Quantcast Do Fast Passes Expire?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do Fast Passes Expire?

I noticed someone passing on information on another site that Fast Passes at DLR do not expire and therefore a guest will be able to enter the fast pass line for a ride anytime after the time window printed on the pass. I thought that this only happpens if 1)a ride has temporarily closed and will reopen later, or 2) a cast member accomodates the guest out of courtesy.

What is the actual policy of DLR regarding the expiration time printed on Fast Passes?
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."

Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The original policy was they wanted you to come back at that window they tell you to. If the park was really busy, then they understood that there was no way you'd make some of those times.

Anymore it seems like they've taken my passes even after the expired time. They just won't let you on early. But that's just my experience with it.

I think their main concern is the amount of fast pass people versus people in line. If there is a disproportionate amount of fast pass people, they normally stop the fast people to let the standby line flow better for a time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Babe View Post
    I noticed someone passing on information on another site that Fast Passes at DLR do not expire and therefore a guest will be able to enter the fast pass line for a ride anytime after the time window printed on the pass. I thought that this only happpens if 1)a ride has temporarily closed and will reopen later, or 2) a cast member accomodates the guest out of courtesy.

What is the actual policy of DLR regarding the expiration time printed on Fast Passes?
    Hey there Disneybabe... at DLR (our favorite destination! ) You can use your FP any time after the time listed on the pass. The CMs are very good about realizing that sometimes it's not possible to make it back to the attraction during the 2 hour window of FP opportunity and they will accept them any time after the posted times. I normally make sure to get an Indy FP first thing in the morning and use it right before I leave the park in the evening. I am sure this isn't the official policy, but I DO love it...

I did use my FPs at WDW in the same fashion and never got any odd looks or denials.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both for responding so quickly. I'm glad to hear that information is correct. I was a little concerned for the first timer that had received this information and I didn't want her to get into a situation where she was turned away!

I like to get a Fast Pass for Indy in the morning too. Now that I know about this I won't have to plan my day around that FP time window. Fantastic!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

The last two times I was there, they did not expire. The CM's would take your fast pass anytime after the start time right up until closing time. I asked them to make sure last time and they said yes anytime after the start time. The reason they can do this is that there is a limited number of fast passes for the ride, so on a busy day it wouldn't matter because once all the fast passes are gone they are gone. They know that not everyone will or can make it back in time or at one time so there is never a problem with over crowding because there is a pre-set number of fast passes for the day.

Post Thanks / Like

The last time I went (March 07) my fast passes DID expire. We returned after the time on the fast pass and we were told we could not get in the fast pass line.

It happened on two different rides Space Mountain and Soarin. On different days.

So if it is really important to get on Indy, I might not take the chance of returning after the fast pass time.
    Swifter, Higher, Stronger

Post Thanks / Like

We were at DLR last week and our fast passes did not expire. We used most of them after the expiration time. The only comment we got was on Splash Mountain. It was about 9:30 PM and the fast pass time was 10:15 AM. At first the cast member said we had to wait until 10:15 until he realixed that it was AM not PM. We all had a good laugh and he let us right in.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: