Quantcast Car Rental Tips/Discounts

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Car Rental Tips/Discounts

We are flying into Orlando in October and taking a weekend to visit family in Port Charlotte before spending almost a week at WDW. I have looked at all of the car rental sites and searched for discounts, and the best discount I have found is either a class upgrade or about $25 off the total bill. I am looking at about $350 for a mid-sized car for 10 days.

Is this the best rate I’m going to get, or does anyone have any ideas on how to get a cheaper rate?

Thanks!
    WDW: Last Trip October '07; Next Trip 12/09
    Disneyland: Last Trip 10/08; Next trip 2/09

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Go to Dollar and click on specials. Use Promo Code KISS2. This is a general public code. It gave me a rate of $286.72 for a midsize. I used it for our trip coming up in April and it saved us around $140 for a minivan.

Kathy

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to be in Orlando September for 9 days. We will be renting a car from National and it started at 350.00 and now it is down to 245.00. I just call about once a month and it has gone down two times since the first time I called. We are also getting a mid-size car. I like National because it is at the airport and is easy to rent from. Check in to getting a Emerald club card, that can save you some money.

Post Thanks / Like

I began pricing rental cars from National in December, and started with a $645 rate for 15 days. Outrageous! No way I was booking that. Well, a few weeks ago I re-priced through my Emerald Aisle membership, and the rate was down to $420. Naturally I booked the mid-size car.

After National sent me an e-coupon a few days ago, our rate is $375 - or $25 a day for an Intermediate. As E-OR mentioned, just keep checking back with them. I believe the Emerald Aisle card is free now, so I would take the time & complete the membership form. Make certain to indicate you want to receive e-mails & special offers for them. I should add that you may not find any real good deals until a bit closer to your trip.

Happy Planning!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Both Dollar and National are at the airport. I like both and use whichever has the lowest price. I wish Dollar had something like National's Emearld Aisle but for a saving like our April trip I can spend a few minutes at the Dollar counter.

Kathy

Post Thanks / Like

The KISS2 rate really works. I started with over 600.00 for a minivan (school vacation week) and it dropped to 250 (with all fees) with that code. I was on top of the world that day
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great tips, I will definitely check these out. The only other times I rented a car were for work, where I didn't choose the most expensive option, but I certainly didn't spend days trying to find cheaper deals.

Thanks for all your help!
    WDW: Last Trip October '07; Next Trip 12/09
    Disneyland: Last Trip 10/08; Next trip 2/09

Post Thanks / Like

Cheapest deal I found was with the KISS2 code. There is another web site that lists codes. After checking each one, the dollar code was the best. Rental prices change (some daily), If you have a personal preference I would continue to check back with that carrier. We have done well in the past with National Emerald Isle, It was nice just to walk up and pick out a car without going to the counter. Their prices were about 100$ more than the Dollar code this year.
    DVC Member since 03 , Have been "Home" just too many times before to list. June 6 next visit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Through the looking Glass View Post
    Cheapest deal I found was with the KISS2 code. There is another web site that lists codes. After checking each one, the dollar code was the best. Rental prices change (some daily), If you have a personal preference I would continue to check back with that carrier. We have done well in the past with National Emerald Isle, It was nice just to walk up and pick out a car without going to the counter. Their prices were about 100$ more than the Dollar code this year.
    Yes, you were the one who passed it on to me!! That was a great day!! Thanks again!! Our trips are almost here!!
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: