8:55 am, just before the Good Morning. We went through the gate and saw Chip and Dale, our favorites, waving at us.

We've been about a thousand times to Disneyland Paris, and were curious to see the differences with MK.

It's a strange impression : everything globally the same, but there are some subtle differences, except for tomorrowland that is completely different.

What we did :
    Pirates of the carribean : I do not like this attraction in France, and did not find it better in MK, except for the face of barbarossa which is great.

Jungle Cruise : we just loved it. The CM was absolutely hilarious ! He single handedly made this ride worthwhile.

Big Thunder Mountain : It's much better than the french version. The theming is great, the sceneries are beautiful. Liked it.

Splash Mountain : boy was this wet ! "You may get wet", they say ! You will, more like it. We loved it. The dark ride part is fantastic, and the thrill part is not that thrilling, but very fun.

Monster Comedy Warehouse : This was great. The audience was rolling on the floor laughing. This was an excellent surprise, as I had read some very negative reviews here. It is not as good as turtle talk with crush, but it is very good.

Stitch's great escape : not worth the time. But I think this is the kind of attractions you have to do at least once. It was fun, but not worth coming back to. Parents beware, all the kids began crying, shouting, and had to go out before the ride ended.

We also saw a parade on main street and The YoaMD show near the castle. Then we went back to the hotel in order to rest and get prepared to go to California Grill for Dinner.

The Dinner was fantastic food was good (not great), and we got to see Wishes from the top of the roof. Our table was decorated for my birthday (although it was not yet my birthday, but hey, I already had my "Happy Birthday" badge.), although I had not asked for anything special.

This was a wonderful evening, as our waitress made a point to speak with us, and offered great service (for which she was tipped extra even though we were on the dining plan).

We came back to the hotel to realize mousekeeping had worked some magic : animals everywhere in the bathroom, which we had not seen in the afternoon.

This was the end of an exciting second day... And our last in POP, as we would hop to AKL the day after...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing....sounds like your trip was off to a great start. Looking forward to the rest of your report.
    Last edited by dtootsie42; 04-01-2007 at 02:01 PM. Reason: mistyped a sentence

Post Thanks / Like

What a grand day! You certainly did a lot of the attractions (and it's heartening to hear that people are liking the new Laugh Floor). Can't wait to hear about your impressions of AKL! Onto your next day!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been to the park in France so it's fun to hear your opinions on the differences between the two. Sounds like a wonderful first day which you topped off with one of my favorite Disney World restaurants!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy to read a positive review about the Laugh Floor. Cali Grill and fireworks sound wonderful.
    Thank for sharing your day.
    Karen
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a really great day.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

pogo Guest

Now that's what I call a wonderfull Disney day.

On to read day three.

Post Thanks / Like

What a perfect first day! I really enjoyed your comparision to Disneyland Paris. Thanks for sharing.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see if you rode Space Mountain, but the themeing is different from the Jules Verne-y theme in France. I love them both, but I am a real sap for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea so for me the version in France wins out just a bit.
    Once as a kid
    Sept 1992 with hubby offsite
    May 2005 Disneyland Paris!
    Sept 2005 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2007 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2009 with hubby - AS Sports!
    Sept 2014 with hubby - POP!

Post Thanks / Like

I've not read much about Disneyland Paris, so its really interesting to hear your comparisons. Glad you're enjoying yourself!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR