Quantcast Meet the Robinsons Discussion [Merged] - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

We went to see it in 3D at a theater in Memphis, TN this weekend. We really enjoyed the movie. If you can see it 3D make sure you go.

Kathy

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So I guess if you see it in 2d, you see a Mickey and Goofy short?

In 3-d, you see a Chip & Dale 3D cartoon from the 50s.

Didn't see the hidden mickeys, but saw weathered "Jungle Book" and "Toy Story" signs on the fence of the baseball field. So those who see it can check to see how many others were out there.

Didn't see a U2 trailer, but the "Nightmare before Christmas" 3d trailer had some of us ready to check that out.

Oh, the movie. Not the best ever, but it was fun. Wouldn't mind seeing it again if the 5 year old demands it, but wouldn't watch it too many times.

Would have loved to have seen "Incredibles" in this format!
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

We saw the 3D version opening night. I wish they had a different cartoon then the one they have at Disney that plays every 2 hours on the "secret" channel. I thought the movie was bizarre but cute. Loved the scenic references to Disney World and the quote at the end made this sentimental Disney fool tear up. And no, there was nothing you missed if you didn't get to see the credits. We stuck till the very end and all they had were the characters popping through at times.

Post Thanks / Like

The short at the beginning of the movie at our showing (2D) was "Boat Builders". (I believe that was the title.) It revolved around Mickey, Donald, and Goofy building their own boat.

Although the movie was good, the classic short before the movie and the quote at the end are what made things great for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Meet the Robinsons was AWESOME.
    WAY TO GO DISNEY
    For true Walt Disney fans, the quote at the end brings a tear, and the audience seemed to love the 3D. Our audience also clapped at the end, which is great, can't wait for the DVD and the next one. This movie was a thousand times better than I expected
    1979-1998 various sites on and off property
    10/98 married @ the Wedding Pavilion
    CBR Honeymoon
    2-3x's a year since 1998 to present
    next visit May 3 to May 7

Post Thanks / Like

Default Meet the Robinsons...

For all of you that have seen Meet the Robinsons, I want to know your opinions. I, personally, thought it was fantastic! It was interesting and I love how it built up and was all tied together at the very end....then when they threw in the quote from Walt and how they integrated his "keep moving forward" philosophy in there...I thought was great! I also loved how they threw in little pieces of the parks in. Like the booths at the restaurant with the castle, how the modern world kind of resembled parks of MGM on on on....I give the movie two thumbs up!
    Kristi Kay
    2003 CP Cast Member

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
    –Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I loved it! Even my boyfriend who is a WDW freak in training liked it. The quote by Walt at the end made me tear up abit. Just cause I miss WDW real bad lately. Two thumbs up here too!
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Not quite agreeing with the previous posters. I would have to say that this was one of my least favorite Disney movies in some time.
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    The quote by Walt at the end made me tear up abit. Just cause I miss WDW real bad lately. Two thumbs up here too!
    Oh good... I'm not the only one!

I liked the movie (even though I fell asleep for a little bit due to fatigue caused by medical treatment) quite a lot... and was intrigued by the way they worked in the issue of family. It was not the movie I expected but I enjoyed it for what it was! I also give it

Oh, and the 3D was amazing!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Grr I wish I could see in in 3-d we had to see in the regular theatre cause my astigmatism stops me from seeing 3d properly LOL just dont tell mom, she doesnt know I cant ever see Philharmagic correctly
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I went on Sunday with my best friend Melissa(we are both 23 ) and we watched it in 3D. WE loved the Chip 'n' Dale cartoon before the movie and the movie was incredible. We were both crying like babies at the end and I even cried more when I saw the quote from Walt Disney. I would pay to see it again
    *cant wait for the DVD *
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who cried at this movie! I think I'm going to go see it again tonight!
    Kristi Kay
    2003 CP Cast Member

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
    –Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad I missed it in 3D. I thought it was hilarious...DH and I were laughing through the "bizzare" parts. My DS loves the signing frogs
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. Saw this on Monday. Really did not enjoy it. Visually it was stunning in Disney 3D. That is the best thing I can say about it.

Honestly I think it goes back to Disney's dark years of animation (Black Cauldron). It actually bothered me that this went out with the Disney name on it. I found myself physically squirming in my chair at some points in the movie. Just wanted to get up and leave. Would have had it not been for my friend.

I was also saddened by the fact that I chuckled more at the cartoon in front of the "feature presentation", and that was made 50 years ago. Sigh

Ok. Hope I am not the only one who feels this way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise Pier Pinocchio View Post

Ok. Hope I am not the only one who feels this way.

I assure you, you are not!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Just got home, saw the moving in 3-D.... and we loved it.

Felt it was a good story, it was funny in many ways. It had humor for all age levels. I loved the way it all comes together in the end. At the very beginning I thought it might end up being a little slow, but very soon we were both laughing out loud.

I also liked the fact that the characters looked like cartoons. Sure, it was all CGI, but they didn't try to make them look like real people. I think cartoon people should look like cartoons.

Can't wait for it to come out on video so I can see it again. I know there are jokes and puns that I missed.

I also really enjoyed the cartoon before the movie. I was amazed at the 3-D that was produced so long ago. I really wish they'd get back to showing cartoons at movies.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I just returned from seeing this movie. I really loved watching it in 3D (especially the short at the beginning!) but I have to agree that the story wasn't one of my favorites. While I LOVED Toy Story (both 1 and 2), Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles - Meet the Robinson's didn't quite live up to the same standard. I thought the story was too confusing - especially when they tried to introduce all of those characeters at once. I also didn't really like the part about his mom abandoning him - I just had my first DD a few months ago and it broke my heart to think about anyone giving up their baby. Anyway, I'm glad I saw it in 3D but it probably won't be added to my Disney DVD collection.
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw MTR yesterday in 3D. I really enjoyed it. If you have the option to see MTR in 3D it is well worth the effort and extra cost for the glasses. While not the best flick to come out of Walt Disney Feature Animation it is far from the worst. I would give MTR 4 out of 5 stars. The Chip and Dale short before the film really makes makes me want to see WDFA start doing hand drawn animation again in addition to the computer animation they do.
    Clay
    Old Dominion University
    Class of 2001

I got bit by the Big Blue Beast and I loved it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Just got home, saw the moving in 3-D.... and we loved it.

I also liked the fact that the characters looked like cartoons. Sure, it was all CGI, but they didn't try to make them look like real people. I think cartoon people should look like cartoons.

Can't wait for it to come out on video so I can see it again. I know there are jokes and puns that I missed.
    Good point. I totally agree - they were getting too realistic there for a while.

Maybe we should start a Cartoon People rights group? LOL
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we saw this on Saturday, but since it was for Conor's birthday party, I can't really give a review as I was up half the time (more juice, more popcorn, telling them to stop throwing popcorn, trips to the bathroom.... ) I did tear up at the end and would really love to see it agan (without interruption!) at a 3-D showing!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: