Quantcast Where to buy an autograph book?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to buy an autograph book?

We're arriving late on Friday (10 pm-ish) and then we're attending a character breakfast at 8:30 am on Saturday.

Will there be a store open somewhere onsite or off to purchase autograph books?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The gift shop in your resort will have them You just need to check the hours they are usually open until midnight in most resorts.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

We're staying off site.

Post Thanks / Like

If the Chracter Meal is at a hotel their gift shop should be opened. If it's in the parks there shoud be atleast one gift shop open near the park entrance.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I know my girls would be devastated to miss out on those princess signatures.

BelleBeauty Guest

There's no need to miss out on signatures! Think about checking ebay to order some before you leave. You might also want to get a great Disney notebook at a local store to take with you. You may want to have a back up with you just in case you can't find a store that is open (doubtful), and you can supplement it with a great pen that you buy onsite!

Post Thanks / Like

Make your own before you go! We have always done this...anywhere from plain to intricate. We start with just a spiral bound drawing tablet usually about 4x8 size that we purchase from our local Hobby Lobby and a colored sharpie. We use letter stickers to put each kid's name on it and we usually use the Disney stichers to title the book something like "Tyler's Magical Moments" or whatever stickers we can find. Ty loves Dumbo so usually he has something Dumbo decorating the cover and the back page (oh ya, and the ones we get also have transparent colored plastic cover and back so all this is somewhat protected). Skye got a cool pink Cinderella Castle with glittery things floating inside and gemstone letters for her name last time. We usually leave it at that. One page gets the autograph and the opposite side gets a picture of the kid withthe character. This last time we went one further and it is more like a scrap book where we have decorated each page to match each character. That does make autographing a bit more difficult because you have to find the correct page for the line you are in though so going plain and then possibly embellishing later is probably the better way to go!

The kids love their books and had a great time helping to make them. It was a great way to anticipate the trip in a good way too!

94 more days!
    Sherry

10 earlier times...
    1-08 ASMo ( MOM AND KIDS FOR 13 DAYS!!!)
    11-08 POP (Mom and Kids for 14 days!!!)
    4-21-10 thru 4-28-10 Pop Century (WE'RE GOING BACK!!!!!)
    8-13 thru 8-19-11 ASMo & 8-19 thru 8-28-11 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Autograph books are one of those items that seem to be available just about everywhere onsite.

You could even check the Disney store (or whatever they call it) at MCO before you go for your luggage/ground transportation to see if they have one.

Post Thanks / Like

Before our last trip, I called Disney Merchandising. I think the number in is info central. Told them what I wanted and they sent it out and I had it weeks before I left.

I think there is also a 1-800 #, but I do not remember it.

Also, I bought the colored sharpies before and each day we chose a different color. The kids seemed to enjoy it!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!

DJ
    1978-offsite
    December 2003-POR
    June 2005-POFQ
    February 2006-Off site
    June 2006-POFQ
    March 2007-POFQ
    June 6-13, 2008- POFQ

Next: Christmas-New Year's Disneyland or World...not sure yet, but I will be at one!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ebay

I just checked EBay with the search string
    new disney autograph book
    and got 23 hits. I'll bet you find something there that appeals to you in terms of style and price.

Changing search to
    disney autograph book
    increased hits to 125 - which doesn't mean the description doesn't specify 'new' - only the title doesn't say it is.

I've bought WDW stuff this way many times. I'd say which seller I've bought from several times but it may be an Intercot no-no. You're welcome to pm me.

Post Thanks / Like

You can get spiral bound autograph books at Walmart (IN Orlando) they are open 24/7, although they are not "official" WDW autograph books. Personally, I don't like the spiral bound ones, they just seem cheap to me, we've used them, but I don't like them as much as I like the bound ones you can get in the world.
    Last edited by mudpuppysmom; 03-29-2007 at 07:21 PM. Reason: content
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the World of Disney at DTD have autograph books?

Just a note, when having the characters sign your book, have them sign just one side and skip a page for the next character. This way the blank side facing the signature is where you can put a pix of the character with you and/or child. Then your child will have their own great pix book to show all of his/her friends.

Have a great time.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

If you have time you can go to a local Walmart. We always go the day we arrive to stock up on water bottles and etc. They have a designated Disney area with shirts, ponchos, autograph books and much more.
    It's not 'work' if your doing something you enjoy. Let's just say that I 'work' 5 days out of every 7.

And why do I work? So that I can take my family to WDW, silly goose!

00 - Swan
    03 - Caribbean Beach
    04 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    06 - POR
    07 - Contemporary
    08 - POR
    09 - POR
    2010 - Disney Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

I got them for my 2 kids on Ebay. The difference is $5 on Ebay and $12 for them at Disney. I'd rather use the leftover $14 for some snacks during the trip or other things. I got them with matching pens and also got my kids a new Disney wallet for each of them as well, and it still cost less than what you would pay at Disney itself to get just the books.

Post Thanks / Like

sure...any gift shop will have them.
    Kristi Kay
    2003 CP Cast Member

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
    –Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: