Quantcast Go Annually & Stay At A Value Or Go Every Other Year & Stay At A Deluxe? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Go To WDW Annually & Stay In A Value or Go Every Other Year & Stay In Deluxe

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go To WDW Annually & Stay At A Value Resort

93 61.59%
  • Go To WDW Every Other Year & Stay At A Deluxe Resort

58 38.41%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Another option is to try a delux resort and then do a short weekend or 3 day weekend trip to a value. We did that in 2005. We stayed at the CR and did enjoy the MK view. Generally I would go to the value so that I could visit more often. Luckily for me, i just moved in Oct 06 and now WDW is only a hour and a half drive!!! We have already been 3 times since then!!!.
    Just remember any day at Disney is better than a day somewhere else.
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

deluxe for us. we spend a lot of time at the resorts. where we stay is just as important as the parks for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm.....I couldn't vote but the replies were very interesting!! We bought a timeshare offsite so we can go every year and it costs us less than a week at a value resort. We have 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, laundry, great pools and we are about 5 minutes from Downtown Disney.

If I did have the option to stay at Disney I would have a hard time deciding. The value resorts would be fine for me but, on the other hand, we tend to spend a lot of time at the resort so a bigger place is pretty important. I can't decide!!! Can I go every three years and stay at a Home Away from Home resort? That would be my best option although three years is a long time!!!
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a no-brainer for me -- More Disney trips is better!!!!

As others have said, you don't spend that much time in your room anyway. Compare prices: $82/night Value vs. $215/night Deluxe (cheapest.) [Value Season - Standard room]

I'll visit the Deluxes to go to dinner, but I think the money is more wisely spent getting more trips.

Post Thanks / Like

I went with going every year and staying at a value. The deluxe hotels are nice, but we spend very little time in our rooms, so when it comes down to it, most of my memories are of the fun things we do in the parks other things around WDW, not of the room. To stay at Poly, I'd skip a year one time to stay there once, but overall, I'd rather go every year.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for the go annually in value, but its not that cut and dry to me.

If my visit is relatively short, like 3 or 4 days, I'd be inclined to do the go every year in the value. The room wouldn't be used for much more than sleeping and I wouldn't be as inclined to use the resort (pools, etc.), since I'd be in the park.

If the visit is fairly long, say a week or more, I might be more inclined to go every other year in the deluxe. On a longer visit, you can take more in, enjoy the resorts more, and not feel as rushed in the parks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    No brainer for me. I've never stayed at a deluxe, and doubt I ever will. I don't need the "luxury", it's not me. A value bed sleeps the same as a deluxe bed, and I'd bet the value shower gets me just as clean.

I like the atmosphere at the values, I like the food courts.

I have stayed at moderates, and that's splurging enough for me.

I wouldn't pay $50 for a candy bar, and I can't see paying 3 or 4 hundred a night for a bed.

But that's just me.
    I agree with everything Marker said.
    James

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go every year if I could, but honestly, at this point I'd settle for a value every other year.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

I know this may sound crazy, but I think if we went every year WDW would lose a little bit of its luster for us...or we more accurately, we would get a little too spoiled to truly appreciate it if we went every year.

I can't really comment on the value resorts since I've never stayed at one, but we do love the moderate (CBR) and deluxe (Poly and Beach Club) resorts we've stayed in before.

We especially love the Poly ... it's everything "Disney" to us.
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We only get 1 vacation @ yr and we're gonna do it right. We go every year AND stay @ deluxe resort. Not to sound pretentious, but we work hard and save $ all year for the pleasure of staying @ WDW and don't want to spend any more time on transportation than absolutely necessary! And we accomplish that by staying @ the deluxe resorts. PLus, we do spend a little more time @ the resort if we're closer! So, for us, the extra expense is worth it!
    1975 - Off site
    1980 - Golf Resort
    1981 - Poly
    1982 - CT
    1983 - Poly
    1989 - CBR
    1998 - CBR
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pook@wdw View Post
    We only get 1 vacation @ yr and we're gonna do it right. We go every year AND stay @ deluxe resort. Not to sound pretentious, but we work hard and save $ all year for the pleasure of staying @ WDW and don't want to spend any more time on transportation than absolutely necessary! And we accomplish that by staying @ the deluxe resorts. PLus, we do spend a little more time @ the resort if we're closer! So, for us, the extra expense is worth it!

We feel the same way. Also I know alot of people have said a bed is a bed but DH and I just don't sleep well in anything smaller than a queen so the money is well worth it to us, it would be no fun to be cranky from a bad nights sleep. We do spend a few hours every afternoon at the resort swimming and relaxing so we do feel we get our moneys worth from a deluxe.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

mttafire Guest

Default every other

My vote is every other. Deluxe resorts are NICE Plus time flies and we have found that skipping a year or two makes it even MORE special!

Post Thanks / Like

It's been four years since our last trip. And again, we're staying at a value. If it were us, we would stay at a Deluxe just because we never have, and you don't want to get "Disney out."
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Tuscaloosa, AL, 582.10 miles from Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

We choose to go every year and stay at the pop. Maybe one day we will be in a position to stay in a deluxe, but I think I would still rather spend the extra money on something else.

We spend less than 10 hours in the room each day, so the value resorts are money well spent!
    WDW 9/2011 Pop Century
    WDW 4/2011 Pop Century
    WDW 8/2010 Pop Century
    WDW 4/2007 Pop Century
    WDW 4/2006 Pop Century
    WDW 5/2005 Pop Century
    WDW 5/2002 Hilton/ASMovies
    WDW 5/2000 Off Site
    WDW 6/1997 ASMusic
    WDW 1991 Lake Buena Vista Palace
    WDW 1990 Off Site
    WDW 1987 Cont
    WDW 1983 Poly

Post Thanks / Like

We go every other year and stay at an Epcot location deluxe. For us, it's just not the Ultimate Disney if we stay anywhere else.The location of the Epcot resorts is as big a part of the magic as the parks themselves. We go every other year for two reasons.
    1) We want to keep the magic and anticipation alive and new.We never want it to be taken for granted or become mundane
    2) We also have many other places in the US/Abroad that we like to take our children to see the world and that is what we do on the "Off" Disney year.
    My kids love this alternating between new and exciting destinations and then the "familiar"WDW the next year.
    It is really not a money issue but more of us getting the best of all the world for us.
    Kim, Mom of Two Russian Angels

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I'd love to go every year, I'd choose the deluxe-every-other-year option.

It's worth it to us to be comfortable and have close access that the Poly offers.
    Mindy

'79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98~Off Property
    2006~Polynesian
    2007~Just for the weekend!!
    2009~Wilderness Lodge
    2010~Hilton DTD
    Next up . . . Poly, 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I think that i would prefer to go every other year and stay in a Deluxe resort. I guess i would like to be really spoiled every other year

But if i had to really choose..i think it a win-win situation. You get to go to WDW either way
    Aubree

Disney Trips:

01/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    02/05 - Port Orleans - Riverside
    03/01- Polynesian
    11/97 - Polynesian
    11/91 - Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

We prefer the Deluxe (AKL) but I voted annaully. That is what I and DD11 would vote. DW and DD9 would vote deluxe ever other year.
    NYE 2008 and 2009 POFQ
    Aug 2008 and 2009 BWV and Poly
    Nov 2003, Jan 2005 and 2006 - AKL
    May 2001 - CR (work)
    Nov 2000 - CSR
    July 2000 - Hilton offsite (work)
    Nov 1999 - CSR
    Aug 1997 - Sheraton offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: