Quantcast Fielin's 30th birthday trip 20-28th of March

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fielin's 30th birthday trip 20-28th of March

The CMs

Fielin (me) : 29 until the 23, then 30 !
    Julien (my dbf) : 25

On the 20th we left France at 1 pm, and arrived at ORlando at 10:30 pm. This was a 14 hours trip, and when we finally reached the Magical Express bus, we waited approximately half an hour for it to depart.

Arrived at 11:20 in our first hotel : POP. The first impression was great. We immediately knew we would love it there. This was our first trip to WDW, and we were extremely excited... But also exhausted.

So exhausted, in fact, that, like Dory, I had a complete loss of short term memory.

We checked in, the cast member was just great. I stopped on the way to our room to take two blurry photos... And doing this, I opened the door to disaster.

When we arrived at the door of our room (which was in the 90s), I suddenly realised that I had lost our passports, our keys to the world, my passporter, and my VISA card.

I searched my memory to know where I had left it, and could not remember anything about it. I was so tired, I wanted to curl up and cry... But instead, I decided to trust the magic of Disney, and went back to the main hall.

The CM immediately recognized me, and saw that I was in panic. He began telling me something, but I was already in panic mode, and, stuttering, completely losing my control over English language, tried to explain that I had lost everything, and did not know where I had left it.

He simply smiled, reached under the counter, and said : a gentleman just brought this for you...

Everything was there !

I came back to the room, tired but relieved and smiling. These holidays were going to be perfect.

We went directly to bed, and slept until 7:30 am.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Fielin, thank goodness for the travel fairies! I once thought I lost my passport and plane tickets (in a restroom, no less) and thank goodness they were miraculously still there when I returned. I'm so glad that your documents weren't lost!

Thanks for reporting... we're looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

What a dramatic beginning to your trip! I'm so glad there was a happy ending to your crisis!

Like ElenitaB, I once left my pocketbook on the shelf of the Fort Wilderness rest room! I was in such a panic when I realized what I had done! I rushed back as quickly as I could and found the purse sitting right where I had left it! A little Disney magic combined with the wonderful world of folks who camp!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! That's one start to a trip! Thankfully it was a positive start! Can't wait to hear the rest of it! And i too had planned to go for my 30th birthday and celebrate in WDW - but couldn't wait - so we are going this year instead of next - who knows.. maybe i'll have to give in and go again in 2008.
    ASMov/CSR - Oct 2010
    CSR/Ft Wilderness Cabins - June 2009
    POFQ - June 2007
    AKL - First time to WDW! - Dec 2005

Anytime I purchase, read, watch, promote, or travel to (and purchase some more) anything Disney I am not spending money - I am investing in my future as a proud disney stock holder.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, I hope you were able to rest after that scare. I'm glad all was well.
    Karen
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

wow glad everything was there.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

pogo Guest

Well you are off to an exciting start..... maybe too exciting. I'm sure you were in panic mode when you discovered you had lost all the most important documents and your visa card.

I hope your trip gets better...... off to read more.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy that your trip did not begin with tragedy! What a relief that all of your documents were returned to you so quickly. I hope that is a good sign that your trip will be full of magic like that.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Whew! What a relief that your things were found! I know what it's like to be brain dead after a full day of travel. Looking forward to the rest of your reports.
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR