Quantcast Go Annually & Stay At A Value Or Go Every Other Year & Stay At A Deluxe?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Go To WDW Annually & Stay In A Value or Go Every Other Year & Stay In Deluxe

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go To WDW Annually & Stay At A Value Resort

93 61.59%
  • Go To WDW Every Other Year & Stay At A Deluxe Resort

58 38.41%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Go Annually & Stay At A Value Or Go Every Other Year & Stay At A Deluxe?

Poll: Would you opt for going on an annual trip to WDW and staying at a Value Resort, or would you choose to go every other year if it meant you could then afford to stay in a Deluxe Resort?

I select an annual trip & stay at a Value (the Pop). However, it is a dream of mine to stay in the Poly or Beach Club, but I'd have to save too long to do it.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

No contest for my family - if we needed to stay at a lower-end resort & go every year versus every other year, we'd take the "every year" every time!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

AwPhooey is offline Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd choose deluxe every-other-year if all of the following were true:
    - the cost was double the cost of an annual value stay (I've never done the math, but I'm assuming that's not the case)
    - my length of stay would be the same no matter which option I chose
    - my decision to use/not use the DDP would be the same no matter which option I chose

I think I go with this option because I don't typically go every year (the last few trips have been atypical) and I've never stayed at a deluxe (though I have stayed at the Disney Inn and Dolphin, but they were many years ago).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KylesMom View Post
    No contest for my family - if we needed to stay at a lower-end resort & go every year versus every other year, we'd take the "every year" every time!
    Well Said.

Post Thanks / Like

I know that the values are nice, but as a family of five I would rather wait and stay at a deluxe that can accomodate my entire family in one room rather than buy two value rooms. Also, I love the theming of most of the deluxe resorts. It usually take two years to save up for the next trip anyway and it makes the magic even more magical when you wait.
    It's not 'work' if your doing something you enjoy. Let's just say that I 'work' 5 days out of every 7.

And why do I work? So that I can take my family to WDW, silly goose!

00 - Swan
    03 - Caribbean Beach
    04 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    06 - POR
    07 - Contemporary
    08 - POR
    09 - POR
    2010 - Disney Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

My vote is to do the value resort every year. How much time do you really spend in your resort room? We're always on the go, and the only time we're at the room is when we are sleeping.

Post Thanks / Like

Like AwPhooey, I'd choose to go every other year and stay in a deluxe. I love staying at the Magic Kingdom resorts and would definitely go every other year if it meant staying at a Deluxe. I've always stayed in the Deluxes, before there ever were moderates or values, and that's what I'm used to. My family also spends some downtime at the resorts, so it's not just a place to sleep for us. The moderates and values are a good idea and it's great that there are various price options for people with differing priorities, which this post illustrates.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

I would go every other year and stay at a deluxe.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

No brainer for me. I've never stayed at a deluxe, and doubt I ever will. I don't need the "luxury", it's not me. A value bed sleeps the same as a deluxe bed, and I'd bet the value shower gets me just as clean.

I like the atmosphere at the values, I like the food courts.

I have stayed at moderates, and that's splurging enough for me.

I wouldn't pay $50 for a candy bar, and I can't see paying 3 or 4 hundred a night for a bed.

But that's just me.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

I think the most basic question to ask to decide this is: Does your family like to spend much time at the resort or do they spend almost all their time in the parks?

My family doesn't do much more than swim at the pool one or two times during our stay and spends the rest of the time in the parks. Thus, for us, the cost of a deluxe is rather wasted because we aren't there long enough to enjoy the amenities. However, if your family likes to enjoy the extras that a deluxe can provide then it may make sense to go that way.

Best thing is to find out what your family likes and go with that.

Post Thanks / Like

All my time in the resort is just about spent sleeping Value is great for me, every year

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

At this point, I'd rather go every year, even if it meant staying Value, rather than saving for 2 years to stay Deluxe. Maybe when our kids are older I'll feel differently, and we won't need to go every year, but for now the Values and Moderates are fine.
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Since I'm happy at the moderate level (even though I would love to stay at a deluxe), it's no question that I'd rather give up a little bit and stay at a value to go every year. I've never experienced the deluxe anyway, so I don't know what I may (or may not) be missing!
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

We usually stay at a Value for 10 to 12 days every year. For out 20th Wedding Anniversary we decided to go to the Contemporary for 5 Days (all we could afford). Although I always wanted to stay at a Deluxe and I was glad I did, staying only 5 days left me feeling like I was missing something (as would skipping a year). I LOVE the entire WDW experience and I would pick every year at a Value hands down! TWO YEARS IS A LONG TIME!!!
    1130 miles from the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

a bed's a bed, a shower's a shower....

Thanks to the value I get staying in value resorts, I go 3-4 times every year.

I've stayed in Deluxes and don't care for the differences. Its not worth the $$.
    "It's called a salute to all nations but MOSTLY America"

Been to WDW so many times, I've lost count

Visited Disneyland Paris in May 2002

Disneyland & Cali Adventure in June 2007

Hope to someday make it to Japan, China, and back to Paris for Disney Studios!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on your family's situation. Think about how much time you will actually spend at a resort. Also, if you have kids, I doubt it will make a difference to them, as the theming is great at just about every resort, and they will likely be focused on the parks anyways. Also, after a few years of trips, I'm sure you will be able to skip a year and maybe book a moderate or deluxe for the following year.
    Katherine

Feb. 1997-Polynesian
    Feb. 1998-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 2001-Off-site
    Feb. 2004-Port Orleans: Riverside/DCL:Disney Wonder
    Jan. 2007-Contemporary

Up next: DECEMBER 2007
    Fort Wilderness

"You've got serious thrill issues, dude. Awesomeeee."--Crush, Finding Nemo

Post Thanks / Like

Well it really depends on your personal situationa and preferences. I would stay at a value hands down if it meant going more. However, I am a huge disney nut! The bf calls me "Disney Head"

I know with my current situation with me still finishing up my BS and both of us in our 20's that we just can't justify the $215 or more a night for the room. It's taken us a little over a year to save up the money for our trip in September. It would of been at least another year if we were staying at a deluxe. Now with this being said I would love to stay at a deluxe some day! I really want to do Animal Kingdom Lodge!

However the boyfriend and I are not in the room enough to make it worth while. We are there to sleep and shower and maybe go swimming 1-2 times the entire trip.
    Brandie

Past Trip:
    July 2002 offsite at Alan's Grandparents
    Sept 2007 stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter, Free Dining (Got Engaged)

Post Thanks / Like

every year at POP. i would love to go and stay at Deluxe but cant. WL!
    but ive been lucky but poor and gone a few times more than many. then again i dont go anyway else on vacation.
    WL is great, and mayb i would like to try Poly, but i didnt like BC other than location and twice at AKL wasnt real great...ok.
    Pop is great and many dont spend time in rooms anyway
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Unlike a lot of people, going to WDW every year for me would be a bit much. I would prefer going every other year and seeing some other part of the country in between. Then I can really look forward to the deluxe resort I will be staying at (which for me is half the fun of the trip) when I do get to go.
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

There's no way I would go every year anyway. Every other year (or every few years) keeps the magic fresh for me, and allows me to see other places with my family in my off years. I'm addicted and I love it, but not every year. I prefer to build excitement and anticipation between trips. And definitely deluxe all the way.

It's not just about the room, the bed, the shower for us. We enjoy the resorts. The resorts are amazing and add so much more to our vacations than just park time. Plus the transportation at deluxes is so much less aggravating that it's worth it for me. And proximity to parks adds to the magic.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: