Quantcast Wow, the pollen here is terrible!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow, the pollen here is terrible!!

My friend just sent me a pic from her backyard, she lives off a nearby lake outside Atlanta.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...o0bsWs&notag=1

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We're having that same problem here in Alabama. Several of the lakes look like that (not to mention my normally silver car is solid yellow). With no rain for 29 straight days during the pollen season it leads to bad things for people with allergies.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Here in southern Indiana we are several days to about a week behind you on the pollen issue. The big difference for us is that we keep getting a good 3/4 to one inch of rain once a week or there abouts to help keep it settled.

On a slightly different topic, I looked out the back window of my house yesterday and there on the edge of the pond were 5 really large turtles sunning themselves! Four of the turtles were paired off doing what comes natural this time of year so I suspect there will be eggs and baby turtles in the near future!

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes- my nose is running just looking at that!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

It's really bad this year in east Texas too. We've had quite a bit of rain, but it hasn't helped at all. Everyone has yellow cars!
    1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1991 - Port Orleans FQ
    1998 - Wilderness Cabins
    2001 - All Star Music
    2002 - Dolphin
    2003 - Coronado Springs
    2005 - Polynesian
    2007 - Port Orleans Riverside, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Springs
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2011 & 2016 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Al Gore is sure to hear about this.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad here, too.

North Alabama has been officially declared in a drought right now. Pollen is everywhere, and there's lots of dust added to it, since the cotton farmers are getting their fields ready to plant.

I've had two doctors in this area tell me that Huntsville is allergy territory--something about it being in the Tennessee River Valley, where allergens can't blow away as easily as they can in other cities. I know people who never suffered from allergies at all until they moved to Huntsville; DH being one of them.

Maybe I should go outside and wash my car. It usually rains when I do that.......
    1992...off site
    1996...Dixie Landings
    1997...off site
    2000...Dixie Landings
    2002...Wilderness Lodge
    2004...POR
    2004...POFQ
    2005...15th anniversary!
    2007...October trip with the DD's!
    2008.. October trip! Woooohoooo!!
    2010...April trip! DD's are marching in the MK!

War Eagle!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, here in Maine we are all anxiously awaiting the pollen because that would mean it was warm. Just when I think it is getting close to flip flop time the darn temps fall back down again and we have to bundle all up again. I have a serious case of spring fever.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boojum View Post
    North Alabama has been officially declared in a drought right now. Pollen is everywhere, and there's lots of dust added to it, since the cotton farmers are getting their fields ready to plant.

Maybe I should go outside and wash my car. It usually rains when I do that.......
    Never fear. It looks like the pattern is finally shifting for April and Alabama should begin getting some good looks at rain. I remember last year when I was still living in Huntsville it seemed like it hardly rained at all, and this year has been more of the same. We've been a little wetter in Montgomery, but not much.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Pollen is TERRIBLE here... been in the 70s-80s for the last 2-3 weeks with no rain, and everything is yellow/green.

I mowed my lawn yesterday and came in with formerly white, now yellow/green sneakers.

Our roads look like there was a dusting of snow... tire tracks, etc., except yellow rather than white.

Thank the powers-that-be for generic cheap Claritin or life would bite beyond all reason at the moment. As it is, the Claritin-esque product allows me to mow my lawn and walk outside with only a bit of a sniffle rather than feeling like I was runover by a truck.

My allergist told me 6 years ago, the first spring I lived in pollen-land (aka central NC), to start a drug like allegra or claritin at about the end of Feb, so that it could build up in my system by the beginning of the allergy season and keep the head-junk away. She was totally right.
    Kat
    DVC Member, home resort BWV
    1985, 1991, 1993 Off-site
    September 2006 Coronado Springs
    October 2006 POFQ/CSR
    January 2007 CBR/OKW
    May 2007 CSR/VWL
    Sept 2007 CSR/BCV/BWV

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: